• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

saved that gif that was wonderful :D oh i've got it on good authority (ala Paul Carter of 'LRB') you can't call yourself a powerlifter until you've done a proper meet MUST GET SQUAT UP i can't consider doing even an amateur meet with my squat at its current level :'(

kelso-burn-o.gif

LMAO!!!

let the trash talk begin!

Hey have you guys been working hard on your mental toughness?

Because it'll take a lot out of you when you lose to a Scout.

LMAO!!!

let the trash talk begin!

Hey have you guys been working hard on your mental toughness?

Because it'll take a lot out of you when you lose to a Scout.

Bahahah! Oh man. So good. You could take taht comedy act on the road ya know :D 

i can't consider doing even an amateur meet with my squat at its current level :'(

Me neither :D But I'm doing this one anyway! (I know it doesn't really qualify as a meet).

Loving the burn in here! Can I roast my marshmallows on that?

Bahahah! Oh man. So good. You could take taht comedy act on the road ya know :D

Now if only I could back it up ;)

Loving the burn in here! Can I roast my marshmallows on that?

XD

i can't consider doing even an amateur meet with my squat at its current level :'(

It would most likely be a good experience regardless of your numbers. (do eet!)

hey, how are you guys planning on prepping for this? I'll probably just do a light week beforehand, but I was wondering what some of you guys with meet experience/knowledge will do.

hey, how are you guys planning on prepping for this? I'll probably just do a light week beforehand, but I was wondering what some of you guys with meet experience/knowledge will do.

Since I am lifting on May 11th, I plan to do a heavy set Wed, and then a medium set of the lifts plus accessory stuff Thursday. Friday will be a travel/rest day for me. In the morning I'll warm up and mobilize and stuff my face with food. Then start lifting :) 

The next Warrior challenge will be about this. Corey and I are in the process of writing it up and I think we're going to release it at the end of this week.

of course i'm doing it sillys!!!!!!! got a PR squat for 2 today :D... need a bit more to make it work with the weight i've gained but still 3 PLATES MADAFACKERS 2 reps @ approx 80kg and i've still got 2 squat days to go before the meet

just out of curiousity (and a little bit of not understanding the formula too well), does the wilks formula factor in lifting experience/preparation time or anything of the sorts? Or is it just to compare men to women?

Sorry, spelled it wrong it's McCulloch. It's used for Master's aged lifters. We had it in our previous lifts because WildRoss and Mr Andy Gates were whooping our asses.

so that's what happened. Your secret is out now

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

so that's what happened. Your secret is out now Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

Mixing things up makes for a more exciting competition. Watching favourites dominate is fun, but close matches and underdog stories are even more fun

Did he just call me fat?

Almost sounds like he did. And the rest of us aswell.

By the way I tested my 2RMs on the big3 and it went awesome! Increased my PRs by 35kg overall. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the meet! :)

Words cut deep...

Sticks and stones...

...I'm going to need to make sure I'm above 200 when I show up on Friday night or BigM is gonna make fun of me.

Nah you get a pass since y'all didn't make fun of me in Sept when I was 195.