• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

How did I miss this? Perfect timing as I come off the first round of Cube training (and see if it worked - sub-maximal training is a huge effort of trust!).  I'll be in, late in the schedule as that's mah schedule.

Nah you get a pass since y'all didn't make fun of me in Sept when I was 195.

Don't worry, I'll still make fun of you Seth.

How did I miss this? Perfect timing as I come off the first round of Cube training (and see if it worked - sub-maximal training is a huge effort of trust!).  I'll be in, late in the schedule as that's mah schedule.

There he is! 

Nah you get a pass since y'all didn't make fun of me in Sept when I was 195. 

I won't be anywhere near 200, more aiming at like 170-165. No idea how I'm gonna get an accurate reading on my weigth since there's no scale in my house

The famed Mr. Gates! Destroyer of the McCulloch formula. Welcome to the competition Nr Gates. Hope you're ready for some fierce competition :)

Just been wrangling my calendar so I can fit it in - which is a green for go, so long as I go dead last.  Which means I get to see what y'all have been lifting! >:)

I'll make fun of all of you and I'm a midget shrimp compared to some of you tall folk.

I have no shame... and no filter... and no fear of getting physically abused it seems since I trash talk the biggest of the big.  

lol  so fun shall be made- regardless of the 200 lbs min mark.

scratch that : MirGS and I are going to double up and weigh in together.  bam- problem solved. 

I'll make fun of all of you and I'm a midget shrimp compared to some of you tall folk.

I have no shame... and no filter... and no fear of getting physically abused it seems since I trash talk the biggest of the big.  

lol  so fun shall be made- regardless of the 200 lbs min mark.

scratch that : MirGS and I are going to double up and weigh in together.  bam- problem solved. 

Yes!!! ALL of this!

I'll allow this as long as you do all the lifts together. It'll be like battleing against a mini-Voltron.

nah- we just need two benches- put our heads together- feet away- and we have them all beat. 

I feel like squatting will be more problematic to be honest- but we can manage that too- as long as your ass isn't as big as mine- then we run into a "how much real estate is under the bar" issue LOL

Ooh....this will be fun to watch! There was some double lifting happening at the Boston one in the fall, so that is how I'll picture this one going down with Mir and I-Jo :)

And BigM.....we may have let you be on the 195 in the fall, but that's because you provided several other items.....pretzeling (yeah, that's a word!) under the squat bar, monkey arm moment in the kitchen, and the countless countless quotes (although I think some came from KW too).

Pulled from some facebook comments as a few wonderful examples:

"The more beer I drink, the more bent my staff becomes."

"Oh! I need to get my dinosaurs!"

"I blame my face, primarily." - KW, when talking about why the guys are single.

"So what you're saying is, strippers are probably really good at power cleaning."

And Seth.... >200 ....all I'm sayin' :)

Oh god. I can't wait to be present for some more epic quotes!

And yeah, my ass is flat as a pancake, despite all the squats. So I think we're good.

Only...how tall are you? O.o

We need to get KW to call into work so he can come.

...I'm going to need to make sure I'm above 200 when I show up on Friday night or BigM is gonna make fun of me.

*looks around, then down at his 170 lb body*

I won't be anywhere near 200, more aiming at like 170-165. No idea how I'm gonna get an accurate reading on my weigth since there's no scale in my house

Count me as another of the 165-170 club.  

Ooh....this will be fun to watch! There was some double lifting happening at the Boston one in the fall, so that is how I'll picture this one going down with Mir and I-Jo :)

And BigM.....we may have let you be on the 195 in the fall, but that's because you provided several other items.....pretzeling (yeah, that's a word!) under the squat bar, monkey arm moment in the kitchen, and the countless countless quotes (although I think some came from KW too).

"So what you're saying is, strippers are probably really good at power cleaning."

I wish I could easily find the video of John and Micah double power cleaning.  It's great.  

And I can't wait for drinking.  Really I'm just very excited for the whole thing.  I'm expecting it to get me excited about lifting again.

it doesn't happen often but times like this i wish i lived in 'murica... and i'm a svelt 178 of your american (fuck you they're british!) lbs and that ain't gonna change until i get my own place and i can get a chest freezer and a cow (Ma ain't too fond of the idea of me being 'big')

I remember all of these. Didn't the stripper one come from something along the lines of them being very good at flinging bodyweight around on metal poles?

We will most likely stop streaming after the lifting has been completed, but we'd hope that everyone would raise a glass with us to toast our own individual accomplishments. 

well I have more than enough ass to make up for us both ! I'm about 5'8"

okay, if we're going to double squat, we're gonna need to put me on a box or something. you've got 5" on me...

We will most likely stop streaming after the lifting has been completed, but we'd hope that everyone would raise a glass with us to toast our own individual accomplishments. 

Makes me wish I could be there in person all the more.

I'll raise a glass with you guys a little later in the evening though! 

Yeah, streaming will only happen during the lifting, no streaming my house all over the interwebz.