• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Yay bigm the photographer! That's awesome. I'll definitely bring my camera so we have options.

Light everything for me this week. Not sure how that's going to go.

So.... I dreamt about SSS last night. You nerds are in my brain!

Was it magical? I bet it was. Did SSS show up in a tux at your door? It's totally a thing SSS would do. He's classy like that. 

what are the standards for cleans and snatches?Can I power clean or do I have to get down below parallel? (I know, my power clean shouldn't be higher than my squat clean, but I'm stilla newbie)

never mind googled...

Was it magical? I bet it was. Did SSS show up in a tux at your door? It's totally a thing SSS would do. He's classy like that. 

surely SSS isn't any specific gender... more a state of being encapsulated in our hopes and dreams of iron and beer :P

We can slide the dates? Awesome, because I just got reminded that I'm helping marshal a local footrace on Sunday. Luckily I booked Monday off for recovery, that'll be for pain'n'glory instead.  :)

Coach says come hang out with nerds? 

Good coach

I wish I wish I wish but the event of a lifetime.... the event I've trained for all year happens this Saturday:

the 2nd annual Clam-a-rama clam pitching tourney.  Spousal unit and I have entered as a team.  We've been eating right, lifting the things, running, pushing, pulling.....

And it's too far from CoreyD's for an appearance.  BOO!!!

Somehow I managed to forget to post in this forum--I'll be playing along from home.  Lifts will be happening on the 11th for me, I think.  That's the plan, anyway!

Done. :)

Best attempts were Squat 185 / Bench 125 / Deadlift 215  (Press 100)

Big 3 Total: 525  (Awesome)

Big 4 Total: 625

I should have tried for higher on squats.  I tried 135 on bench and got trapped under the bar, had to dump my plates to escape.

Done:

Squats: 165/175/185

Bench: 95/100/105

Deadlift: 165/175/185

OHP: 65/75/85

Big 3 total: 475

Big 4 total: 560.

Bodyweight today: 88 kgs

I celebrated by doing a widowmaker set of squats @ 125 kgs. Then, I ate 1 kg of slow cooked pork ribs and a mason jar of whole milk with whey protein. Now I am back in the lab. Coding. Not a bad day today. :)

I celebrated by doing a widowmaker set of squats @ 125 kgs.

what happened? maxing out wasn't enough of a workout for you?

nice OHP by the way

what happened? maxing out wasn't enough of a workout for you?

nice OHP by the way

Thanks ! After doing all the lifts, I still felt I had a lot of energy left. I hadn't sweated at all while attempting my lifts. Then I did the widowmaker set . Then I almost fell down and felt light headed. So, I sat on the platform for quite some time. When I tried to get up, it was nasty. So I went and did the other things. Tonight, I had 4 huge slices of pizza and 4 beers. I feel drained. :)