Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Still not sure if I'm in bc I'm on a program now and I promise to do what coach says

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

what are the standards for cleans and snatches?Can I power clean or do I have to get down below parallel? (I know, my power clean shouldn't be higher than my squat clean, but I'm stilla newbie)

never mind googled...

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Coach says come hang out with nerds? 

Good coach

I wish I wish I wish but the event of a lifetime.... the event I've trained for all year happens this Saturday:

the 2nd annual Clam-a-rama clam pitching tourney.  Spousal unit and I have entered as a team.  We've been eating right, lifting the things, running, pushing, pulling.....

And it's too far from CoreyD's for an appearance.  BOO!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Done. :)

Best attempts were Squat 185 / Bench 125 / Deadlift 215  (Press 100)

Big 3 Total: 525  (Awesome)

Big 4 Total: 625

I should have tried for higher on squats.  I tried 135 on bench and got trapped under the bar, had to dump my plates to escape.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Way to go Grimm!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Done:

Squats: 165/175/185

Bench: 95/100/105

Deadlift: 165/175/185

OHP: 65/75/85

Big 3 total: 475

Big 4 total: 560.

Bodyweight today: 88 kgs

I celebrated by doing a widowmaker set of squats @ 125 kgs. Then, I ate 1 kg of slow cooked pork ribs and a mason jar of whole milk with whey protein. Now I am back in the lab. Coding. Not a bad day today. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

what happened? maxing out wasn't enough of a workout for you?

nice OHP by the way

Thanks ! After doing all the lifts, I still felt I had a lot of energy left. I hadn't sweated at all while attempting my lifts. Then I did the widowmaker set . Then I almost fell down and felt light headed. So, I sat on the platform for quite some time. When I tried to get up, it was nasty. So I went and did the other things. Tonight, I had 4 huge slices of pizza and 4 beers. I feel drained. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf