Zeuel Returns!

Zeuel

I missed the last challenge due to surgery at the beginning of March, but I am back! Unfortunately I am suffering from a mental paralysis when it comes to weight loss and let's just say I may have back slid quite a bit. I want to be skinnier, but I also don't want to starve my body while going through second puberty. Therefore, I am going to set up the goals for this challenge that encourage me to just get healthier and in better shape which is definitely a positive regardless of my weight level. Here is my starting info below and what I started off at at the beginning of January in parentheses. Having a very poor few months when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle definitely shows below and I really need to step in and make sure I can change that. :(

On the plus side my personal goal for last challenge(work more on my voice) was an amazing success and if I had to choose between going back to my crappy voice before but being 20 lbs lighter and my current amazing voice but poor weight, I would choose my current situation 100% of the time. In some ways I feel like my current situation is like changing classes. I temporarily got worse but only in order to increase my potential! :D

Starting Info:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 186.0 lbs (167.2 lbs)

Measurements:
Neck: 14.5" (14.5")
Shoulder Width: 18" (18")
Upper Arm: 11.5" (11.5")
Chest: 38"/^36"/↓34.5" (37"/^35.5"/↓33")
Waist: 32.5" (29.5")
Hips: 39.5" (38")
Thigh: 24" (22.5")

Admittedly I weighed myself in the late afternoon when I am generally heavier than in the morning so in all reality I am probably closer to 184 or 185. Seeing the changes from gaining weight the only one that really distresses me is the increase in waist size. I miss having a 29" waist. Anyways on to my goals for this challenge.

Goal 1: Drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day!
This is a really important goal for me since every time I am not actively monitoring my drinking habits, I end up drinking way too much tea and coffee and not enough water. I am not going to give up tea and coffee, but I think at least drinking a minimum amount of water every day will make me drink less. +3 CON

Goal 2: Run on the treadmill for at least 2 hours a week!
Regardless of what I want to do with my weight, I think getting back in shape is important. I am going to set a lower number than I was used to before just so I don't feel overwhelmed. I can always run more if I need to. +2 DEX +2 STA

Goal 3: Sleep more!
Staying up late so often can't be good for my body. I know a lot of days I have dark circles under my eyes and look tired and lack of sleep is not good for maintaining weight from what I understand. I am going to start forcing myself to go to bed at a reasonable time and get at least 50 hours of sleep a week. +3 WIS +1 CHA

Personal Goal: Get more photogenic!
For the longest time I avoided getting my picture taken if I could. I hated how I looked in pictures and only recently have I started taking more pictures of myself. However, I have fallen into this bad habit of doing duck lips and deuces which first started off as me making fun of duck lips and deuces but then became my default pose in pictures when I realized those were the best pictures I had taken up to that point.

HNI_0032_JPG_zps7fccad1c.jpg
HNI_0091_JPG_zpsd2553a6e.jpg

HNI_0016_JPG_zps89be41cd.jpg

Yeah, I have a problem. My personal goal is to take at least three good pictures during this challenge without resorting to that pose. :tongue:+1 WIS +3 CHA

Week 1:
Day 1 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!
Day 2 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!

Day 3 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!
Day 4 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!
Day 5 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!
Day 6 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!

Day 7 Glasses of Water: 8/8 COMPLETE!
Hours on the Treadmill: 2/2 COMPLETE!
Hours of Sleep: 50/50 COMPLETE!

Number of Pictures Taken: 0/3
End of Week Weigh-in: 182.2

Week 2:

Hours on the Treadmill: 0/2
Number of Pictures Taken: 1/3
End of Week Weigh-in: 180.6

Week 3:

Hours on the Treadmill: Exempt/2
End of Week Weigh-in: 180.0

Week 4:

Hours on the Treadmill: 2/2 COMPLETE!

End of Week Weigh-in: 185.6

Week 5:

Hours on the Treadmill: .5/2
Number of Pictures Taken: 2/3
End of Week Weigh-in: 184.6

Week 6:

Hours on the Treadmill: 0/2
Number of Pictures Taken: 3/3 COMPLETE!
Final Weigh-in: 188.8

Zeuel the level 1 Human
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 1|WIS 1|CHA 3

I got some decent sleep this weekend and I did an hour on the treadmill. Hopefully there will be time for me to do my last hour for the week before I head back home.

Zeuel the level 1 Human

I had a great nap yesterday and I have been doing alright overall on sleep and great on the water intake. I just need to get around to some pictures soon. :P

Zeuel the level 1 Human

Thank you! Practicing would definitely help me a lot. I usually only take pictures when I'm bored or after clothes shopping. However this upcoming week I should have plenty of time since it's finals followed by summer break. :D

Today I got 6 hours of sleep which is actually good for a traveling day followed by 2 hours on the train. I forgot my workout clothes back at my apartment so I will need to jump on the treadmill in either pajamas or jeans. :P

Zeuel the level 1 Human

My treadmill goal didn't get reached due to a mix of procrastination and then not bringing work out clothes when I went home for the weekend. However I did reach my other goals, I will weigh myself Wednesday morning(when I don't have to get up early) and I took a picture that I kinda liked without ducklips. :P

HNI_0037_JPG_zps638e09b0.jpg

Zeuel the level 1 Human

My throat is sore, my nose is stuffed up, and I have a really bad cough. I am going to make an exception on the liquids while I am sick since everywhere seems to recommend drinking orange juice instead of water for a sore throat.

Zeuel the level 1 Human

So this entire past week I was really sick and unable to do any time on the treadmill. My other goals were reached, but stepping on the treadmill would have resulted in me losing what little I was able to keep down so not getting on the treadmill was really no fault of my own. I won't count it for me but I won't count it against me either. Also I am down to 180.0! :D

Zeuel the level 1 Human

I've been getting A LOT of sleep over the past few days. I think it's a mix of recovering from this illness and doing my injection recently. Puberty can take it out of you. :P

Zeuel the level 1 Human

I went for long strenuous walks outside, but I will count them even though they weren't on the treadmill. The important part is I did the exercise. I also managed to meet my sleep goals for the last week, but I will have to do my weight tomorrow.

Zeuel the level 1 Human

I wasn't able to exercise as much as I wanted to, but all my other goals were met. My weekly weigh in will be done tomorrow since I don't have to get up early for class.

Zeuel the level 1 Human

My final weigh in is 188.8 and I did poorly on my running but most of my other goals are perfect or near perfect! :)

Also here is my final picture for my challenge that I took on Saturday but didn't get a chance to post until today.

HNI_0087_JPG_zps998b1ac5.jpg

Zeuel the level 1 Human

Goal 1: Drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day: A
Great success! What more can I say besides these challenges keeping me honest help keep me hydrated and healthier.  +3 CON

Goal 2: Run on the treadmill for at least 2 hours a week: D
I got way too lax on this. I'm still afraid of losing weight. :(+1 DEX

Goal 3: Sleep more: A
Some weeks I still felt dissatisfied with only 50 hours but this past 6 weeks were waaaaaay better than so many previous weeks.  +3 WIS +1 CHA

Personal Goal: Get more photogenic: A
I feel so much better about taking my picture now! I took a variety of pictures for all three and I like all three of them. This challenge made me remember just how important good lighting is. +1 WIS +3 CHA

LEVEL UP!

Level 4 ---> 5

STR 6

DEX 3 ---> 4

STA 11

CON 8 ---> 11

WIS 13 ---> 17

CHA 10 ---> 14

Zeuel the level 1 Human

Hey Zeuel,

Well done on achieving so many of your goals so well!

And the sleep one is really hard, so particular congrats on that one!! :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines