kawatan: Breaking the Start-scumming Cycle

kawatan

Thanks Kishi! It's tomorrow, and I'm super pumped. I'm equally pumped that despite the fact that I'm recording two episodes a day, I'm still mostly on target for my "real world" goals.

Skincare/dental care: 18/42
Calories: 14/30
Contact point: 15/30
Pushups: 290/450
Studying: 27.5/60

Minichallenge: 3/7

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

ah. ahahaha. Yeah, after my last post, the recording software managed to fail, and then after that I ended up very briefly in the emergency room myself (for an allergic reaction that caused moderate to severe periorbital edema - I'm alright though, I promise!) and everything's been all thrown around since.

Skincare/dental care: 20/42
Calories: 16/30
Contact point: 15/30
Pushups: 395/450 (I KNOW RIGHT. Before the whole "here is your eye swelling like a citrus fruit" thing on Friday I did my 20 minutes of pushups for the Fellowship challenge and uh, KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. I'm STILL feeling the delayed onset muscle soreness but OH MY GOODNESS I WAS CAPABLE OF DOING OVER A HUNDRED INCLINE PUSHUPS IN A DAY I FEEL LIKE A BADASS.)
Studying: 30/60
Minichallenge: FAILED 4/7

Two weeks left. I HAVE TO be on top of myself in terms of the skin care, contact points (aaah!), and studying. I can still ace the studying if I do over two hours a day every day, and if I apply to at least one job a day (plus one day with two) I can squeak by with the contact points. Technically I only have to do six pushups a day five days a week for the pushup challenge - which I might try to do...from an even lower incline. I'm gonna get to those proper standard pushups one day, I know it!!!

I wonder what next week's minichallenge has in store? 

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

My sleep schedule is a trainwreck and a half. Sigh. I really should prioritize making that better next challenge. (I think my goals next challenge will be something like bodyweight exercise and stretching 6x/week, calorie counting, sleeping right, and contact points and/or studying depending on what happens.) 

Skincare/dental care: 21/42
Calories: 18/30
Contact point: 17/30
Pushups: 405/450 
Studying: 32/60

Minichallenge: none so far. I can't even really do the most basic parts of the pullup progression yet, despite my pushups awesomeness earlier. I've asked if Let Me Ins count; let's hope they do.

...Well this week was less than awesome. I dunno why exactly; I just found it so hard to get motivated and slipped back into bad habits. My sleep schedule's all wonky because of my partner's finals, which doesn't help but isn't a good excuse anyway.

Skincare/dental care: 26/42
Calories: 24/30
Contact point: 18/30
Pushups: 430/450
Studying: 34/60

Minichallenge: 60. Really should have set a daily goal for myself for this one. Let's see what the final week has in store. 

So here were my goals:

1. Do thirty or more knee pushups fifteen or more incline push ups a day, at least 30 out of the 42 days. +2 STR +2 STA

GRADING: 75 pushups is 1/3 STR 1/3 STA. This allows for bonus points. Push ups can be broken up as much as I want during the day, just gotta do at least 15.

EXTRA CHALLENGE: Do ten proper pushups. +1 STR

2. Eat 1400kcal or less for at least 30 of the 42 days. +3 CON

GRADING: 1/2 point for every 5 days on target. This allows for bonus points.

3. Do my morning and evening skincare and dental routine every day. +1 CON +1 CHA

GRADING: 1/3 point each for every 14 days on target.

4. Spend at least 60 hours out of the 42 days studying for the actuarial Financial Math exam. (That's two hours a day five days a week.) +3 WIS

GRADING: 1/2 point for every ten hours. This allows for bonus points.

5. Have 30 "contact points" in the job search by the end of the 42 day period. +1.5 WIS +1.5 CHA

GRADING: 1/4 WIS 1/4 CHA every 5 points. This allows for bonus points.

I also had an unstated goal to do all of the assassin minichallenges.

So how did I do?

1. Pushups: 450/450, including doing very well on the Fellowship of the Nerds minichallenge. Grade: A, +2 STR, +2 STA

2. Calories: 30/30 Grade: A, +3 CON

3. Skincare and dental care: 32/42 Grade: C, +(2/3) CON, +(2/3) CHA

4. Studying: 35/60 Grade: D, +(3/2) WIS

5. Contact points: 20/30 Grade: C, +1 WIS +1 CHA

6. Minichallenges: 5/6 (all but "Pinocchio's bad habits": +2 STR +1 DEX +1 STA +1 CON)

So, not perfect: getting into the morning routine habit is something I need to work on, and I let my own laziness and Bad Thoughts get in my way in terms of studying. I'm really proud of my progress in terms of pushups and calorie counting, though - I'm losing weight and gaining strength and self-confidence in big ways, and it makes me quite happy, and look at all those points I've earned!

LEVELING UP:

STR 1 -> 5, DEX 2 -> 3, CON 3 -> 7.67, STA 3 -> 6, WIS 3 -> 5.5, CHA 3 -> 4.67

Bring on the next challenge!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines