die, zombies, die! (zombie elimination and survival squad basic info sheet)

spezzy

oh hi everyone, this challenge i’d like to try something a little different.

this squad will be the nf rebellion special operations: zombie elimination and survival unit (still, working title, but you get the idea!)

it will be a little different than our normal squads, as you will actually be graded and ranked on your performance. (Note: Performance for this will be based on personal performance improvements, so you can join and take part in this no matter what level you start at)

if you’re interested in joining, please leave a comment here, just so i can get a basic headcount and start organizing.

i’ll post alll of the grading and skill details sunday :)

format:

*will take place along with the normal 6 week challenge

*we’ll have our own place in the challenge forum to hang out and talk about zombie specific items.

*in addition to the normal challenge, you will be expected to set goals based on specific zombie fighting skills. It’s encouraged to overlap your challenge goals/zombie fighting goals so you don’t end up with too many goals.

*skills will be in three basic categories: a) attack/defense B) movement c) survival

*there will be a weekly mission as well as some larger missions that you can complete at any time during the 6 weeks. (weekly missions will be announced every monday, larger missions will be announced the first monday of the challenge and can be added at any time)

profession:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/

*you will need to pick a profession for this. every class has their own place in battle and in survival/rebuilding afterwards. and yes, i encourage multiclassing - but in order to have the ultimate zombie fighting army we need to pick professions :)

asi’s:

*you can have additional skill identifiers regardless of class. i’m still coming up with the official list, but they include things like carpentry, CPR, archery.

*these will be rewarded after challenges/tasks including these have been completed.

grading/ranks:

*everyone starts out as privates. the top 20% of the class at the end of each week advances to the next rank.

*grading will be based on skill improvement, weekly mission participation, larger mission completion.. will post more details shortly on grading system

*at the end of the six weeks, medals will be awarded based on total performance (list of medals will come along sometime in week one)

membership:

*anyone can join

*since this is the protection of the nf rebelllion we are training for, unfortunately, non participating members will be removed from the squad

participation:

*its strongly encouraged that you update your individual thread at least three times a week.

*it will be required for you to update the squad thread at least once a week with your progress and how it relates to zombie skills :)

*helping out squadmembers with their goals is strongly encouraged. it is not required but medals will be awarded at the end in this cagtegory...

*smaller missions are not required, but you will probably not level up as quickly without them.

A few example very broad skill areas you will be working on:

(entire official list to be posted sunday, these are just to give you an idea)

Attack/Defense:

Training in Strength, Agility, Stamina, Power, Coordination, Accuracy, Flexibility

Examples:

Weight training

Karate

Parkour

Yoga (holding your body very still in an awkward position is a serious defense skill)

Movement:

Training in speed and endurance.

Examples:

Sprinting

Long Distance Running

Rowing

Swimming

Survival:

Anything to do with survival - education, food, shelter, etc.

Examples:

Educating yourself about zombies

Creating emergency food stores

Learning CPR

Learning to create fire from scratch

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i'm in, elf ranger.

I also wanted to provide some insight that can help into training against the zombies in this challenge...as well as the potential robot uprising.

enjoy the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Celtic Ranger

Level 1

STR 2.0 | DEX 3.0

STA 3.0 | CON 2.0

WIS 2.0 | CHA 3.0

"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything you're willing to practice, you can do." - Bob Ross

Current Challenge: The Elder Goals

hahahah, that video! it was... very educational. *nods*

Count me in. I think I can be useful as a mobile engineer (assassin): get in. fix things. get out.

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }

please do NOT sign me up LOL as my only hope in the event of a zombie apocalypse is to hide for a while LOL but I did want to offer this suggestion to get in the spirit of the challenge (which honestly does sound like a lot of fun)

Listen to the audio version of Max Brooks' novel World War Z. It is fantastic listening and has an asskicking cast such as the author himself, Henry Rollins (I will try to hide as near to him as possible when the SHTF), Mark Hamill, Alan Alda, John Turturro, etc, etc.

Get it - you won't be sorry!

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

I read WWZ and can confirm that its made of awesome and win, with a dash or three of wicked mint. :)

You know I'm in. Human ranger, focus on hand-to-hand and firearms.

This is gonna be a ton of fun. :)

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

please do NOT sign me up LOL as my only hope in the event of a zombie apocalypse is to hide for a while LOL but I did want to offer this suggestion to get in the spirit of the challenge (which honestly does sound like a lot of fun)

Listen to the audio version of Max Brooks' novel World War Z. It is fantastic listening and has an asskicking cast such as the author himself, Henry Rollins (I will try to hide as near to him as possible when the SHTF), Mark Hamill, Alan Alda, John Turturro, etc, etc.

Get it - you won't be sorry!

I have that on my MP3 player and yes it is very good!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Die zombie die?

You bet I am in.

I love me some zombie slayin'.

Dwarf (stocky, kind of hairy, loves alcohol) Ranger/assassin.

I want in please. I have nothing but relentless vengeance and everything but mercy and remorse for zombies.

"Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

(Not as applicable to zombies as I would like, but nonetheless...)

Oh, and spezzy still owes me man-makers... <- Things reaching the level of a running gag for 200, Alex...

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NFPlex

That's NFPlex.

Cardio was Rule #1, CokeCanNinja! Rule #2, easily as important IMO? Double-tap.

Second Gem's assessment of WWZ audio-version - and that's from someone who hates audio-books, since I can read so much faster than I listen. WWZ, whether read or listened to, rocks.

Don't think I'll be playing this time (got enough on my plate ATM), but I'll probably be watching the team thread with interest!

Name:

James

Class : Human Ranger

Brief overview of goals:

Attack/Defense :

1.Benchpress 230 / More effeciently be able to throw objects at zombies or lift fallen objects off other survivors :D

2.Weapons, become a better shooter with my bow and buy a new firearm of some sort.

Movement:

1.Run a mile in 8 minutes / put some distance between those zombies and myself or find a better firing position more quickly lol

Survival :

1.Treat myself to a NF T-shirt if I meet all my goals. / survival, protect myself from the elements

2.Build Fire from scratch

3.Learn to build a basic shelter

Life Goal :

Make one new friend / meet a fellow survivor and increase both our odds

If you follow a specific way of eating:

Unprocessed healthy food

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for team creation:

I like to run and lift

If you want to be part of a team or if you want to work alone:

I'd love to be on a team this time for support...and because i'm just to curious to pass it up DIE ZOMBIES DIE!

If I have left anything out please let me know. I feel like i've missed something lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

fyi guys, working on more details now. will post later tonight. :)

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines