Third Time's the Charm

Brutus

Great job so far!
Isn't that a fantastic feeling, knowing you've gotten farther than you have before?

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

Mid week update

I can't believe it is may 1st and I am still working out. Normally by this time I have thrown in the towel and am just planning on restarting for a New Years resolution. I have you guys to thank for it, the support and accountability are huge helps.

I did my sprint work today and it was pretty intense because I was running into a massive headwind. I suppose I could have turned around and run the other way, but that's not really the point of working out.

Yesterday I was able to hold my crow stand for 24 seconds and felt really good about that. Someday I will be at handstands and be cranking out push-ups from that position. All in all I feel myself getting stronger, but I am thinking about modifying my goals for the next challenge to include more static work. For now I will continue as planned and see where that gets me.

Screw new years! As long as you do something today, you'll definately improve upon yourself! Congratulations for sticking to it, I hope you manage to go the whole year :)

Good luck with those handstands! Getting into the handstand and holding it against a wall is fairly easy! Standing freely is not so easy anymore :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Mid Challenge update!

3 weeks down, 3 weeks to go. I can feel myself starting to slide on the workout goals, and I don't like the feeling. I think it is because of the high rep count and monotony of the exercises. Since I am the boss of this challenge I decided to switch my routine up a little bit to keep my motivation up and keep things exciting.

Basically what I am going to do is lower the rep count for my sets and increase the intensity of the exercises so I am trashed once I finish my 3 sets. Also I am going to do full body workouts 3X a week and continue doing my sprints on the other 2 days. I am thinking of shifting my focus a little more to gymnastic static holds as well and will make Wednesdays static workout days and do dynamic workouts on Mon and Fri. Here is the proposed list for the workouts:

Dynamic:

Pushups 3x10

Pullups 3x10

Wall Handstand Pushups 3x10

Pistol Squat Variations 3x10 (each leg)

Single Leg Hip Thrusts 3x10 (each leg)

Some sort of leg raises 3x10 (maybe hanging, not sure yet)

Static:

Crow Stand for time 3 attempts

Bridge for time 3 attempts

Skin the Cat for time 3 attempts

L-Sit for time 3 attempts

If you see any gapping holes please feel free to chime in and I can add to the list.

As far as other goals go things are progressing at an uneven pace, but there is progress being made. The unplug goal is accomplished 75% of the time, but more importantly I have realized the benefits of getting to bed early enough to get sufficient sleep. I have found the best time for me to work on my spanish lessons is actually at lunch and I have been more consistent with getting those done as well. Probably the most progress has been made in the photography challenge, I have learned a multitude of new techniques and am really enjoying that aspect of the challenge.

3 weeks down, 3 to go!

Level 3 Tyrannosaurus Rex Ranger

*Current Stats*
STR: 9.85 DEX: 4.85 STA: 5.75 CON: 4.75 WIS: 7.1 CHA: 4

Current Challenge

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Here is the breakdown of today's static workout:

L-Sit Hold - 6,6,3 (sec) This was more difficult than I thought it would be. It is tough to find the right balance point and I totally trashed my abs and shoulders just trying to hold myself off of the ground for a few seconds.

Crow Stand - 13,15,13 (sec) It is awesome to see the improvement in this hold. The times arent going up very quickly, but that is mainly due to my losing my balance rather than my arms giving out. This morning I felt super strong in the position and was able to hold it pretty steady.

Head Bridges - 10,20,10 (sec) I enjoy doing the full bridges for time rather than trying to bang out reps. The first set was with my head off the ground and the next two were with my head in contact with the ground. By the third one my posterior chain was shot and I was ready to get out of that position

Skin the Cat - 7,8,8 (sec) This was my third attempt at the position and I have seen so much improvement in the last week. My first attempt was pretty pitiful and I could scarecely hold myself on the bar once I inverted myself. This morning I think I was pretty much in a tuck back lever position and was able to hold it for some time before needing to come out.

All in all I loved my first static day and am thinking about sneaking in some extra static work when I am bored to speed up my progress a little bit. Tomorrow is a sprint day followed by a dynamic workout on Friday.

I am kind of playing this one by ear, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Level 3 Tyrannosaurus Rex Ranger

*Current Stats*
STR: 9.85 DEX: 4.85 STA: 5.75 CON: 4.75 WIS: 7.1 CHA: 4

Current Challenge

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines