I'm a 25 year old mother of three and wife of one. I'm registered as a nurse, but right now, I'm just an full-time online student and a SAHM. Sometime in the past year, my stress level reached its tipping point and I tried to compensate by adopting some awful habits, mainly a reliance on caffeine, sugar, and chocolate while skipping real meals. The effects of this are evident in my renewed utilization of my old maternity pants (yikes!). Its kind of depressing and I really want to go back to using my "real" wardrobe. Earlier this year, I joined Sparkpeople, but it didn't really speak to me. I couldn't keep up with the calorie counting and exercise tracking. I found this site last week, and after reading over several articles, it just clicks. I love the idea of seeing life as a "quest" and developing your character as you would in a game. A couple of years ago, my sister and I turned our friends and family members into Magic the Gathering creatures. I believe I was something like a rogue merfolk wizard. Fun stuff.

So I read the "15 Mistakes" that beginners make, and I have to say I fall into about eight of those categories. The biggest issues for me are overeagerness, accountability, rationalizing, and collecting underpants. I digest massive amounts of information without knowing what to do with it, and when I finally do, I try to conquer everything at once. When that fails, I don't hold myself accountable and I am an incredible excuse maker. Even I'm starting to get fed up with my excuses. Keeping my weaknesses in mind, my first task is to defeat the coffee monster.

Level 2 Asari Druid

STR 2 | STA 5 | WIS 6 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | CHA 3

Challenge 

Sigh. I too have tons of underpants. Both literally and in relation to Nerd Fitness but that's beside the point = )

Kudos for taking the first step (even if it's for the 30th time) to take control of your health and your life. I'm doing the same thing and I'm doing my first 6 Week Challenge and trying to transition to a more Paleo lifestyle by doing a 30 day challenge on top of that. I'm only 2 days in and I'm cranky and have withdrawals from artificial sugar! But, I know it's ultimately for the better, even if I only do the 80/20 eating style, it's still better than 100% crap = D

Best of luck and we're all in this together!

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Welcome to the rebellion.

I was deep in the grips of the Diet Coke Monster so I feel your pain. I broke free (I still drink coffee, but black so no calories and none of that other bad stuff in Diet Coke). I also collect underpants (metaphorically) - mine come in the form of workout videos. I have P90x, Insanity, Asylum, Les Mills Pump, 10 Min. Trainer, and Tae Bo. I have watched exactly 2 sessions of P90x, and 3 sessions of 10 min. trainer.

Best of luck and while I am just starting out as well, if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Welcome to the rebellion.

I was deep in the grips of the Diet Coke Monster so I feel your pain. I broke free (I still drink coffee, but black so no calories and none of that other bad stuff in Diet Coke). I also collect underpants (metaphorically) - mine come in the form of workout videos. I have P90x, Insanity, Asylum, Les Mills Pump, 10 Min. Trainer, and Tae Bo. I have watched exactly 2 sessions of P90x, and 3 sessions of 10 min. trainer.

Best of luck and while I am just starting out as well, if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Yeah, I had to give up coffee entirely because I won't drink in black. I've been using partially-hydrogenated creamer crap, which is probably worse than caffeine. But I can drink chai with absolutely zero sugar or milk. After the past 4 days of drinking chai instead of coffee, I'm wondering why I didn't do this sooner. My underpants are web surfing. I feel like I have to research everything to the nth level. And then I pin it or clip it to evernote, never to look at it again. I decided rather that take the ridiculous amount of time to build the PERFECT workout for myself, I'm just going to find the opportunities that are already there. I know some friends who have started doing Insanity together. I figure I might as well try it to see if I like it. Its still research, I guess, but its more like field work. It will get me off the computer and out of the house. 

Level 2 Asari Druid

STR 2 | STA 5 | WIS 6 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | CHA 3

Challenge