BoydLabBuck returns to dedication

BoydLabBuck

Well that sure escalated quickly.  Last challenge started with a new baby and ended with a tailspin into chaos.

It's time to get back on track.

This is my first challenge outside of the rangers, as I've taken a brake from Crossfit due to the lack of sleep and a general unhappiness with the direction my location took.  I will return, likely to a different location, but not yet.  For now, I have running to do.  I have a humble running background, but not really the body for it as a long term/high use thing.

Goals:

1.  Lose 6 lbs to get under 210lbs for the first time since 2002.  I will do this by returning to a primal diet and keeping carbs under an average of 140 g/day for the week.  No day shall exceed 200g of carbs.

2.  Run at least 3 times a week.  My previous month's average was .75.  This must improve because I have...

3.  Complete the Flying Pig Toyota 10K on May 4th under 57:00.  It's crunch time and things need to improve.

Personal - Assemble and test the prototype device I've been working on for the past 4 months.  This was my goal last challenge, and I'm 90% there, but I need to finish it.

Weight loss goal (38 lbs by March 21)

16%
16%

Time elapsed (Started July 27)

9%
9%

July 26 Challenge Thread

Great goals BLB, and welcome to the Scouts. Do you have a plan for your runs?, Like a program to build some distance without overtraining?, I used C210K for a while (did not finish due to triathlon goals), and it works great!.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Big update for yesterday, I was able to get out for a run.  It was only an easy 3 miles, but that's the first weekday workout I've been able to fit in since February.

As for the training plan, I don't really have one.  Most runs will be 3/4 miles, with a 6 miler one week before the race.

Once this is over, it will be time to start training for the USAF half marathon in September.  I will probably put some loose training plan in place for that, but I ran it last year on 3 crossfit workouts and 1 run per week, and I was happy with the results.

16%
16%

9%
9%

July 26 Challenge Thread

Hi Boydlabbuck! So glad you chose to be a scout- clearly you're suited!!!

Excited to see how you progress :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Big update for yesterday, I was able to get out for a run.  It was only an easy 3 miles, but that's the first weekday workout I've been able to fit in since February.

As for the training plan, I don't really have one.  Most runs will be 3/4 miles, with a 6 miler one week before the race.

Once this is over, it will be time to start training for the USAF half marathon in September.  I will probably put some loose training plan in place for that, but I ran it last year on 3 crossfit workouts and 1 run per week, and I was happy with the results.

Although I'm all up for training plans (Is the only way it works for me), I think you can have great results without one too, provided you actually go out and run a few times every week, just be careful not to add too much distance/time at a time, slow, steady progress will get you further away.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Well I've had quite a negative development.  It appears I've developed ITBS, and running (frankly most exercise) is going to have to stop.  Friday I noticed the pain, and Saturday i was limping.  I've started icing and ibuprofen which has helped substantially, but I'm evaluating how to proceed.

The area I live now is incredibly hilly, and it appears this likely caused the problem.  I thought I would be OK because I was only going out once or twice a week, but something went wrong.

16%
16%

9%
9%

July 26 Challenge Thread

*hands you a foam roller*

BTW, going back to your original post, what's the device? Or if you told me would you have to kill me?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I feel for you Boyd ... I've had a frustrating series of chest infections and colds over the last few months ... always clashing with my race calendar (and everything else). Plus I have a 10K coming up on Sunday and haven't trained in 3 weeks ! :-(

Keep it up, see how you feel on Saturday ! 

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

How is your knee?  I had no idea what ITBS was until I read your posts and did some googling.  I had some random knee pains this week and am pretty sure it is ITBS.  Never had this type of pain before...up until now, I've only experienced the joy of shin splints.  hope your knee is feeling better!

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Well things are almost back to normal with the knee.  It took some consistent rest + ice + stretching, but I think it's gone.  I think it was a combination of ITBS and some sciatic nerve issues, it was pretty bad for a little while.  It cleared up in time for me to run the Flying Pig Toyota 10k on Saturday.  I wasn't sure about running, but when I found out two Tarahumara were going to be there I knew I had to do it.

Completed it in 55:58, which I was satisfied with considering I had no trained in almost 3 weeks.

The other goals are still lagging.  I haven't lost any weight, and I'm still waiting on my business partner to get the parts completed to finish the prototype.  I am now researching patents and beginning a patent draft in the few minutes I have free to myself in the evenings.

16%
16%

9%
9%

July 26 Challenge Thread

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines