• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Caution

Caution: That weight isn't going to lift itself

Kramer+Slide.+Haters+gonna+hate.+From+S2

Well, here we are again. I failed miserably during my last challenge, work piled up, I got sick, the dog ate my shoes, an asteroid leveled my house etc... whatever, that is in the past. Time to get back on that proverbial horse and  give it another go. 

This time around I'm I'm not setting specific weight target goals but rather sticking to the program. I get discouraged when I start stalling and I'm not eating for gains so I would be setting myself up for failure. Also I've never finished a challenge where I listed running as a goal, so no running this time around (as a goal, I'll still try it)

Fitness Goals

1) 5/3/1 (4 day split.)

• Just don't miss workouts. 

2) Cut... it... out... .

• Track calories, stay under 14k calories a week. 

3) Mobility

• I'm tight and sore everywhere, I need to get better at it, every day I'm stretchin'. (mwod 7 days / week) 

Life Goal

1) Garden Face lift

• I want to turn my boring garden in the front of my house into a water feature. Before, during and after pics will be posted at some point. 

Measurements:

Weight:  184.6 lbs

Naval:    34.5"

Waist:      34"

Chest:   40.5"

Quad:    21"

Biceps   12.5"

Neck      14"

Navy:     21%**

BMI:       19.35%**

**Note: I feel like these are wrong but my measurements I took 3 times. 

Here goes nothing!

walks-out-o.gif

Dude you're back!

Beat this shit out of this challenge, yo. What flavour of 5/3/1 are you doing? I sorta built my own custom 5/3/1 blend last challenge and I really like it...

Hey Caution is back, awesome!!! 

Eerily similar to my challenge... That just means we can keep each other in check.  Good luck man!

No pressure, but we'll be watching.  

people-staring.gif

Thanks guys! I'll be updating my initial post with measurements. I'm sticking to BBB for this challenge. 

Moday:

MWOD:

• Couch Stretch

Squats

• 5 x 90
  • 5 x 115
  • 3 x 135
  • 5 x 145
  • 5 x 170
  • 5 x 180
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135

Today:

MWOD

• Shoulder dislocators 

Bench:

• 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 3 x 125
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 155
  • 5 x 175
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135
  • 10 x 135

You know what I like? Knowing how your motivation works, and knowing how what you THINK should work doesn't, even if you don't know for sure why. Or in the case of lifting you do know why. Once I stalled, I stopped doing specific weight gains on lifts because I never knew if it was realistic. And that's how I originally hurt my back, pushing a little too hard.

But, I think staying on plan is a good goal. I don't usually have an easy workout, so saying stick to a program or x workouts, has actually worked well for me.

Anyway, obviously you know this. Just trying to say I'm on the same page! Good luck!

Awesome! Another participating in the 5/3/1 program :D

Love this program!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!

tumblr_lnj2s28sf21qm00hqo1_500.gif

:)

You know what I like? Knowing how your motivation works, and knowing how what you THINK should work doesn't, even if you don't know for sure why. Or in the case of lifting you do know why. Once I stalled, I stopped doing specific weight gains on lifts because I never knew if it was realistic. And that's how I originally hurt my back, pushing a little too hard.

But, I think staying on plan is a good goal. I don't usually have an easy workout, so saying stick to a program or x workouts, has actually worked well for me.

Anyway, obviously you know this. Just trying to say I'm on the same page! Good luck!

Thanks! I'll be following your progress as well!

Today's workout

MWOD

• Ankle Mobility

Deadlifts

• 5 x 125
  • 5 x 160
  • 3 x 190
  • 5 x 235
  • 5 x 265
  • 10 x 190
  • 10 x 190
  • 10 x  190
  • 10 x 190
  • 10 x 190

Cardio

• Tabata sprints (f*** you)

Just realized I hadn't been posting my food stuffs, we'll fix that.

From MFP (Numbers seem off a bit )

Monday : 

• Cals: 1866 / Carbs: 100g / Fat:  53g / Protein: 175g

Tuesday:

• Cals: 1850 / Carbs: 110g / Fat:  60g / Protein: 165g

Wednesday

• Cals: 1920 / Carbs: 121g / Fat:  55g / Protein: 183g

If I can remember to take pictures I'll start posting some food pr0n.  So far nothing crazy, mostly grilled chicken, but last night I made homemade hot and sour soup. it was yum.

Just realized I hadn't been posting my food stuffs, we'll fix that.

From MFP (Numbers seem off a bit )

Monday : 

• Cals: 1866 / Carbs: 100g / Fat:  53g / Protein: 175g

Tuesday:

• Cals: 1850 / Carbs: 110g / Fat:  60g / Protein: 165g

Wednesday

• Cals: 1920 / Carbs: 121g / Fat:  55g / Protein: 183g

If I can remember to take pictures I'll start posting some food pr0n.  So far nothing crazy, mostly grilled chicken, but last night I made homemade hot and sour soup. it was yum.

And I will start following this thread much more closely if there is food pr0n!  Good luck on the challenge! Based on the number of gifs already in this thread I predict success... pretty sure there is a direct correlation between gifs and success at least...

Looks like BBB is treating you pretty well so far. I did 5/3/1 for a while before deciding it didn't get enough squats in for my level but I did like the high volume back-off sets. Or at least they seemed helpful. :)

Solid workout, and your nutrition seems to be spot on.  Good job on both accounts!  

How did the 5X10 DL's treat you?  I did mine this morning at 225, and after the third set I wasn't sure if doing two more sets of ten was a good idea even if I dropped the weight, I just felt like the tank was too close to empty and I wasn't sure if I could keep good form even at light weights.  (I did two sets of five instead)

Solid workout, and your nutrition seems to be spot on.  Good job on both accounts!  

How did the 5X10 DL's treat you?  I did mine this morning at 225, and after the third set I wasn't sure if doing two more sets of ten was a good idea even if I dropped the weight, I just felt like the tank was too close to empty and I wasn't sure if I could keep good form even at light weights.  (I did two sets of five instead)

When I did BBB, I did a reverse pyramid and dropped weight instead of doing 5x10 sets across. Started higher than 50% though, and I think even the bottom set was a tad higher than 50%, but dropping weight made the later sets feel more manageable. I think it ended up being 2x10 @65-70% 1x10 @60-65% 2x10 @50-55% or something like that.

When I did BBB, I did a reverse pyramid and dropped weight instead of doing 5x10 sets across. Started higher than 50% though, and I think even the bottom set was a tad higher than 50%, but dropping weight made the later sets feel more manageable. I think it ended up being 2x10 @65-70% 1x10 @60-65% 2x10 @50-55% or something like that.

I thought about that, but 1) I'm lazy when it comes to changing weights for DL's.  2) 65% for ten might be close to my 10RM, not sure, I'll try that next time though, it would definitely feel good lowering weight towards the end.  

And I will start following this thread much more closely if there is food pr0n!  Good luck on the challenge! Based on the number of gifs already in this thread I predict success... pretty sure there is a direct correlation between gifs and success at least...

Then it shall be done!

Looks like BBB is treating you pretty well so far. I did 5/3/1 for a while before deciding it didn't get enough squats in for my level but I did like the high volume back-off sets. Or at least they seemed helpful. :)

I do love BBB, it is boring but the results from the last time I did it makes it worth it. 

I thought about that, but 1) I'm lazy when it comes to changing weights for DL's.  2) 65% for ten might be close to my 10RM, not sure, I'll try that next time though, it would definitely feel good lowering weight towards the end.  

I'm also very lazy when it comes to changing weights! The 5x10's weren't to bad but mine were ~ 50% of my 1RM so I imagine that 60% would have been much tougher. 

I dunno I kinda like BBB - it's not boring to me. I really like the high volume back off sets. I feel like I get in a heavy workout + a volume workout. *shrug*

Liking your goals and your progress so far. 

*insert official Mir stamp of approval here*

Looks like you're pumped up with dedication with the workouts, food log, etc. Somebody told me recently "What gets measured, gets managed."  :redface-new:   Looks like you're starting well! 

I dunno I kinda like BBB - it's not boring to me. I really like the high volume back off sets. I feel like I get in a heavy workout + a volume workout. *shrug*

Liking your goals and your progress so far. 

*insert official Mir stamp of approval here*

I do like the volume for sure, BBB kinda gives you the best of both worlds. 

Looks like you're pumped up with dedication with the workouts, food log, etc. Somebody told me recently "What gets measured, gets managed."  :redface-new:   Looks like you're starting well! 

Thanks! I just hope the dedication sticks with me, especially with hockey playoffs starting soon.

Today's workout (Rest day)

MWOD

• Foam rolling

Cardio

• 30 minutes running @ 6 mph

Food:

• Cals - 1910 / Carbs: 106, Fat 40 / Protein: 195

Oh my God. Are you okay? 

Ha, I was just making up lame excuses. (And if you were being sarcastic, my sarcasm detector is broken from lack of whiskey) :P

Today:

Well today wasn't too bad, Fridays are always tough because I never know what tech support is going to throw back at the developers at 4:55 pm. Got every thing done, wrote some new programs to help IT, all is good.

Workout:

MWOD:

• wrist mobility / stretching

OHP

• 5 x 50
  • 5 x 65
  • 3 x 75
  • 5 x 95
  • 5 x 105
  • 10 x 75
  • 10 x 75
  • 10 x 75
  • 8 x 75
  • 5 x 75 (aredfsdfj!!!!!) wrist felt like it was going to snap. 

Cardio:

• Running 10 min @ 6.5 mph

Food

• Calories 1915 / Carbs 61g / Fat 83g / Protein 230g

Ha, I was just making up lame excuses. (And if you were being sarcastic, my sarcasm detector is broken from lack of whiskey) :tongue:

I was kidding, yes ;) Sorry! Sometimes it doesn't come off so great on the internet. It's totally charming in person though. You'll just have to take my word for that.

I was kidding, yes ;) Sorry! Sometimes it doesn't come off so great on the internet. It's totally charming in person though. You'll just have to take my word for that.

The internet is terrible for sarcasm. :tongue: so I'll take your word for it!

Noted your food anal very thorough. Do you use a particular app or program?

I use myfitnesspal.com to track my food, I also have the app on my phone, so I can just scan the barcode of items I'm purchasing to eat as well, works pretty well I must say.

Well, today is a lazy Saturday so far, laundry / dishes / general cleaning. Too cold to do anything outside, we'll probably head out shopping later to pick up my wife some jewelry as a birthday present. I plan on getting a run in later tonight, did get my mwod in though. Got my run and MWOD in, time to play some video games. 

MWOD

• Lacrosse ball rolling my back. 

Cardio:

• Running 33 minutes @ 6.5 mph

Yesterday's food

• Calories: 1849/ Carbs: 80g / Fat 66g / Protein 181g

Sunday Measurements, progress was had. (only increments of .5" are being counted right now)

Measurements:

Weight:  183.0  lbs  -1.6 lbs

Naval:    34" -.5"

Waist:      33.5" - .5"

Chest:   40.5"

Quad:    21"

Biceps   13" +.5"

Neck      14"

Weather is supposed to be pretty good here today, a little chilly but warm enough to do some yard work. Today's plan is to mow the grass, put down seed and start digging up the garden. Starting to marinate some pork loins in a cherry marinade and will cube up some sweet potatoes for dinner. Baked cubed sweet potatoes sprinkled with cayenne pepper, my favorite!