• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Caution

Caution: That weight isn't going to lift itself

Cigar night was fun as usual, had a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA . For cigars; Perdomo Tierra del Sol box-pressed toro  and an A. J. Fernandez Diesel Torpedo. Got home around 10:30 so I didn't get any lifts in last night, tonight probably isn't going to happen either, but we'll see. 

Food Yesterday: Calories 1757 / Carbs 170g / Fat 36g / Protein 180g

Those Diesel cigars are stout if my memory serves, I've only ever had one and that was about two years ago.  I'd take that Rogue and cigar combo any day of the week.  

Good job on the calories, hope you get some lifts in this evening.  

I am jealous of your protein intake.

I'm jealous he can track it that well.  I've tried and failed miserably.  

I am jealous of your protein intake.

Protein shakes is how I manage :).  

Those Diesel cigars are stout if my memory serves, I've only ever had one and that was about two years ago.  I'd take that Rogue and cigar combo any day of the week.  

Good job on the calories, hope you get some lifts in this evening.  

No lifting last night, meeting when pretty long and by the time I got home the wife was interested in watching the Wings game and wanted me to stay upstairs and support her team

I'm jealous he can track it that well.  I've tried and failed miserably.  

Helps when you eat pretty much the same thing every day. It sucked at first, but I got used to it. 

My wife is a huge Red Wings fan, and since last night was the first night of the playoffs, we ordered out. Pizza and wings, I skipped the pizza and just had a 1/2 dozen hot wings and some leftover salad we had. 

Food Yesterday: Calories 1878 / Carbs 92g / Fat 71g / Protein 150g

Today I have to cut the grass, lift, laundry and finally if there is some time left in the day, play a bit of Neverwinter. 

Yay NWN!!! Haven't played that in ages.

I had 145g (total estimate because I have no idea how much chicken I actually had for dinner) protein yesterday!

Yay NWN!!! Haven't played that in ages.

I had 145g (total estimate because I have no idea how much chicken I actually had for dinner) protein yesterday!

Nono, Neverwinter. The new F2P D&D MMO that just went to open beta last night: http://nw.perfectworld.com/ Although, NWN is a fun game for sure. Eat all the protein!

Nono, Neverwinter. The new F2P D&D MMO that just went to open beta last night: http://nw.perfectworld.com/ Although, NWN is a fun game for sure. Eat all the protein!

Huh... that looks surprisingly awesome.  I've always been let down by D&D games before though... looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

You did the impossible if you skipped pizza while eating wings!  I always say I'm going to, but I end up hearing that voice saying "one slice won't hurt you".  That's my voice by the way.  

I use protein shakes to keep my numbers up too, it's just too miserable eating chicken tenders every hour trying to hit 250g otherwise.  

Keep up the good work man!  

tumblr_lwhiuknKAw1qa1w1go1_500.gif

Oooh sounds like you're having some fun over here! I like it!

I find protein shakes helpful, but I honestly have trouble not going over my protein.  Granted, I'm not trying to eat 250 g (coughmaxcough) but still... I'm always surprised by it.

You did the impossible if you skipped pizza while eating wings!  I always say I'm going to, but I end up hearing that voice saying "one slice won't hurt you".  That's my voice by the way.  

I use protein shakes to keep my numbers up too, it's just too miserable eating chicken tenders every hour trying to hit 250g otherwise.  

lol - awesome animated gif =D

I find protein shakes helpful, but I honestly have trouble not going over my protein.  Granted, I'm not trying to eat 250 g (coughmaxcough) but still... I'm always surprised by it.

Ditto. If I have some protein at every meal but am not really trying to get in a good portion of protein, the lowest I tend to is around 90-100g which is about a gram per lean body mass, so at the low end of what I want but enough, and that's without a protein shake.

Huh... that looks surprisingly awesome.  I've always been let down by D&D games before though... looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Same, but this has been pretty fun so far and seems to keep to the rules as best as a live action game can be I suppose. I've only played maybe 2 hours worth of game time though. 

ERMAHGERD THAT LOOKS AMAZING.

wish i was into MMOs....

Well, I've only played maybe 2 hours but I didn't do any grouping so far. It is free so you could always try it :)

I love Talledega Nights! Oh trust me, that pizza was calling my name, I swear I was getting cold sweats avoiding it. 

Much fun has been had! 

lol - awesome animated gif =D

I too love that gif!

Ditto. If I have some protein at every meal but am not really trying to get in a good portion of protein, the lowest I tend to is around 90-100g which is about a gram per lean body mass, so at the low end of what I want but enough, and that's without a protein shake.

I generally end up somewhere around 120g by the end of the day, so 1-2 scoops will get me to the range I want of 150-180g.

Looks like you're doing really great! I see we both enjoy steak. ;)

Steak is my happy place :)

Yesterday

Got the lawn mowed yesterday, did DLs, laundry and an hour of gaming. Pretty good day.

Dinner was Grown up Mac and cheese: 2 cups of baked butternut squash, 1lb chicken sausage, 1/2 box of whole wheat macaroni, 1 cup blue cheese crumbles, 1 juiced lemon, 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, salt and pepper. (Edit: I took a picture, but it was super blurry and you couldn't tell what you were looking at)

Food: Calories 1915 / Carbs 129g / Fat 41g / Protein 165g

Workout

Deadlift

• 5 x 135
  • 5 x 160
  • 3 x 190
  • 5 x 235
  • 3 x 265
  • 1 x 295

My wrists and back weren't feeling the 5x10s so I skipped them. 

Today

Lodge tonight, and we are putting on a degree so I don't plan on getting home until a little after 11. 

Yay deadlift day! It's my favorite.

That mac n cheese sounds good. I wonder if I could figure out a way to make it without pasta. which I know kind of defeats the purpose of MAC n cheese.

I'm still trying to sell myself on the 5X10 DLs, that just seems like a lot of volume for a workout that volume is usually frowned upon.  

You had me going with that mac and cheese until I saw the blue cheese, and I was all...

1320397225_No_thanks_gag.jpg

Judging by everyone elses posts, I made some enemies with that statement haha!  

Actually that's my voice. I'm great at doing impressions.

I'm still trying to sell myself on the 5X10 DLs, that just seems like a lot of volume for a workout that volume is usually frowned upon.  

You had me going with that mac and cheese until I saw the blue cheese, and I was all...

Except we just became better friends.

I don't like Mac and Cheese to begin with. I literally cannot swallow it. Seriously. It's a gag reflex thing. My body does not want. And blue cheese made it disgusting to the ∞th degree.

I totally think you should do 5x10s for dead lifts. I've done a couple sets that have gone to 10+ and let me tell you...

Yay deadlift day! It's my favorite.

That mac n cheese sounds good. I wonder if I could figure out a way to make it without pasta. which I know kind of defeats the purpose of MAC n cheese.

You could probably make zucchini noodles that are 1/4" x 1" pieces  and substitute those. 

that mac and cheese sounds goooooood.

It was!

Sounds like pretty darn good Mac and Cheese my man.  I'd eat that for sure.  

I need to double the recipe I think so that I can have some for leftovers. 

Hahaha, my mom had the same reaction, the first time  I told her the recipe. 

Actually that's my voice. I'm great at doing impressions.

Except we just became better friends.

I don't like Mac and Cheese to begin with. I literally cannot swallow it. Seriously. It's a gag reflex thing. My body does not want. And blue cheese made it disgusting to the ∞th degree.

I totally think you should do 5x10s for dead lifts. I've done a couple sets that have gone to 10+ and let me tell you...

I've done the 5x10's quite a few times, just my wrists weren't feeling the love. :/

So got home at 11:15 last night, no time for lifting. I will get it in today though. Dinner was a turkey wrap that they had at lodge.

Food: Calories 1729 / Carbs 130g, Fat 41g / Protein 199g

Sorry, kinda late to the game here.

Good call on the mobility work.  If you don't already have one, get a rumble roller.  They're expensive (and painful) but worth it.  Also be sure to stick with the mobility - if you're really crunch it might actually take 2-3 months for you to start noticing a difference.

Also - congrats on the raise!

Love the bear graphic... LOL!  Sounds like you've been pretty consistent on your eating and working out.  How's that stack up with your challenge goals?  Any mid-challenge report in the works?