• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Caution

Caution: That weight isn't going to lift itself

Awesome work on your lifts my friend!!

Thanks!

Nice job with the PRs!  You're a beast!  :nevreness:

Hope your NY weather is nicer this weekend for your car/garden weekend than it sounds like it has been.  We've got sunny and 75 here in Ohio - this should be to NY by tomorrow.  Good luck!

It is gorgeous today, looks like I'll be heading out to do some gardening now. 

Nice job! Isn't it amazing how much heavier 5lbs can make something?

It is, two tiny little plates seem so small when you put them on the bar but make a world of difference when you get under it. 

Quick weened update

Got a bunch of stuff done around the house, tune up of the car completed, grilled some chickenz, mowed the lawn, ran a few miles got my OHP lifts done. While I was doing some pre-mow yard cleanup (i.e. return the neighbor's dog toys) I found that I react the same way whether being chased by a rabid grizzly bear or a bee... I am not a tough guy. 

Todo: Work in the garden, laundry, dinner.

Quick weened update

Got a bunch of stuff done around the house, tune up of the car completed, grilled some chickenz, mowed the lawn, ran a few miles got my OHP lifts done. While I was doing some pre-mow yard cleanup (i.e. return the neighbor's dog toys) I found that I react the same way whether being chased by a rabid grizzly bear or a bee... I am not a tough guy. 

Todo: Work in the garden, laundry, dinner.

I've been stung by various stinging insects so many times that if I'm in an area where I might stir up some wasps or bees, I run like a little girl flailing my arms as soon as anything touches me

I'd like to know...how many times have you been chased by a rabid grizzly bear, that you are able to make this comparison?

And is running from a grizzly bear the correct call? I know playing dead isn't a good idea for all bears but I forget which ones you're supposed to run from instead.

If bees are stirred up enough to be in a stinging mood, running is always the correct call though; they don't calm down just because you're not freaking out.

And is running from a grizzly bear the correct call? I know playing dead isn't a good idea for all bears but I forget which ones you're supposed to run from instead.

If bees are stirred up enough to be in a stinging mood, running is always the correct call though; they don't calm down just because you're not freaking out.

It's the correct call as long as you can outrun the Grizzly bear.  And you know since Grizzly bears have a top speed of around 35 MPH, should be pretty easy for most of us NF folks.  We can all run around 40 MPH right?  Right?  

I've heard that the proper way to find out what kind of bear is chasing you is to climb a tree. If it climbs up the tree and kills you, it's a black bear. If it knocks down the tree and kills you, then it's a grizzly.

I've been stung by various stinging insects so many times that if I'm in an area where I might stir up some wasps or bees, I run like a little girl flailing my arms as soon as anything touches me

Yeah, sometimes I feel things that aren't even touching me yet. 

I'd like to know...how many times have you been chased by a rabid grizzly bear, that you are able to make this comparison?

I hunt in the UP, I've seen some things man... :P

I'm pretty sure that if I really was chased by a bear I wouldn't be thinking clearly enough to do anything logical :)

It's the correct call as long as you can outrun the Grizzly bear.  And you know since Grizzly bears have a top speed of around 35 MPH, should be pretty easy for most of us NF folks.  We can all run around 40 MPH right?  Right?  

I only have to run faster than those that are with me ;)

I've heard that the proper way to find out what kind of bear is chasing you is to climb a tree. If it climbs up the tree and kills you, it's a black bear. If it knocks down the tree and kills you, then it's a grizzly.

Those aren't very good options.

Bear starts causing shit, punch bear in the face.  Problem solved.  

MP is all that is man!

Talk about a cardio workout!!

Bear starts causing shit, punch bear in the face.  Problem solved.  

BearPunch.jpg

Yesterday: 

Squatin', Cleanin', and Gamin'.  Pretty average day, got some of the summer clothes out of storage washed them and put them away, vacuumed,  etc... Got my squats done, didn't feel like running after so I reheated some chicken and sat down and played a few hours of Skyrim.

Food:  Calories 1898 / Carbs 106g / Fat 72g / Protein 200g

Todo: More laundry, Bench, Dinner and prepare for the return of the Mrs. tomorrow. 

Yesterday: 

Squatin', Cleanin', and Gamin'.  Pretty average day, got some of the summer clothes out of storage washed them and put them away, vacuumed,  etc... Got my squats done, didn't feel like running after so I reheated some chicken and sat down and played a few hours of Skyrim.

Food:  Calories 1898 / Carbs 106g / Fat 72g / Protein 200g

Todo: More laundry, Bench, Dinner and prepare for the return of the Mrs. tomorrow. 

This is far superior to actually going out for a run.... and I like running.

Re: bees, bears and just having to be faster than the slowest person. Totally untrue. You also need a little strengthliness.. Pushing a person towards teh bee/bear/spacebug gives you a further advantage. The bee/bear/spacebug wouldn't have even started running yet...

This is far superior to actually going out for a run.... and I like running.

Re: bees, bears and just having to be faster than the slowest person. Totally untrue. You also need a little strengthliness.. Pushing a person towards teh bee/bear/spacebug gives you a further advantage. The bee/bear/spacebug wouldn't have even started running yet...

I'd feel much guiltier than just out sprinting them :P. Also I've most certainly got my money's worth out of Skyrim. I own the PC version, so every time I get bored, I find a new mod (mostly castles) and horde like crazy until the new home is full of stuff. 

Yesterday

Git lifting done, laundry, general cleaning. 

Food: Calories 1806 / Carbs 164g / Fat 62g / Protein 164g

Today

Lifting done, watched Defiance, cooked dinner (pic to follow), no yard work, it rained again. The Mrs. flight was delayed so she won't be home tonight. 

Food: Calories 1846 / Carbs 63g / Fat 83g / Protein 178g

TODO: Start packing for the holiday weekend. Heading down to the Poconos to meet with the family and play some golf. 

Dinner! (Steak and eggs with broccoli and Sriracha ) 

zDWfbGC.png

Ditto on the delicious!

And with you on Skyrim - good fun. Was playing much more a couple months ago when I first ran across this crazy nerd website about fitness.  Any guesses what kind of character I happened to be playing most at the time?   :nevreness:   But haven't plugged any castle mods in yet.  Have to check some out.  Must admit that for all its flaws I still loved Morrowwind the most by far.  I played that game to death....

Your dinner was looking at me.

I have the Xbox version of Skyrim. I tried playing PC version, but I really like the way it operates with a controller over how it operates via mouse and keyboard. I mean, if I didn't have to go out and buy things to hook up my xbox controller to my computer, I'd totally play on the PC too. I don't spend enough time playing video games anymore to merit that. I definitely have an old computer controller lying around somewhere from when I did used to PC game a lot. I'm not entirely sure where it's packed away though, and I'm not entirely sure it still works...

What are your thoughts on Defiance?  I'm enjoying it, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet.  

I got my money's worth out of Skyrim too, and I bought a new Xbox because my original one blew up a month after I bought Skyrim, and that was not enough Skyrim time!  I've been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 here lately, it's keeping me thoroughly entertained.  

That food looks great, I may have to make that for supper soon.  

So I won't have a chance to update my measurements until next Tuesday, might as well do them now. 

Final challenge measurements

Measurements:

Weight:  176.5 lbs (8.1 lbs)

Naval:     34" (-.5")

Waist:     34" 

Chest:    41" (+.5")

Quad:     21"

Biceps    13" (+.5")

Neck       14"

Navy:     19% (-2%)

BMI:       18.25% (-1.1%)

I'll get the wrap up and challenge stuff done next week. 

Challenge wrap up

1) 5/3/1 (4 day split.)

• Just don't miss workouts. 
  • I only missed 2 days of lifts. 22/24 = .916 = A

2) Cut... it... out... .

• Track calories, stay under 14k calories a week. 
  • I hit a few snags and a couple weekends where I over indulged. I'd say a B

3) Mobility

• I'm tight and sore everywhere, I need to get better at it, every day I'm stretchin'. (mwod 7 days / week) 
  • I was really good at this, although I half assed a few. A.

1) Garden Face lift

• I want to turn my boring garden in the front of my house into a water feature. Before, during and after pics will be posted at some point. 
  • Weather, life, financing didn't cooperate this time around. F

Not a bad comeback challenge, life goal was pretty bleh though. I don't think the water garden will happen this year I started the prep work and I estimated the cost to be around 600-700 dollars,saved up the money for the materials but now that I have it I'd rather use the money I've saved to buy a Motorcycle instead. The wife doesn't care about the garden and my life priorities have swapped from curb appeal to riding around looking menacing. See you all next challenge. 

Not a bad comeback challenge, life goal was pretty bleh though. I don't think the water garden will happen this year I started the prep work and I estimated the cost to be around 600-700 dollars,saved up the money for the materials but now that I have it I'd rather use the money I've saved to buy a Motorcycle instead. The wife doesn't care about the garden and my life priorities have swapped from curb appeal to riding around looking menacing. See you all next challenge. 

Sounds like the beard is coming back to me.   

Good job on the challenge man.  You did a good job on all of it, even if the outdoor work didn't get accomplished.  There is only so much you can do the way the weather has been acting lately.  

Keep it up, and see you on the next go round! 

You people and your ability to grow beards.  All I get is this goatee.  The chops just don't grow in.  Ahh well...

Nicely done on the challenge Caution.  

Sounds like the beard is coming back to me.   

Good job on the challenge man.  You did a good job on all of it, even if the outdoor work didn't get accomplished.  There is only so much you can do the way the weather has been acting lately.  

Keep it up, and see you on the next go round! 

Thanks MP! I'm contemplating the beard, oh yes. 

You people and your ability to grow beards.  All I get is this goatee.  The chops just don't grow in.  Ahh well...

Nicely done on the challenge Caution.  

Thanks! 

riker-beard-star-trek.gif

Seriously though, my biggest hurdle to growing a beard is that I love spending an hour or two getting a straight razor shave on Sunday morning, it is one of life's greatest pleasures. 

Excellent challenge! And if you started with a garden goal, saved the money and the weather made the goal morph into a motorcycle, AND your wife doesn't care? I'd say that's an A+! I think that's the good part about saving the money - ou realize what you really want. No regrets! Enjoy riding around looking menacing!