• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Caution

Caution: That weight isn't going to lift itself

Sorry, kinda late to the game here.

Good call on the mobility work.  If you don't already have one, get a rumble roller.  They're expensive (and painful) but worth it.  Also be sure to stick with the mobility - if you're really crunch it might actually take 2-3 months for you to start noticing a difference.

Also - congrats on the raise!

Thanks! I use a section of PVC pipe for rolling right now, I may get a rumble roller in the future. 

Love the bear graphic... LOL!  Sounds like you've been pretty consistent on your eating and working out.  How's that stack up with your challenge goals?  Any mid-challenge report in the works?

It's been pretty good, I'll do a write up later (probably today) when I have more time.

Weekend

wasn't too bad, got in my lifts, shampooed the carpets, mowed the lawn, washed and waxed the car then did some general cleaning. I didn't get into the garden much though. I went to a Motorcycle dealer on Saturday to start my research into what bike I'm planning on getting, saw a few nice ones but I'm not committing to anything yet but the itch has definitely hit me. Dinner Saturday was chicken and broccoli, Sunday was a man salad with balsamic dressing. 

I forgot to log Saturday and Sunday's calories, I'll get around to that later and add that to my mid challenge write up. 

Thanks! I use a section of PVC pipe for rolling right now, I may get a rumble roller in the future. 

It's been pretty good, I'll do a write up later (probably today) when I have more time.

Weekend

wasn't too bad, got in my lifts, shampooed the carpets, mowed the lawn, washed and waxed the car then did some general cleaning. I didn't get into the garden much though. I went to a Motorcycle dealer on Saturday to start my research into what bike I'm planning on getting, saw a few nice ones but I'm not committing to anything yet but the itch has definitely hit me. Dinner Saturday was chicken and broccoli, Saturday was a man salad with balsamic dressing. 

I forgot to log Saturday and Sunday's calories, I'll get around to that later and add that to my mid challenge write up. 

I bought a cheap rolling pin for some quick hits on my legs, it works pretty well on everything by the hamstrings, I haven't quite figured out how to deal with them on it.  I can use it when I'm on the road and the foam roller isn't an option.  

Looks like you accomplished a lot this weekned, good job!  I started to get a motorcycle itch last year, I had gone with my boss to look at new four wheelers, and I wandered over to the bike section and got way too excited ha!  Hope the hunt goes well, keep us updated!  

I bought a cheap rolling pin for some quick hits on my legs, it works pretty well on everything by the hamstrings, I haven't quite figured out how to deal with them on it.  I can use it when I'm on the road and the foam roller isn't an option.  

Looks like you accomplished a lot this weekned, good job!  I started to get a motorcycle itch last year, I had gone with my boss to look at new four wheelers, and I wandered over to the bike section and got way too excited ha!  Hope the hunt goes well, keep us updated!  

I've had a similar issue with really accessing the hamstring tissue; the solution I've worked up is to put a lacrosse ball on a slightly raised mid-sized platform (like the back of an abmat, a few inches shorter than your femur and a few inches high), and then jam the lacrosse ball into the hammies.

Also, plus a million to scotticus' suggestion of the rumble roller.

It was a pretty decent weekend, I do have a rolling pin that I use when I don't feel like laying on the ground but I normally use a lacrosse ball. I'm trying to decide on how much I can afford and how to pitch that to my better half. 

I've had a similar issue with really accessing the hamstring tissue; the solution I've worked up is to put a lacrosse ball on a slightly raised mid-sized platform (like the back of an abmat, a few inches shorter than your femur and a few inches high), and then jam the lacrosse ball into the hammies.

Also, plus a million to scotticus' suggestion of the rumble roller.

I tend to use a lacrosse ball and an office chair, seems to work pretty well. I def get a rumble roller once of these days but right now, I'm trying to save all the money!

The great bike hunt begins!  What are you leaning toward?

A cruiser for sure, probably something in the 1100-1400cc range. I'd love a Harley but I doubt I can afford one, and there isn't anything wrong with Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha. I just haven't fallen in love with any bike that I've sat on yet. 

So this week has been pretty packed. I've been staying away from the computer a bit more so I can get some more work done. My wife is leaving for a 2 week cruise today, so I spent most of the week helping her pack and organize. This is deload week so I've gotten most of my light workouts in, but I'm heading out of town for mothers day this weekend, hopefully I can get a better showing next week.

Re: rumble roller, I got the smaller size. Granted, Mir is a dwarf, but it seems to be working out ok for me. I also do the lacrosse-ball-to-the-hammies in my chair thing. Good times.

WHY AREN'T YOU GOING ON A CRUISE???

The wife and I also have the small one (rumble roller).  I don't see any reason for the big one.  It works just fine.  Might have to only do one leg at a time, but it just grinds more that way.

Re: rumble roller, I got the smaller size. Granted, Mir is a dwarf, but it seems to be working out ok for me. I also do the lacrosse-ball-to-the-hammies in my chair thing. Good times.

WHY AREN'T YOU GOING ON A CRUISE???

It is a mom/daughter cruise :). It's ok though, I'm sucking up to her big time right now, a motorcycle isn't the cheapest thing on this planet. 

The wife and I also have the small one (rumble roller).  I don't see any reason for the big one.  It works just fine.  Might have to only do one leg at a time, but it just grinds more that way.

The lacrosse ball causes plenty of pain and it is pretty small so I can imagine the small rumble roller would probably hurt just as much.

Crazy Friday for sure, work is super busy and tons of client stuff, almost done though. Plans left for today, laundry, lifts, pack and watch Monday's Defiance episode. 

Yesterday's food: Calores 1690 / Carbs 111g / Fat 42g / Protein 175g

Damn - talk about low calories. Ehehe :)

Seriously.

I have never understood how people eat less than 2500 calories a day and are still able to move, let alone dead lift.

Looks like you're staying well on track with your eating!  Way to go!  Your protein's still amazingly high, too.  How are you doing on your workout and garden goals?  Are they on track?

Seriously.

I have never understood how people eat less than 2500 calories a day and are still able to move, let alone dead lift.

Generally I don't have a problem, there are some days that I feel it though.  

Looks like you're staying well on track with your eating!  Way to go!  Your protein's still amazingly high, too.  How are you doing on your workout and garden goals?  Are they on track?

Workout goals are doing well, gardening not so much. It's pretty much rained or too cold for the past two weeks. 

Perhaps it's that high protein that's giving him the energy to fuel the run :D

Yeah, generally just eating chicken breasts keeps me pretty dang full. 

Weekend Summary:

Drove across the state to my parents house and partied like it was 1999. I'm not going to bother logging anything for the weekend but I only see my parents a few times a year and they wanted to let lose, so we drank and stuffed our faces. I made a ton of food for Mother's day. German potato salad, sauerkraut, kielbasa, steaks, salmon, onion rings, grilled asparagus and spicy sweet potato bites.  Calories were somewhere between 3-4k on both days. 

Today's plans: Mow the lawn (if it doesn't rain), lift, laundry, cook. 

omnomnomnom. Eat ALL the food!

Sounds like a great weekend!

+1 :nevreness:

It was a pretty good weekend for sure.

Somewhat productive week so far, laundry, cooking, lifting, motorcycle browsing. Didn't feel like mowing in 30 degree weather on Monday and yesterday it rained right before I got home, so I'll try to get some yard work done today.  Still need to break down several boxes inside.  Hopefully I'll get to my garden this weekend but I do need to do a full maintenance on my car: Change the oil, seafoam the intake, do a full cleaning of the injectors, replace plugs, air filter etc.. I told myself I would at 80k miles and it is now 82k miles. 

Food :

Monday: Calories 1880/ Carbs 172g / Fat 82g / Protein 164g

Tuesday: Calores 1868 / Carbs 171g / Fat 62g/ Protein 203g

Maybe I missed it, but have you ridden before?  Did you take a class or anything?  I've always wondered about taking a motorcycle safety course, just to have another skill under my belt so to speak.  Is it worth it?

Also, I'm excited just hearing about doing car maintenance.  I'm odd like that though.  Nothing beats heading out to the garage on a Saturday morning and wrenching for a few hours to hear that engine purr like a kitten when done.  Good stuff.

Maybe I missed it, but have you ridden before?  Did you take a class or anything?  I've always wondered about taking a motorcycle safety course, just to have another skill under my belt so to speak.  Is it worth it?

Also, I'm excited just hearing about doing car maintenance.  I'm odd like that though.  Nothing beats heading out to the garage on a Saturday morning and wrenching for a few hours to hear that engine purr like a kitten when done.  Good stuff.

It has been about 10 years but yes, I've ridden before. Back then I took the MSF course, well worth the money. Here in NY it is 275 bucks for 2 days, you learn a ton of stuff and after the completion of the course, you bring your certificate and your permit to the DMV and they give you your license (no road test needed). 

I'm a huge car nerd, I've rebuilt several engines but I've been so busy that I haven't felt like working on my own car recently. 

So I got home, and it was raining again... fun... I had been keeping the weights light all week and felt really good so I decided last night was the night for SSS. 

Squats

• 235lbs (106.57 ) -Hit
  • 255 lbs (115.64 kg) - Hit
  • 260 lbs (117.91 kg) - Hit (PR)

Deadlift

• 325 lbs (147.39 kg) - Hit
  • 345 lbs (156.46 kg) - Hit
  • 365 lbs (165.53 kg) - Miss

Bench

• 205 lbs (92.97 kg) - Hit
  • 225 lbs (102.04 kg) - Hit
  • 230 lbs (104.31 kg) -Hit (PR)

Super excited for those numbers. On squats 255 felt pretty good, 260 felt like I had a mac truck on my back. With deadlifts I had planned to only pull 355 but after pulling 345 so easily I thought that I could hit 365 but on the way up I lost my grip, probably shouldn't have tried hook grip for weight I hadn't pulled before. I probably could have hit 235 on bench but I didn't want to risk a 10 lb jump with no spotter. Good stuff!

Very nice lifts sir.  For your deadlift, were you using switch grip?  Or just regular thumb over the top grip?  

So I got home, and it was raining again... fun... I had been keeping the weights light all week and felt really good so I decided last night was the night for SSS. 

Squats

• 235lbs (106.57 ) -Hit
  • 255 lbs (115.64 kg) - Hit
  • 260 lbs (117.91 kg) - Hit (PR)

Deadlift

• 325 lbs (147.39 kg) - Hit
  • 345 lbs (156.46 kg) - Hit
  • 365 lbs (165.53 kg) - Miss

Bench

• 205 lbs (92.97 kg) - Hit
  • 225 lbs (102.04 kg) - Hit
  • 230 lbs (104.31 kg) -Hit (PR)

Super excited for those numbers. On squats 255 felt pretty good, 260 felt like I had a mac truck on my back. With deadlifts I had planned to only pull 355 but after pulling 345 so easily I thought that I could hit 365 but on the way up I lost my grip, probably shouldn't have tried hook grip for weight I hadn't pulled before. I probably could have hit 235 on bench but I didn't want to risk a 10 lb jump with no spotter. Good stuff!

Nice work on the PRs!

Very nice lifts sir.  For your deadlift, were you using switch grip?  Or just regular thumb over the top grip?  

The tearing my thumb off grip :P 

hookgrip.jpg

Nice!!! Love it. You're a beast!

Nice work on the PRs!

Thanks!

So, now that I've had a chance to put my food numbers in:

Food: Calories 1982 / Carbs 246 / Fat 62 g / Protein 144 g

I ate a bit more than normal so I would have some energy for the SSS. I packed down 2 cups of rice with some butter and hot sauce, with a chicken Sante Fe wrap for lunch and had a can of coke 20 minutes before the lifts.

Today: I have a busy night, probably going to be bad on the macros. Lodge officer election night which means I'll be eating whatever is provided since I have to jet over there from right work and won't get home until around 11 p.m. I'll probably have a few beers with dinner too.

Nice job with the PRs!  You're a beast!  :nevreness:

Hope your NY weather is nicer this weekend for your car/garden weekend than it sounds like it has been.  We've got sunny and 75 here in Ohio - this should be to NY by tomorrow.  Good luck!