Hi all!

My name is Chris and I wanted to utilize this board a lot more. I tried it once before and introduced myself and my story.

Last year 2012 was a tough year for me, I lost my job, lost my girlfriend, left college, and my sister tried to take her life.

All in all it was a really tough year for me and my family. 

Thankfully I had exercise to carry me through. I recently found a job, joined a gym, and I am trying to get back into school. I am turning thirty in two weeks and feel kind of down I am not where I should be in life.

Should I just keep strength training and getting stronger and try to push through? Should I balance going back to college while working an okay full-time job? It is important for me to make it far in life for my sister. Any tips would be appreciated! 

Thank you all and I hope I can become a more active member on here. 

Hi!

First of all let me say that "light shine brightest when things seem darkest" I don't know who said that but I've always liked it. I'm sorry that your sister tried to take her life, I hope she is doing better.

As far as the strength training, ask your self if you could continue on without it? Would you consider another form of exercise or stop altogether?

An o.k. full-time job along with college, that sounds tough. But if you can push through I bet you can do it! Heck I'll be here to cheer you on if you do!

I am friends with some very supportive people, without them I would have given up a long time ago.

I will be praying for you and your sister.

Lostone thank you for the reply.

As far as the strength training goes I don't think I could go without it. It is a form of release for me that helps me get through tough times. I do like running as well, so that helps from time to time. Lifting weights is what I really enjoy though.

Doing both the school thing and work will be a tough endeavor but I think I can do it. I have been through far worse. Hopefully time and prayer will push me through. 

My friends have been a huge help so far but sometimes my phone doesn't ring for days and I feel truly alone. I wonder if this happens to others as well? It was really bad after my recent break up with a girl I loved very much.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!

Hey there.

I'm super sorry to hear about all the darkness that was surrounding you the past year. You just feel like you've hit rock bottom and that rock is crushing you. Thankfully, not only is your sister still here but so are you and that's what matters most.

When it comes to exercise, I know you'll keep with it and as far as strength training is concerned, if you enjoy it, do it. And do the shit out of it. And do it well. I'm all for happiness (no matter how much depression I can have) so long as you're not hurting others and hopefully not yourself. So go for it! Especially since you said it's something you really enjoy, maybe make a small goal to do like a lifting challenge by the end of the year or this time next year. You'll have something to work towards and keep you on a good path.

I personally worked and went to school full time and though tough, I got through. It's not everyone's cup of tea though. If you're confident, try it for a semester or two but don't be afraid to cut back on something if your workload if it becomes to heavy. No use trying to lift a weight you can't get off the ground.

As far as random depression and feeling alone, happens to me all the time. ALL THE TIME. Something I do, which may not work for you, is read different news articles about different people going through strife or struggles and how they overcame them. Or remember how some people will sadly leave this earth so young and never had a chance to experience some of the things I have and never will. Albeit, that can be depressing within itself, it reminds me my life isn't so bad and it could always be worse. I'm blessed to wake up every morning with sound mind, judgement, and use of my limbs. I have family and friends and a SO that love me. I have a job that pays well and I enjoy for the most part. A lot of people can't say that. So I try to tell my depression to shut up and shove the feeling of lonesomeness elsewhere, even if I go home alone every night. I know, good, bad, or ugly, there is ALWAYS somewhere there, even if it's a stranger, or a rebellion of strangers like here on Nerd Fitness = )

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog