Mini Challenge: Lions and Tigers and... Trolls - Oh My! (Wk6 Posted)

18ck

Any help for this?

big toe broke in crash, plank sore.

Lopsided plank man!

That sounds very sore

Supine planks are less lopsided

Ask YouTube, it knows.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Any help for this? big toe broke in crash, plank sore. Lopsided plank man! Sent from my Android mistakes in text may appear, fat rain drops on head.

The "superman" hold is for core work and does not require toes.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

and you can superman or supergirl or supermonkey or superelf or superent

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Any help for this? big toe broke in crash, plank sore. Lopsided plank man! Sent from my Android mistakes in text may appear, fat rain drops on head.

side planks or hanging leg raises

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

side planks or hanging leg raises

And don't forget plank's snarky brother : hollow body hold

google may help better, but here's the rundown...

lay on the ground face up

make a banana shape with your body

keep your arms and legs straight

keep your lower back in contact with the ground (important)

lower your arms/legs as far as you can without your lower back coming off the ground

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Planks are brutal enough as it is at this stage in my fitness journey...I can't even fathom trying to attempt another variation! That doesn't mean I'm not YouTubing how to do these other ones being mentioned, filing it away for future reference, though...

Paladin

Level 1 Dwarven Scout

2 STR  |  3 DEX  |  3 STA  |  2 CON  |  3 WIS  |  2 CHA

Battle Log  |  Current Challenge: Paladin's Return to the Road

"Fat doesn't get sore, muscle does." Doctor Wes Nyberg

I can hear the sound of running water up ahead, scouts. Keep going - we're nearly there!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Yeah we can do it... 

but am I the only one worried that something like giant spiders is going to attack us? (I hope that didn't jinx us)

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

...am I the only one worried that something like giant spiders is going to attack us?

Don't worry, that's just WickePixie doing spidey planks!

Don't worry, that's just WickePixie doing spidey planks!

Whoops sorry about that; great form by the way WickedPixie 

*tries to hide shoe*

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

I have been doing an ab circuit I picked up from a friend that was inspired by some of the workouts in insanity. Its a variety of ab exercises each for 30 secs, and you do 10 exercises in a ciruit. Probably some of the hardest 5 mins of my day. I haven't worked abs in a while and its probably a good thing to start again. 

Sora

Hylian Scout Lv.6, Hero of Rivertown
STR: 6 l DEX: 8 l STA: 9 l CON: 9 l WIS: 10 l CHA: 8

"You are what you repeatedly do" -Aristotle 

Most Recent:Challenge #7 "VII - Sora Returns"

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

While crawling through the caves Phylanx found a shortcut...

At least he thought he did. The way was all but blocked but he decided to go ahead anyway. In the process he almost got stuck trying to squeeze under a big pile of loose rock but he managed to finally pull free.

Now he takes a nap in the cave to regain some energy.

Hmm ...tried to upload the vid I took but it's not working. Ah well, 3 more dragon flag sit ups for me.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Hmm ...tried to upload the vid I took but it's not working. Ah well, 3 more dragon flag sit ups for me.

That's a shame; I would've liked to see that. I find the youtube route is usually best - did you try that?

*jaw drops for second time*

Ok - I was just going to comment on how much awesome sauce this challenge has on it, then saw the Dragon Flag sit-ups and now I am slinking back towards my wooded glade.  Hope no one noticed, because there's no way I can outrun you guys.

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Week 2 Challenge: Crossing the River

51746063c5cfb_4277885_m.jpg

You emerge blinking from the darkness, to see dawn breaking across the hills. After the dank air in the passage the taste of the open air makes you feel light-headed. You are on a ledge above a powerful flowing river.

"This would be a lot easier", a hobbit scout says, gazing wistfully into the swirling torrent, "if I had my canoe". 

Only a strong swimmer can cross. Luckily your number includes a few. For those who - like cats - prefer balancing to swimming, you can see a few feet below the ledge a tall thin tree has fallen across the stream and you can probably walk across it to safety if your nerve holds. Finally, if you have strong legs, you may choose to climb down to ground level and leap across from boulder to boulder. It's going to be a challenge, but we have to cross the river if we are to succeed.

To survive crossing the river you need to decide how you want to proceed. Ideally, it should be something outside of your normal weekly routine.

Swimming
Boulder Leaping = Broad jumps 
Balancing = any exercise involving balance - walking along walls, slacklining, yoga poses such as the tree pose, general balance exercise

Make a plan to fit one of these into the week. If you can do more than one, cool - it would be great if you could make an extra trip to help carry supplies across. Enter your plan on the spreadsheet and report back when you get to the other side!

Can I use rowing to help carry supplies? My gym has an indoor rowing machine that I have been neglecting lately.

Hm, well I'm not sure how it fits with the story in week 1 - "although the passage was very narrow and we all had to crawl on hands and knees Phylanx somehow managed to bring a boat with him", but if you can come up with a convincing narrative I'll let you off!

Go Phlanyx!  Thanks for posting your video.  Always inspiring to see someone succeeding at their goals.

Not the best swimmer, tempted to jump from boulder to boulder, but my lack of balance is calling for me to work on it this week, so the fallen tree will be my passage. I rarely do yoga, b/c I am horrible at it.  I will complete yoga workouts on 2 of the 3 days that I am not interval training.  I will make sure to try tree pose in both workouts. 

With that said, I would like to try a different yoga dvd.  Currently have Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, which does not focus as much on holding a pose.  Would like to try a more classic yoga dvd.  Any suggestions?

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines