Mini Challenge: Lions and Tigers and... Trolls - Oh My! (Wk6 Posted)

18ck

Use for little weight?

Here my home made balance board!

Best? 2 seconds lol!

Idea worth pinching

Balance is cheap and easy

haiku funny too

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

@18ck . . . thanks! Heh, given that I missed much of last week due to emotional stuff, it only makes sense that I get more balance in my life! I think I'll carefully cross the river on a very thin, shaky fallen tree, which can only be done if I'm very, very good at balancing on one foot. So, some tree-pose practice should be just about right!

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

my broad jump video is too embarrassing for this forum, but Pixie can attest to my super skills jumping rock to rock :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

my broad jump video is too embarrassing for this forum, but Pixie can attest to my super skills jumping rock to rock :)

Haha I know what you mean! I was just thinking yesterday at the gym how crazy I probably look jumping back and forth! I'm determined to make it across these fowl rocks though!

Level 2 Moon Elf Scout,

(STR)-7, (DEX)-2, (STA)-13, (WIS)-2, (CHA)-3

"The first wealth is health."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anwyls Master Challenge of Fire! My Twitter!

post-13363-0-60105400-1366833321_thumb.j

I found a tree to balance on like a tree amongst some other trees. However my attention span was far shorter than my balancing ability and I was starting to get funny looks from other people on the trail.

post-13363-0-60105400-1366833321_thumb.j

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Haha I know what you mean! I was just thinking yesterday at the gym how crazy I probably look jumping back and forth! I'm determined to make it across these fowl rocks though!

That wasn't you two leaping about in front of Shortstuff earlier today was it? I think she thought you were something else...

;)

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I found a tree to balance on like a tree amongst some other trees. However my attention span was far shorter than my balancing ability and I was starting to get funny looks from other people on the trail.

Cool! Reminds me of that thread on one of the other boards where people post pics of themselves doing crow pose in odd places.

*Edit*

Oh look -> Here it is! It looks like there are some other types of poses too if you wanted to get in on the action!

Oh yes I have seen the Hammlin leaping!!! She was brilliant!!!

I've been doing the tree pose while sorting mail- my coworkers can be so boring and lame...

They love giving me strange looks, but I just really don't care! I'm making ME better, and they don't matter!

That wasn't you two leaping about in front of Shortstuff earlier today was it? I think she thought you were something else...

;)

If it was extremely graceful and not at all clumsy then that was definitely me....

Otherwise if it was clumsy and praying not to die then I have no idea who that was.....

Level 2 Moon Elf Scout,

(STR)-7, (DEX)-2, (STA)-13, (WIS)-2, (CHA)-3

"The first wealth is health."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anwyls Master Challenge of Fire! My Twitter!

Ummm am I the only one that noticed some hella triceps going on in that clip?!?!?!?!

Nope, nope, I saw them too. But your post gave me the perfect excuse to look at the video again ;) 

Looking great Phylanx :)

Idea worth pinching

Balance is cheap and easy

haiku funny too

Actually laughing out loud here. Great Haiku :)

After getting through the cave I look at the rapids. And the ice floes going down the water. Chills run up my spine even contemplating getting into the water, that's so not going to happen. Carefully I step onto the first rock, getting ready to jump over floating ice to the next seeming stable rock. I jump, right footlands on the rock, left footmisses, but I maintain balance on one leg. Then the ice hits my right foot and splash, there I go into the water! Coming up gasping for breath I try not to freeze and climb back on the rock. But the rapids are to strong and I'm forced to swim. After a gruelling few minutes I finally climb out the water on the other side. Sitting down shivering I watch the more graceful bounce over the rocks. Seems like everyone is going to make it. 

I'm terrified of cold water, even in the pool I normally skip the pool for doing laps as it's too cold, I only swim in the recreational bath at 28C  (82F) and still have trouble getting in because it just feels to cold. 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Ooooh water, I should probably not swim it though; wet Gnoll does not smell good. Time to work on balance; I'm a klutz, so this is going to be good for me. 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

Wow, this is wide, i've been swimming for like two hours and there is still quite some way to go, it's cold, but it feels so good, i feel... light!, and it makes me think.. I might not be a half-ogre after all, maybe it's just what i was told and decided to believe it my entire life, hmm, I need to look at myself with different eyes, and decide what I WANT to be..

I KNOW swimming is part of my current goals, and I am not doing anymore for this challenge, sorry guys, taper week is like that, I'll try to make up for it and do some extra next week, unless there is some slacklining or something equally crazy along the way!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

*waits excitedly to see what emerges from the ogre-shaped chrysalis*

We're past the half-way mark now, Scouts. Some people are already climbing up on the bank, some are going back to help with the supplies, others are still struggling with strong currents (one of our number was swept 3100 m downstream and had to swim back!) but we're strong and we're going to make it. Distant bellowing sounds from the trolls on the other side of the hill remind us how urgent our mission is. A look of resolve comes over every face - tree-walkers, boulder-hoppers and swimmers alike and all strike out with renewed effort towards the bank.

I got home yesterday and thinking of this spent  good 45 minutes walking the creek behind our house today.

Cool - I hope you kept your head down and didn't get spotted by trolls!

well, I didn't budget my time well enough this week so I only managed to swim halfway across the river and I left some suplies on the shore. Hopefully I'll wash up downstream somewhere...

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Not to worry, there's a lot of activity going on - I'm sure one of these balancers can fish you out and shake the water out of your bark. Teamwork!

I managed to cross by jumping from boulder to boulder...but just barely as Siflettes A & J decided to grab my ankles.  In all seriousness, my kids thought our playtime of crossing the river ( I told them the trolls were chasing us) was a blast!  Looking forward to what you've got for us next 18ck :peaceful:

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Great! 

Well done getting over dry with the help of the junior scouts division!

And well done everyone else - I'm really impressed to see so many people trying out new things and sticking at them!

The scouts have shown amazing resourcefulness in crossing the river and there are still a few wading, balancing and leaping ashore, getting ready for the next challenge. Take a breather and strap on the running shoes (if you use them!), rest up and prepare for the next leg of the mission which will be starting in the morning because I am too sleepy to stay up until midnight!

zzzzzzzz

I fell in a few times as my balance is shocking, and I kept trying to look at the rocks and put some in my pocket for my collection - but eventually got there, hopefully these few rocks don't weigh me down.

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines