So after kinda lurking for a few months, I decided to just up and join the community today! Just my luck I'm still in time to join the current challenge, too! 

So a little about me. I'm a competitive sailor, currently in training for Canada Summer Games this August. I've had a major hurdle in my training over the past 9ish months with a nasty back problem, but I'm getting the treatment I need now and I'm looking to place top half of the fleet. My eventual goal is to go to the Olympics, with any luck hard work and dedication my first games will be 2020! 

I'm currently in the my first year of schooling at Ecole Holt Couture, a small private school for Haute Couture sewing and Design in Calgary, Alberta and basically the only one of its kind in the world. It's a very cool environment, and will lead to my dream of self-employment. That is, if I can live with putting my first love (my sailing career) on the backburner for the next three years D: 

I am completely gluten and lactose-free due to I-feel-like-death-when-I-have-them, and working on becoming completely free of refined sugars as well. I've toyed with the idea of going full paleo, but haven't because I really don't think it's something I could commit to long term, I love my (gluten-free) oats and beans and quinoa too much ;)

Most wouldn't be able to guess it but I'm suuuuper into metal, mainly prog/djent/etc. Favourite bands include TRIBUNE (my personal all-time fave!), Intervals, The Northern, Fall City Fall, Protest the Hero, and Gojira

So, for me my fitness goals will always be centered on my athletic goals, with appearance a convenient side-effect, as y'all know!

Current weight: 182 lbs

Ideal weight: somewhere between 150-160 (perfect for my boat!)

Last fitness test results:

Beep test: DNC, running is AWFUL with my hips

Plank: 5 min

Wallsit: 2:30 min

Pullups: 0

Sit-and-reach: 25 cm? can't quite recall. This just needs maintenance, not improvement

TA stability: level 3 of 4

Challenge 1 (incomplete)

Current Challenge

Where I am has nothing to do with where I will be.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

And may I say go you! I to am keeping clean of refined sugars. I hope you get into the games, I don't know much about competitive sailing but it sounds brutal physically and mentally. Nice metal bands! I've never heard of them but I will look them up. I'm eclectic with my music if it hits me the right way, I'll get it.

A 5 min. Plank?! You must have abs of steel! I can't even hold mine for a minute.

Hope your first challenge goes well!

And if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

And may I say go you! I to am keeping clean of refined sugars. I hope you get into the games, I don't know much about competitive sailing but it sounds brutal physically and mentally. Nice metal bands! I've never heard of them but I will look them up. I'm eclectic with my music if it hits me the right way, I'll get it.

A 5 min. Plank?! You must have abs of steel! I can't even hold mine for a minute.

Hope your first challenge goes well!

And if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks! Yeah it's a rough sport for sure, but that's why I love it, it's such a challenge! 

This'd be my sport at it's best :) 

Most've those are smaller Canadian acts, they totally deserve waaaay more exposure! Lemme know if ya like 'em\

Hahaha not steel-y enough! I'd say at least the last minute and a half were sheer willpower lol

Competitive sailing! Cool! Welcome to the rebellion! 

Thanks! Fantastic sport if I do say so myself ;)

Challenge 1 (incomplete)

Current Challenge

Where I am has nothing to do with where I will be.