Mushy paleo (Widsom teeth removal)

cerulean

So my wisdom teeth are coming out soon, and everyone's suggestions for soft foods while I recover (suprisingly) aren't that paleo. (At all.) While I would love an excuse to eat all the mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and ice cream I want, I'd rather not deal with the guilt, food comas, and achiness that come with it.

What's your favorite mushy paleo food? I could really use your ideas.

Mashed sweet potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and tuna is all I have on my list so far.

Mashed squash, mashed parsnips, mashed cauliflower.....you can season these with pretty much anything to make different flavors.  Avocado is pretty soft.  Applesauce (without added sugar).  Nut butters, especially super soft ones like macadamia nut butter.  Pureed veggie soups.....almost any soup will be fine if you put it in a blender and puree it until smooth.  Poached eggs if you like a runny yolk.  Coconut milk fruit smoothies.

I'm not kidding. .. baby food

Anything can be pulverized

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Oh goodness, this is a really helpful thread! I'll be in the same boat as you pretty soon. The only thing I can think to add is boiled broccoli, I think a lot of veggies can be boiled to a mushy texture.

Best of luck with recovery, Cerulean! :)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Definitely a helpful thread! My system is more shot than I thought it was, and I'm finding myself having to give up raw veggies and fruits and focus on soft foods. One of my favorite things is to puree or mash things; I'll roast a whole pan of vegetables tossed with oil, and then blend it in batches until it's soft enough to eat. Smoothies are also a great way to get nutrients, easily! Eggs are good for protein, and if you like it (like I do!) liver's a super-soft option that can be cooked up in lots of great ways. Crab and other seafoods can be cooked pretty soft too.  

Good luck with your recovery! Let us know how it goes!

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge