Becoming a machine PART 2!

dan_ho

Becoming a machine - Round 2

Name:

Dan!

Brief overview of goals:

To avoid having my delicious brains eaten, this is a zombie workout spectacular!!

Human Ranger/Assassin. Let's call it "Rogue".

Continued from last challenge:

ATTACK/DEFENSE

-Most recent pushup max - 30. Increase this by 10 at least.

-Bear - Increase weight!

New:

Pullups? Yes. Over the next 6 weeks, be able to do a set of 3-5 PERFECT pullups.

Follow RSG's BW and Barbell Battalion Guides at least 3 x a week - trying to get my bodyfat% lower again, 9-12% range.

Get a deadlift PR. Last was 185.

Movement:

More running! Hit a 2-3 mile stretch. Spezzy said it, have to outrun those zombies.

I feel like parkour is more movement than attack/defense, seems evasive and slippery. =P

Jumps and landings are just about perfect, going to increase the challenge on them. Execute at least a 10+ ft jump/landing. Zombies ain't got nothin on my jumps.

Time a sprint, and increase it by the end of the challenge.

Life goals:

- More piano! Keep learning songs and practicing. Also - record and post one on here for accountability!

- Eat a little less bread (grains in general, specifically following SlimDown Guide)

- As strange as this sounds, that's all I can think of. After the life success of last goal, I'm having a hard time thinking of more.

If you follow a specific way of eating:

Low carb. ~100g give or take a day. Maybe decrease by cutting out the bread.

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for team creation:

Following the RSG, trying to make my body the most efficient it can be through smart exercise / BW exercise..

If you want to be part of a team or if you want to work alone:

Not just team, but DIE ZOMBIE DIE!!!

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.

-Maya Angelou

4/12 Light workout leading into my first day:

2 hours varied intensity basketball (sprinting, running, walking, standing)

100x5x5 Push Press

Very light!

4/13: Food: Following the SlimDown guide from here on out: Breakfast - Eggs with tomato, onion, and green pepper. Side of fruit.

Lunch: Homemade salad: tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, basil, dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, and fresh lemon.

Tonight's plan: Bodyweight workout.

-Maya Angelou

I'm the same way, I'm only about 5'7 but luckily, zombies (and most people I know) don't have much on my jumping skills =D.

Dinner yesterday - Tilapia grilled in olive oil, lemon, garlic, tomato, and onion. Seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, and I forget what else. With a side of broccoli/carrots/cauliflower.

Bodyweight workout later, post will come, as well as (hopefully) getting part of my life challenges done and recording a song for you guys!

Edit: Breakfast - 2 eggs fried in olive oil, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, A1 sauce. Tried something new! Snack - Peanut Butter on 2 celery stalks.

-Maya Angelou

4/14 Workout:

Basketball (1 hour at least, varied intensity). Ended up going 3-1 in games, having won one of them 21-0. =)

Pushups: 31, 14, 10, 9 ~2min rest between each

BW Squats: 40, 30, 30, 30 ^ same

Side Planks: Right - 1:05, Left - 0:56. Right - 0:55, Left - 1:00

Ate many vegetables and fish today for lunch and dinner.

Thanks forge, I imagine I could make do with what I have in it, and I especially like backpacks because of the free leg mobility... I find it somewhat restricting when my pockets are full.

Expect piano video today, as long as I don't run too late at work! Annnd I like a lot of different composers... big fan of Satie, Chopin, Debussy.. George Winston.

-Maya Angelou

I can't pretend to know too much about music, everything i know about classical music is from one semester of music appreciation, though i can tell we have kind of similar tastes. My favorite period was french impressionism so debussy is automatic win. How can you not like chopin? I haven't heard of the other two, so i went to youtube and listened to a couple of their songs and wikid them Satie is from the french impressionist period his pieces are beautiful and introspective. George winston- plays canon like a beast.

Can't wait to hear your playing

My friends, I give you a log from a day of rest during such an awful time period. You don't know which of your friends will last day-to-day, and you just hope you can see them one more time before they become a brain-munching beast.

4/15 - A Brief Respite.

Today was easy. Not knowing what is contaminated these days, for breakfast I made a homemade lemon zest salad, as I like to call it, with some tuna fish (out of the can, sterile). Dinner - I went to the safety of my frozen food, and grilled salmon with my own fresh vegetables and spices again.

The real victory came at night. The only lesson I can take from it is acceptance and relaxation. I got together with my last few good friends at a local watering hole, and discussed it. We realized that every now and again, we need to let go. If we live every day in preparation and fear of these monsters, the only thing we become are monsters as well, with no appreciation for a good time or the arts. It was this realization that made me sit down at the piano and pump something out for you to enjoy... maybe a brief blink of hope in a time of crisis... we could all use it. ((As soon as I can get it figured out, I'll have it linked ;) ))

So tonight, stepping out of the RSG diet for a moment, I had about 10 beers and 4 various shots with my good mates. (Not a big deal, as I have the tolerance of 10 men, part of zombie training. I've considered trying to get them drunk if I can't escape.) Every now and again, it's time to relax. But tomorrow is another day, and I will resume my training.

(Forge, one of my favorite things about Satie is the freedom of expression. I can record myself playing a Satie song after the one I get up probably. Faline... one of the best things about getting a workout through sports is the competitive desire to do better. Competition can be very inspiring. I hope you're having some killer work done, I'll have to come spy on your thread soon!)

-Maya Angelou

"If we live every day in preparation and fear of these monsters, the only thing we become are monsters as well, with no appreciation for a good time or the arts."

Sounds like taxes and stuff, jk i really liked this post man, relaxing is always good-hope you had a good time with your mates-10 beers 4 shots though-wow (instead of getting the zombies drunk breathe fire on them) Can't wait to listen to it.

I get a similar feeling when working out it just clears your head of junk, and during rest days i have even more energy, though very sore.

Whoops, sorry for not posting in a while mates! Been busy helping buddies move in and out and doing lots of bulk garbage. So although I haven't been hitting the gym, I've been doing heavy lifting and lots of functional lifting, so it's okay. Relation to zombies? You have to be ready to pick up and move at any second, and this was training to do so. If I needed to move out right now because of an infestation, I'd be done in the blink of an eye!

More actual workouts soon though!

-Maya Angelou

4/19 Workout:

Warm up:

2 min jump rope

50 Jumping Jacks

20 BW Squats

10 BW Lunge

10 Hip Extension

10 Side leg stepovers

10 straight and side leg swings

15 Pushups

20 Spiderman steps

Lifts:

Deadlift:

115 x 5

135 x 5 x 5

Inverted BW Rows:

BW x 5 x 5

Cool down involving stretching and basketball.

-Maya Angelou

Took a long time but I figured I'd post this before my workout tonight -

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1jQRtxSQM

If that doesn't work:

It's very far from great, so try to ignore the silly mistakes (like forgetting a part in the middle) =P

-Maya Angelou

4/23 Workout:

Warmup:

2 min jump rope

50 Jumping Jacks

20 BW Squats

10 BW Lunge

10 Hip Extension

10 Side leg stepovers

10 straight and side leg swings

15 Pushups

20 Spiderman steps

Lifts:

Push Press - 70 x 7

105 x 5 x 5

Squat - 105 x 5

115 x 5

125 x 5 x 5

Stretching and cooldown.

Edit: Easter Lunch:

Bought a lamb at the farm, fresh meat! Yum. Nice and healthy stewed lamb with a side of carrots/broccoli/cauliflower.

-Maya Angelou

Last night's workout:

Same warmup; getting easier.

Push press - 70 x 7

110 x 5 x 5

Squat - 105 x 5

125 x 5

145 x 5 x 4 (lower back was a little achy so didn't finish).

Stretching cooldown.

Overall progress -

Attack/Defense

I'm feeling pretty good about the barbell batallion... successfully adding 5 pounds at least each workout! Diet is doing very well, cooking all of my own meals in a paleo way... meats and veggies/fruits/nuts. Cheated a little today at a family member's birthday party, had a little piece of carrot cake and half of a hamburger bun with my burger.

Bear complex - Haven't tried my hand at it again, focusing on other points of the challenge.

Pullups - 2 perfect pullups so far, this one should be easy.

Deadlift new PR - If 185 was my old max, and I'm up to 145 x 5 x 5... this should be easily accomplished as well.

Movement:

Last run was 1.5 miles, relatively easy. I guess I'll add a speed increase as well as increasing it to 2 since there's so much time left.

Just gotta get a vid of the 10ft jump... piano vid is up, and eating an extremely small amount of grains! Woot woot!

I'd love to hear how everyone else is doing!

-Maya Angelou

Uhh... that's my friend on the swings screaming like Tarzan. Small jump and roll (right about 10ft), more for landing. I actually had to be a little reserved for this roll because I almost rolled straight into the bench my buddy was recording from. Lost my balance so I was actually rolling for safety, haha.

-Maya Angelou

Warmup - Same

Deadlift - 105 x 5

125 x 5

155 x 5 x 5

Inverted BRow - 5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 7

Steady increases still. Deadlift went up 20 lbs. Push press tomorrow..hopefully I can hit 115x5x5 or 120x5x5 tomorrow.

The plants don't seem to be that active... maybe it's just my thread though... how you guys doin?

-Maya Angelou

Warmup - Same

Deadlift - 105 x 5

125 x 5

155 x 5 x 5

Inverted BRow - 5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 5

5 x 7

Steady increases still. Deadlift went up 20 lbs. Push press tomorrow..hopefully I can hit 115x5x5 or 120x5x5 tomorrow.

The plants don't seem to be that active... maybe it's just my thread though... how you guys doin?

-Maya Angelou

Update - ran over a cat in my car, bent the transmission, which in turn messed up the radiator. Long story short, haven't been able to hit the gym, but I've been playing basketball to make up for it with at least some cardio. With some BW exercises mixed in.

-Maya Angelou

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines