A Late Start for the Morning_Witch

Morning_Witch

I was hesitant to sign up the 6 week challenge because I am so new to this site. My goals are going to be VERY SIMPLE because I have a tendency to overwhelm myself. 

1. Switch from coffee with creamer to plain tea. +2 STA, +3 CON 

2. Stop picking at my skin. +2 CHA, +1 WIS, +2 CON 

3. Get to bed by midnight. +2 CON, + 3 STA 

Every week I adhere to a goal, I earn 20% of the respective points for that goal. The overall outcome should be increased resilience by learning better coping skills while ditching bad habits. 

Level 2 Asari Druid

STR 2 | STA 5 | WIS 6 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | CHA 3

Challenge 

Good to have you here, Morning_Witch :) - solid set of goals, too!

Giving up coffee... *twitches* lol

Level 2 Wild Elf Warrior

• [*]

Strength (STR) - 8

[*]

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

[*]

Stamina (STA) - 2

[*]

Constitution (CON) - 3

[*]

Wisdom (WIS) - 2

[*]

Charisma (CHA) - 2

“I saved a man's life once," said Granny. "Special medicine, twice a day. Boiled water with a bit of berry juice in it. Told him I'd bought it from the dwarves. That's the biggest part of doct'rin, really. Most people'll get over most things if they put their minds to it, you just have to give them an interest.â€

Welcome! Glad you decided to join us and start your challenge now, instead of waiting for the next one. Getting started is often the hardest step and you've taken it! Good on you!!!

Nice goals too. They're a great start on your journey and you should notice an improvement in your life. :)

If you fell up to it do join our mini-challenge series (they're a good intro to all the NF guilds and a nice way to meet your fellow Druids too):

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27575-mini-challenge-around-nf-in-40-days-strong-like-a-warrior/

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Glad you decided to join us! Your goals all look manageable. But the stopping picking - is this one of those habits like nail-biting: something you do without realizing it? Mindfulness and figuring out what triggers the behavior can be difficult.  But certainly doable. Best of luck to you!

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Day 4

No coffee! I have been doing really great with this one so far. It has been so much easier than I thought. I stocked up on different kinds of tea and fix myself a big mug whenever I feel like I need some coffee. I'm beginning to think that what I really liked about drinking coffee was just having something warm to drink. I think I get enough caffeine from the tea to prevent headaches, but not enough to get me wired.

No picking! This has been absolute the hardest challenge for me this round. I found myself almost falling for this several times when I was working on my research project. Its just something I resort to when I'm concentrating. I need to find another outlet for my hands. 

Get to bed by midnight! Success so far. Late night is when I relax in the living room with my husband. Well, he likes to watch TV shows on Netflix and it is ridiculously easy to just keep playing the next episode until the sun comes up. I have learned that I have to just ditch him in the living room by 11:30, before I get caught up in the next episode of Numb3rs, too.

Level 2 Asari Druid

Challenge 

Good luck with the challenge! With the 'no skin picking' thing... that's really difficult! (I'm not sure you know about it, but there's a pretty good website out there about trying to stop picking your skin... you're definitely not the only one!) I think it was this one: http://www.skinpick.com/book/

I still pick my skin sometimes (especially face and legs) when I'm really stressed out or really bored, but it's gotten A LOT better since a few years ago :) It's difficult to break a habit like that but so worth it! I also think it's awesome that you dared to put that in your challenge goals :)

Welcome to the forums and see you around ^^ 

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Welcome, I like your race (and your goals) and think you'll do well.

Having just come off caffeine, and table sugar, I still find myself going for a morning coffee (decaf w/creamer) as a comfort thing.  Trying to figure out why this is; since as you say, tea (or even plain boiled water) could provide the component of warmth.

Level 3 Fox DruidSTR +4 / DEX +5 / STA +3  / CON +2 / WIS +7 / CHA +2

"If you plan to face tomorrow, do it soon."  (G. Lightfoot)

Morning_Witch... how are you doing?

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I tracked my goals using the app "Lift" and I had an 80% success rate in reaching all of my goals. I kind of cracked during finals week, but I got bak on track afterwards, and surprisingly, with greater ease.

1.  Switch from coffee with creamer to plain tea. +2 STA, +3 CON 
  2.  Stop picking at my skin. +2 CHA, +1 WIS, +2 CON 
  3.  Get to bed by midnight. +2 CON, + 3 STA 

I think I'll divy up the points this way, though, so I have whole numbers:  CON 6, WIS 1, CHA 1, STA 4. I think it actually matches what I gained very well.

Level 2 Asari Druid

Challenge 

Awesome! Specially good that when you cracked you didnt give up... you got back into it!

I too like to keep my points whole... so I understand your scoring. :)

Looking forward to seeing you again for the next round, starting Jun 3rd! :D

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines