PaladinAlex - Gearing up for Spartan racing

PaladinAlex

So, this is my first challenge, as I just joined up the other day. I'm starting a bit late, so I'm really only getting 5 weeks, but that's alright =). Should be fun.

I'm going to be training to do my first Spartan Sprint on June 1st, so I'm going to be bringing it these next few weeks.

Long term goals, that I'm ultimately heading towards:

• Increase weight to 170-180+ lbs with around 7% body fat
  • Improve 40 meter sprint to 6 seconds or less
  • To play Rugby for team Canada

Challenge Goals:

• Complete a single set of 30 pull-ups (+3 STR) (Achieved May. 3rd)
  • Complete a 6km run within 30min (+2 STA, +2 CON)
  • Complete 10 cycles of interval training in one session (+2 DEX, +2 STA)
  • Finish programming the core mechanics for the project I am currently working on (+2 WIS)
  • Complete my business plan for the games studio I want to open (+2 WIS)

And for the purposes of clearity, my interval cycles should look like this:

• 2x 25m shuttle runs
  • 5 corn-cob pull-ups or 5 strict standard pull-ups
  • 10 Tuck jumps
  • 10 military push-ups
  • 30sec Plank

This may be subject to change to increase intensity or duration, or to incorporate new movements (such as lateral plyometric jumps).

LV 3 - Lawful Good - Spartan - Ranger Current Challenge: One Momentous Word

Previous Challenge: #1 #2 #3

Battle Log - Epic Quest: To become a Spartan

Current Attributes:

STR - 6.75   DEX - 8   STA - 7

CON - 6   WIS - 9   CHA - 7

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.

So, today I managed 6 sets, but I had to cut the sprints out of the last 2, they were kickin my ass.

Totally crushed out the pull-up's: I did 3/6 sets as corn-cob pull-ups.

Also did 3/6 sets as clapping push-ups instead of standard military press.

Current Attributes:

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

I unfortunately only did 4 sets today because my ankle started to tweak. However they were much faster and cleaner than my previous workout, so my endurance is definately improving. My ankle might become an issue so I'm doing to really focus on strengthening it

Current Attributes:

Dude you are going to kick ass at your Spartan race.  Sorry it took me so long to wander over here - you've been such great help and encouragement on my challenge and the Run,Lift, Repeat group.  Keep up the hard work! :encouragement:

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Okay Paladin way to put a boot in the ass of that workout!!!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Thanks guys, I needed the encouragement today. I aaalmost skipped my workout today, but I told myself "No, if you want to be a Spartan, you gotta train like one."

So, I ripped out 8 cycle, sans sprints, but im doing exercises to strengthen my ankle. My 8th cycle, I did double sets. So 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 20 tuck jumps, and a 60sec plank. Woo I felt that last cycle.

Current Attributes:

Paladinalex, those are some hard core workouts! Good luck with your challenge!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Paladinalex, those are some hard core workouts! Good luck with your challenge!

Thanks man :tennis:

Oh and I forgot to mention... I did a couple sets of "airborne" push-ups today as well, in place of clapping ones. If you don't know what I mean... Imagine clapping push-ups, but you kick off with your feet too, so when you do the clap, you're not touching the ground at all. Also you don't want to really KICK, just like a strong little flicking kind of motion with your feet, so you keep your legs and back straight. They're tough, I only did 2 sets of 5, but man do you feel badass after you do them :chuncky:

Current Attributes:

You have really great goals here. Like people have said, you're going to do awesome at the Spartan Race!

Have you been able to do any work on your business plan? That sounds really cool. 

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

I'm a little behind on that to be honest. I'm going to be really focusing on making time for that in the next few days.

Current Attributes:

Woo, hit my set of 30 pull-ups today. Juuuuust barely, I had to really fight for the last 2.

Current Attributes:

way to go Paladin! I am only at 3 barley right now (and thats with breaks in between each. 30 is monstrous! defiantly an inspiration man keep up the hard work!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Alright, final numbers are in:

• Complete a single set of 30 pull-ups (+3 STR)    (got up to a set of 36, COMPLETE - A)
  • Complete a 5km run within 30min (+2 STA, +2 CON)    (28:53, and I decided I absolutely hate distance running, so no more goals like this... COMPLETE - A)
  • Complete 10 cycles of interval training in one session (+2 DEX, +2 STA)    (completed a session of 12 cycles, COMPLETE - A)
  • Finish programming the core mechanics for the project I am currently working on (+2 WIS)    (Completed the last of the core mechanics yesterday, COMPLETE - A)
  • Complete my business plan for the games studio I want to open (+2 WIS)    (put the finishing touches on it today, its subject to change, but it feels good that it's done. COMPLETE - A)

I'm definately happy with these results, and I'm also quite glad for the revolation that.. I hate distance running lol. So no more of that.

Current Attributes:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines