My name is Rob and I live in New Orleans, Louisiana.   I am a 35 year old attorney who played football and ran track in high school.  I was always in pretty good shape throughout high school and even college because I worked part time with my father in a pretty physical and demanding job almost every weekend.

Fast forward to law school and I have been pretty sedentary ever since.   I found NF about a month ago when I switched over to a Paleo lifestyle.   This morning, I finally got off my tail and did my first beginner workout circuit.   Boy did it kick my butt.   I was not able to finish the final set because when I stood up from my 15 second plank I felt like I might vomit so I took that as a sign my body wanted to tap out.   Hopefully, I will be able to finish a complete circuit Friday when I try to tackle it again.

Just joined so I can speak with people going through similar circumstances - someone who once ran 5ks with ease and now cannot get through a beginner workout circuit.

Hi!

Consistency and perseverance are the key! A sedentary job is quite a killer for acvtivity, but even 30 min workouts are better than nothing. The first sessions are rough, but after 1 to 2 weeks you`ll rock èm!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

The second workout was not nearly as bad.  I was still "stiff" for a few days so I had to wait until today to go for a second try.   I was not nauseous after completing the third circuit but I immediately went out and walked my dog after completing the workout to cool off.   Turns out having a 40 pound dog take you for a walk is a good cool down exercise............ errrr taking her for a walk.

That's excellent news about the 2nd day being less sucky than the first. I did day one of the Beginner's Workout Circuit today, and like you said, it's a beast the first go around. I had to drop the total lunges down to 10 (5/leg), rather than 20, but I also did a 30 second plank. Which, based on experience, makes me think I was doing it incorrectly. Although, it wasn't an easy 30 seconds, so maybe I'm not doing it wrong...   Anyway, good for you, and good luck getting back into your 5k mode!

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln