Forgemill's (erick) 6 week challenge woot

Here we go my first ever challenge...

(also in the contest)

Goals:

Fitness- Phase 1: For four weeks or 28 days follow the basic training guide, if at some point it becomes too easy i'll just join the bodyweight brigade right away

Phase 2: After the 28 days or when it gets too easy (see above) join the bodyweight brigade rank 1 which will be the end of the challenge, but i plan on finishing it till the end after the challenge and contest is over.

I hope to be able to do:

100 or more bodyweight squats

50+push ups straight

5 pull ups

2-3 minute plank

Nutrition: Bulk-Cut diet or (operation bulk up and slim down) Phase 1: Gain 10-15lbs or more of mainly muscle and some fat by following GOMAD and paleo diet

Phase 2: Follow operation slim down following a modified paleo diet and lose the fat i gained in phase 1, but keep the muscle

Life:

1)get caught up in my classes i'm seriously behind on the readings

2) finally choose my major

3) get a job or do more volunteering and get out more (i've lived a pretty sheltered life)

4) get smarter by studying different skills like speed reading, mnemonics, etc.

5) get my life organized following a GTD system

Other things:

Level up at least 5-10 times in the omfg game

Be active in my squad and activities

try to be more helpful

Things that will be difficult:

GOMAD- the week before this challenge begun i added more milk in my diet and i've used the bathroom more often

eating 3000 plus calories

Squad:

I want to join one, and i'll try to be active

Updates:

Plan: (more or less)

Monday: strength train

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: Strength train

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Strength Train

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Yoga

Starting photo (taken 4/11/11) SHO SHEXY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]267[/ATTACH]

4/11/11-First day

Work out- (Basic training) Session A

Push ups-set 1-20

set 2- 9

set 3-7

Bodyweight squats:

set1- 20

set2-20

set3-20

Plank

Set 1

50 seconds

Set 2

40 seconds

Squat thrusts in 2 mins-10

Honestly, for me that's not to bad considering i had to do it with about a half gallon of milk in my stomach (don't try)

i got stomach cramps GOMAD is meh i just have to make sure not to drink so much milk prior to working out

YAY Rest day tommorow

Day 2: 4/12/11

Felt a little sore, good thing it was a rest day

My energy levels have been way up ever since i got off carbs ironicallly

The milk isn't actually affecting me as much as i thought, (doesn't mean it isn't-Bathroom time)

Strangely enough i think i'm losing weight, i'll see at the end of the week if i have to change anything

post-1863-13567242916804_thumb.jpg

Day 3: 4/13/11

Workout (Basic Training Session B)

Body Rows-

Set 1: 13

Set2: 8

Set 3: 8

Bodyweight Lunges:

Set 1: 14

Set 2: 6

Set 3: 10

Plank

Set 1: 1 minute

Set 2: 45 secs

Following my diet pretty well haven't eaten any carbs and consuming a gallon of milk a day, everything is going pretty well, though when i checked the scale i started losing weight WHAT!? it might've been just water weight i'll have to check by the end of the week to make sure i'm gaining some weight. I think it's because i stopped eating those starchy carbs

Day 4:

4/14/11 (Rest Day)

Finally on spring break yay!

Today i walked around and generally explored and adventured outside while practicing some parkour for about an hour today barefoot

was great fun, though asphalt is really hot

Since i'm on spring break i'll create a mini goal list for just that week or get more specific on my goals or something like that and post that tommorow

My diet's going great, kind of miss carbs but not enough to eat any

I might not finish my gallon tonight unless i gulg 5 cups within the hour, but i know that ain't good i'll be fine with 13 cups or so as long as i'm meeting my calorie mark of 3000+

Day 5- 4/15/11

Felt pretty lethargic today so took a nap before my workout

Basic training workout A

push ups

Set 1: 22

Set 2: 11

Set 3: 7

bodyweight squats:

set 1: 23

set 2: 20

set3: 21

plank:

set 1: 61 sec

set 2: 46 sec

Kind of getting better hehe, need to work a little harder

Day 6- 4/16/11

rested not much to say, didn't reach my calorie quota today though, meh whatevs i feel great

I'm an unapologetic carb eater, but Passover starts Monday. Basically, all grains are off limits for religious reasons.

To be specific, wheat, barley, oats, rye and spelt, and sometimes corn, rice, and legumes depending on who you ask. Since I'm a spirit-of-the-law more than a letter-of-the-law person, I'm including quinoa as off limits and continuing to eat peanut butter. There's all sorts of fake replacement nonsense out there, but it's full of who knows what. And again, I really don't think that's in the spirit of the law.

So it looks like I'll be conforming with all the NF paleo eaters after all.

You mentioned choosing a major. What year are you, and what areas are you looking at?

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }

I miss carbs too ....but I hate how I feel eating them now that I have cut them so much...weird lol

Good job on improving! I am doing the same workout and I like it...very quick but still challenging!

Keep it up!!

Thanks for the support, i have to agree the workouts are short, but by then end i'm on my butt catching my breath

You mentioned choosing a major. What year are you, and what areas are you looking at?

Almost fresh out of high school, right now i'm floating around seeing what i like, at first i thought i'd try something involving social science like anthropology or something, but what i really want to do is support my family members and retire my parents, so right now i'm taking business classes and accounting, i'm doing quite well, but if i became an accountant i know i'd be miserable as hell. So i have to try for something that i wouldn't hate, and could make a reasonable amount of money in the future. I'm pretty set on something involving environmental science: (environmental scientist, environmental engineer, etc.) i love nature very much

Day 7 4/17/2011+week in review

Yesterday i practiced some parkour that's about it tomorrow strength training starts again and spring break begins on week of ownage

Goals for the spring break week and more detailed goals for the challenge:

Spring break goals:

1) finally finish and get caught up with class assignment (not difficult and non negotiable) i just need to quit procrastinating

2) Do at least 2 or more volunteer opportunities

3) The house shall be clean!

4) Reread Gtd and finalize my system

5) Limit my comp time to one hour only(excluding online schoolwork)

Larger plan

Fitness goals: keep going the way i'm going

zombie goals:

1) Create a baseline survival percentage and increase it by doing different things

2) On my rest days practice zombie related goals and fitness (i've been doing parkour on my rest days)

3) finish challenges and stuff

Mind goals:

study for at least 3 hours a day on different subjects

Life goals are still the same

Day 8 - 4/18/11

Workout

Strength: Basic training workout b

Body rows:

set 1: 15

set 2: 9

set 3: 8

bodyweight lunges (per leg)

set 1: 25

set 2: 15

set 3: 12

plank:

set 1: 1 minute 10 seconds

set 2: 1 minute

Stuck with the diet today will have about 13-15 cups of milk, i stopped counting i gulg it like water at this point

Everything is going great, week 2 off to a great start

thanks for the advice

to be honest i have awesome calves (from jump roping), but my thighs are pretty weak, once i get a bit stronger i'll add some weight

best way to get stronger is to add weight ;)

and i agree on the working out somewhat fasted - as soon as i get food in my belly my body doesnt want anything to do with working out. especially not something heavy like milk!

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Three day update:

Day 9-4/19/11: got some rest from monday's workout not much to say

Day 10: 4/20/11

Workout basic training A

Push ups

Set 1: 20

set 2: 10

set3: 7

i didn't feel like i did enough so i did 5 more after

Body weight squats:

set 1: 30

set 2: 25

set 3: 20

the squats are coming along i'll take spezzy and dante's advice soon add some weights

plank

set 1: 70 secs

set 2: 60 secs

Day11: 4/21/11

rested am quite busy the next couple of days, but i'll make sure i at least get my workout in for tommorow

4/22/11-

Actually friday me and some family members went to six flags, so my diet wasn't the greatest today, i didn't stuff my face or anything, but i didn't get to eat good food, i also didn't have time to work out as we left in the morning and went back at night so i worked out on saturday

4/23/11

Basic workout b

body rows

set 1: 15

set 2: 10

set 3: 9

lunges:

set 1: 30

set 2: 18

set 3: 12

plank

set 1: 80 seconds

set 2: 65 seconds

all my stats went up at least, there was a party at our house and i had to work pretty hard cleaning up the house and the backyard, but i avoided all the junk food.

4/24/11

happy easter everyone today is rest day i'm thinking of changing my diet, to me gomad is more trouble than it's worth i might keep going one more week, but at this point i'm sick of drinking so much milk

4/25/11

Workout: basic training workout a

Push ups:

set 1: 20

set 2: 12

set 3: 10

bodyweight squats:

set 1: 40

set 2: 30

set 3: 20

plank:

set 1: 81 seconds

set 2: 66 seconds

Once i get to 50 squats i'll add some weights

gotta work harder on my push ups

Food log:

like 3/4 gallon milk

5 eggs

salmon

bean sprouts

tuna in a can

salad

more fish

Sorry i haven't been updating, i got kind of a bit lazy there at the end of week 2 not working out and eating bad things, but now it's a new week and i'm back with a vengeance, so now there's only this week and next week of basic training then on to bodyweight brigade.

Changes:

I'm doing the exercises with some modifications in order to do more because i don't want to be lazy like the end of the second week, for example when i do push ups i'll do diamond push ups max until tired, then standard, then wide, that way i get more reps in like a man without sacrificing form of course, also i'm adding some weights to lunges and squats, not much as i the heaviest dumbell i have is only 30 lbs. I'm also done with bulking up, time to slim down, i didn't really gain that much weight, but i don't feel like eating so much anymore, also now i'm going full paleo, meat after 13 years of being a vegetarian

5/2/11-workout basic training b

Body Rows-

set1: 16 then 5 with bent knees

set2: 10 then 5 with bent knees

set 3: 9+2wbk

Bodyweight Lunges:

set 1: 17 with 7.5lbs in each hand then 8 bodyweight lunges

set 2: 10 with 7.5 lbs in each hand then 5 bodyweight

set 3: 7+5

Planks

set 1: 90 seconds

set 2: 65 seconds

2 minute sprints

Food log-

3 eggs

pound a salmon

can of tuna

grilled chicken

sprouts, romaine lettuce, banana, watermelon, olive oil

i'm still under 2000 calories it is impossible to overeat on paleo diet yeesh

I'm back with a vengeance, also i'll update some zombie stuff, i'm still on week 2 challenge, i can land, but i still have to practice rolling

Updates:

I haven't been updating lately, but that doesn't mean i've been lazy-

Last week was my last week of basic training woot

This week i have started the bodyweight brigade RANK 1 with some modifications-

I have been sticking probably 90 percent paleo diet and my body fat has been going down, my weight has a little too, the caliper i ordered never arrived, but just guessing i think i dropped 3 percent or so

So 5/9 monday's workout day one of bodyweight brigade

Warmup

Push ups:

set 1- 20

set 2-14

set 3- 9

set 4- 7

Chin ups (i added some reverse chin ups as well)

set 1: 2

set 2: 2 + 4 reverse

set 3: 1 +3 reverse

set 4: 3 reverse

Goblet squats with a 30 lb weight and some bodyweight squats, ill progessively add more weight

set 1- 17

set 2-11+20 bodyweight

set 3- 8+ 20 bodyweight

set 4: 25 bodyweight

Side planks

45 seconds right

45 seconds left

30 seconds right

30 seconds left

Then 3 minutes of running

Cool down

5/10-Rest did some light activity

5/11 workout 2 (B)

Warm up

Chin ups

set 1: 3 +2 reverse

set 2: 2+ 3 revers

set 3: 1 +3 reverse

set 4: 3 reverse

Close hand push ups

set 1- 10

set 2- 6

set 3- 8

set 4- 6

Weighted lunges (7.5 lbs in each hand will progessiely add more weight)

set 1- 25

set 2- 15

set 3- 12

set 4- 12

Plank

set 1- 95 seconds

set 2- 40 seconds

set 3- 40 seconds

20 squat thrusts in 3 mins (they are really hard, threw in a few burpees in there as well)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines