I work at a movie theater and I get to see movies there for free. I've seen 146 movies there in the last two years, paying for only one of them -- yes, I counted, and if I counted all the movies I've seen more than once that number would be a LOT higher -- so I'm sure you can tell I LOVE film. It's my passion, and my dream is to become a filmmaker (director and producer), so I'll be posting in this thread a lot.

My favorite movies are The Lord of the Rings series (all three, but mostly The Return of the King). I'm excited for a lot of movies this year, but mostly for Iron Man 3 (which comes out on my 21st birthday) and, above all, Man of Steel.

What's your favorite movie? What was the last one you saw, and which one are you most excited for this year?

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

As you can probably guess from my name, I really like all the Re-animator movies. I haven't really been paying attention to what's coming out this summer; I love movies but don't usually have the time or money to go, I really want to see Man of Steel though and will find a way to see it. 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

The Hobbit was the last film is saw in the theater. I thought it was pretty good. I remember back in the day going to see Jedi in the theater with my Dad.

Favorite movie: Back to the Future.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I can't remember the last thing I saw, though I go to the cinema quite often! We're quite lucky in there being an independent cinema here in Nottingham, costs less that the MEGAPLEXES and you can take alcohol into the screens! (So nice unwinding with a nice glass of wine watching something on a quiet evening.)

Last film I watched was The Hobbit on a plane journey. To be honest, I struggled a bit, it was a bit long winded. That said, I did enjoy Martin Freeman doing his expression, I thought he was a good fit for the role.

Favourite film ever- not sure. Maybe Die Hard. Or Waynes World. Or Spinal Tap. Or Jurassic Park. Aarrgghh!

Saw Iron Man 3 last night! Truly it was the ironmanningest of them all.

I regret all the delicious and terrible cinema food.

How did you see it if it's not out till the 25th? do you have a delorean you aren't sharing with the rest of us?!?!?!?!?!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Saw Iron Man 3 last night! Truly it was the ironmanningest of them all.

I regret all the delicious and terrible cinema food.

Really? I don't know why, the commercials haven't really caught my attention this time around. I'm still going to see it, but good to know it'll probably be better than I was expecting. I'm more excited for Star Trek.

I think the last movie I saw was Silver Linings Playbook. I love movies, go to them often because a few theaters around here have $5 movie days. I'm excited for the summer flicks.

Favorite of all time? Tombstone. Transformers the cartoon version. I can watch Clueless over and over lol. Also really loved The Avengers.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

How did you see it if it's not out till the 25th? do you have a delorean you aren't sharing with the rest of us?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, the closest I've been to a DeLorean is the factory where they were made. Though I have a plan...

Really? I don't know why, the commercials haven't really caught my attention this time around. I'm still going to see it, but good to know it'll probably be better than I was expecting. I'm more excited for Star Trek.

No spoilers, but in hindsight the film is nothing like the trailers. It's the most fun film I've seen since the Avengers.

But whatever it's time to get excited for Star Trek! Thor! Something else I forgot because Star Trek and Thor!

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

The last movie I saw in theaters was The Silver Linings Playbook - it was good, admittedly, but I think I'm still more fond of the book. I'm looking forward to Iron Man 3, but I think at this point I might be equally excited for The Great Gatsby.

It's tough for me to narrow down to an all-time favorite. I'm a huge Bond fan though - my girlfriend bought the 50th Anniversary set for me for my brithday last month, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. (Of those, I'd have to go with Thunderball as my favorite. Sean Connery will always be Bond in my heart.)

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

I'm REALLY looking forward to Ender's Game this year. Favorite movies include Braveheart and the LoTR and original Star Wars trilogies.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Star Trek: Into Darkness (yeah I know that's a "Duh")

Iron Man 3, but will probably wait till it comes out on dvd.

Thor 2 whenever it comes out. 

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

2013 movies that i want to see:

iron man 3

star trek 2

hang over part 3 (morbid curiosity more than anything)

after earth

Man of Steel (not a big superman fan, but this looks promising)

World War Z

The Wolverine

The World's End

Riddick

Sin City 2

Old Boy (didn't care much for the original, curious what they did with it)

Ender's Game

Thor 2

Hunger Games 2

The Hobbit 2

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

What's your favorite movie? What was the last one you saw, and which one are you most excited for this year?

My favourite movie is actually "Perks of Being A Wallflower". Odd for a college aged guy, but there it is. Last movie I saw is either "The Man with the Iron Fist" or "The Hobbit". I think it was The Hobbit. As for which one I'm excited for ENDER'S GAME! ~drools~ I loved the book, so I really hope the movie does tribute.

Finally watching Silver Linings Playbook today. I've heard so many great things about it but we never had it at the theater I work at, and I never had time to go to another theater to see it. Luckily it's my day off today!

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Finally watching Silver Linings Playbook today. I've heard so many great things about it but we never had it at the theater I work at, and I never had time to go to another theater to see it. Luckily it's my day off today!

Parts of it were filmed in my wife's highschool.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I can't remember the last thing I saw, though I go to the cinema quite often! We're quite lucky in there being an independent cinema here in Nottingham, costs less that the MEGAPLEXES and you can take alcohol into the screens! (So nice unwinding with a nice glass of wine watching something on a quiet evening.)

Last film I watched was The Hobbit on a plane journey. To be honest, I struggled a bit, it was a bit long winded. That said, I did enjoy Martin Freeman doing his expression, I thought he was a good fit for the role.

Favourite film ever- not sure. Maybe Die Hard. Or Waynes World. Or Spinal Tap. Or Jurassic Park. Aarrgghh!

Love Wayne's World and Jurassic Park.

I just don't get Spinal Tap though, i understand its like a mockumentary i just really didn't enjoy watching it though and was really bored, everyone else I know loves it?? must just be me.

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Guest Dirty Deads

Kickass, Donnie Darko, Avengers, Tenacious D: POD, A Knights Tale, Spaceballs, Count of Monty Cristo (Jim Caviezel, Guy Pearce version)

I'm excited for Kickass 2 and World War Z

My favourite movie of all time is Lawrence of Arabia, followed closely by Das Boot, The English Patient, Platoon, Regeneration and The Last Unicorn (if that one looks out of place with the others then you weren't paying attention when you watched it - go watch it again! ;)).  Clearly, if you make a movie about opportunity and regret and stick some violence in the middle, I'll love it.

The most recent thing I saw was Pain and Gain, last night.  It was surprisingly entertaining - from the previews it could have gone either way, but it actually worked!  As for what I'm looking forward to, mostly The Wolverine (although I'll catch most of the nerd-bait releases, of course).

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Favorite movie? That's so tough. Probably Once or Just Friends

My boyfriend really wants to go see the new Star Trek film coming out in May, but I've heard really bad things so far in terms of what JJ Abrams decided to do with the storyline. I haven't been spoiled but I'll still go see it with the boy toy. 

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee