Height: 172 cm.

Weight: 69.5 kg.

GOALS

FITNESS AND FOOD:

1. Go to the gym at least 4 days per week, ideally 5. This is the routine I want to return to: Push Day, Pull Day, Swim/Active Rest, Push Day, Pull Day, Rest.
  2. Stretch every night before bed.
  3. Take a packed salad + protein + complex carbohydrate lunchbox, plus fruit, a big water bottle and/or flask of herbal tea, every day I have classes (4 days/week).

LEVEL UP MY LIFE

1. Be out of bed by 7:30 am every weekday.
  2. Work 9 - 5 every weekday, and set SelfControl to block social media sites until the end of my work day.

FITNESS ROUTINE

• PUSH DAY: Weight training with emphasis on "push" activities.
  • PULL DAY: Likewise,  but opposite.
  • SWIM DAY: Half an hour gentle swimming at the 30 m pool at my gym.
  • ACTIVE REST/REST: In addition I tend to a 2 hour dance class on Tuesday nights and at least one or two nights of social dancing at other points in the week. I'm hoping to go for many long walks with the new boyo as well.
  • (Weights and reps info to come after my first session back)

NOTES

• Photos to come!
  • I've decided to start a challenge again because I've fallen into some bad habits over the last month - I was doing very well, then had a great holiday/field trip (11 days hiking in Wales + a long weekend of dancing) which made me very happy, but knocked out my routine. I'm an MA student and am feeling the pressure from my studies. I also recently had some relationship issues, which are now resolved. My response to these things was to sleep as long as possible every day! I'm seeing a counsellor now, as a 'real life' accountibilibuddy - I thought checking in with the lovely folks on the forums here might help with the day-to-day.
Dren: level 1 Orc and Scholar, with Ranger aspirations
STR 2; DEX 1; STA 3; CON 3; WISDOM 4; CHA 2
Little by little, one travels far -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Starting Measurements: 

• Neck: 34 cm
  • Shoulders: 41 cm, I think (kinda hard to measure solo)
  • Chest: 96 cm
  • Bicep ®: 29.5 cm
  • Waist: 82 cm
  • Hips: 101 cm
  • Thigh ®: 85.5 cm
  • WEIGHT: 69.5 kg
  • HEIGHT: 172 cm 

STARTING PHOTOS exist, can be viewed in this album here  

Welcome! You have some lovely goals here, good luck with the challenge! Be sure to plan/account for a few breaks here and there during your workdays, just dragging on when you're not being productive anymore can be... well, counter-productive ;) 

Recently I've read in a Dutch study that over half of all students at the bachelor level or higher are either burned out, depressed or so stressed it's really interfering with their life... Horrible but true, try to stay sane, it's a difficult time of your life (the student life) but we'll survive it :) (I should graduate in July and even though I'm pretty much perfectly on track I'm still horribly worried something will go wrong etc. etc.). 

So yeah, good luck!

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Thankyou Pretzle - good luck with your studies too! 

I think the MA level of study is a bit mad... My friends doing PhDs seem far more chilled, and remember the MA as being the hardest year of their studies. 

I hope you have smooth sailing til July! (and beyond). Mine's due in September, I know I can make it if I keep my head together :)

• I've decided to start a challenge again because I've fallen into some bad habits over the last month - I was doing very well, then had a great holiday/field trip (11 days hiking in Wales + a long weekend of dancing) which made me very happy, but knocked out my routine. I'm an MA student and am feeling the pressure from my studies. I also recently had some relationship issues, which are now resolved. My response to these things was to sleep as long as possible every day! I'm seeing a counsellor now, as a 'real life' accountibilibuddy - I thought checking in with the lovely folks on the forums here might help with the day-to-day.

Awesome that you recognize your bad habits and are prepared to deal with them!  Great challenge goals and I look forward to seeing you crush them!  Good luck and keep us updated!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

FIRST CHECK-IN = no change :)

• Neck: 34 cm
  • Shoulders: 41 cm, I think
  • Chest: 95 cm (held the tape wrong last time)
  • Bicep ®: 29.5 cm
  • Waist: 82 cm
  • Hips: 101 cm
  • Thigh ®: 85.5 cm
  • WEIGHT: 69.5 kg
  • HEIGHT: 172 cm 

STARTING PHOTOS exist, can be viewed in this album here  

BATTLE LOG Tuesday/Wednesday

Tuesday: ACTIVE REST DAY = 1 hour dance class.

Wesnesday: PULL DAY

• Rowing: 15:37@10/148cal/2847m
  • Assisted chin-ups: 3x10@45kg offset (OK at this level. Need to improve form before levelling up)
  • Dumbbell bicep curls: 3x10@6kg (Good, could go back to 8kg soon)
  • Barbell rows: 3x10@17.5kg (Good, definitely could go back to 20kg)
  • Mountain climbers: 3x10@BW (Ouch, need to work on form)
  • Twist crunches: 3x10@BW (OK, increase reps?)
  • Side plank: 2x30sec@full extension (2 on both sides - levelled up! Was up to 2x1min each side on knees)
  • Stretches (Surprising how little leg flexibility I've lost over the last month)

GOALS Tues/Wed

FITNESS AND FOOD:

1. Gym attendance: WIN/WIN
  2. Stretches: WIN/WIN
  3. Packed lunch: NOPE/WIN (*and*  packed dinner too)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE

1. 7:30 am wakeup: WIN/WIN
  2. 9-5 workday, no social media: WIN/WIN

NEW CHALLENGE, SAME BATTLE LOG

Starting 1 day late... handed in the last of my coursework yesterday after far too long without sleep.

3 June - off day

4 June - 

FITNESS AND FOOD:

1. Gym?
  2. Stretch?
  3. Good lunch? 1 pt. Home baked bread with tuna mayo and sliced tomato with piece of gouda cheese. Yum. 

LEVEL UP MY LIFE

1. Up by 8am? 1 pt
  2. Work 9 - 5? Not today - my day off!

Check in : weight 68.5kg

How is the social media blocking going? I find this sort of thing very difficult to deal with. Do you get that urge to just turn off the program or does it help you to stay off

It's good if I remember to turn it on at the start of the day. Otherwise I'm doomed. I use a mac, and run a free program called Self Control. You enter sites/domains onto a blacklist and then turn on self control for a set amount of time. And then you have to wait. Even rebooting the computer, or uninstalling self control entirely, won't let you access those sites until the time is up. It's useful just knowing I have it on. It's almost habit, when I get a bit of writer's block, to open a new tab and go look at a webcomic or whatever, but knowing that I can't do that because self control is turned on means that I'm less likely to open a tab. On a good day, I don't need self control turned on - but other days, it really helps.

I also use pomodoro timer apps sometimes as a way of breaking up my study day, because it's really easy for me to get lost in whatever I'm doing. (I seem to operate at extremes, I either completely fail to concentrate and get no work done, or I zone out totally and will work on a project without break for 8-9 hours).

I know there are lots of free pc apps like self control and pomodoro too but I've not tried them. I would recommend giving one a go as I've found them very useful, provided I have the discipline in the morning to turn them on!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines