Out of the comfort zone

Books bore me now. This is because I only go for things that are similar to what I've already read, and ignore what's different. I'm ashamed and slightly disgusted by my attitude. Not sure if I even like my favourites anymore. Do you ever feel like you only go back to something out of habit or nostalgia? It's like that. But picking books at random won't do any good, so I need recommendations!

What are the books you think everyone should read? Don't care what genre, or if you think they're embarrassing. Trying to start over with no preconceptions about any type of literature.

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

I was stuck for a long time, unable to buy new authors.  Eventually, I discovered that pretty much any book published by Baen books would be something I would love.  It was incredibly liberating to be able to go to the bookstore and always find something new.

Books everyone should read:

Tao te Ching
The Complete Tales of Winnie-The-Pooh

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I am currently reading the Richest Man in Babylon.  Was referenced to this book from another book and/or blog about how to manage money.  It's an interesting read, written as a fiction book, tells a series of stories.  When I am done with it I plan on handing it off to someone else because I feel like it is a very useful book with a lot of lessons taught in it.

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

"The Icewind Dale Trilogy" R.A. Salvatore

"Fight Club" Chuck Palahniuk

"The Iliad" Homer

these are some of my favorites currently. granted, i've recently just re-read them...

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

OOO I love R.A Salvatore!!!!

as far as books everyone should read:

The Art of War and LoTR(i have yet to do this myself....)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I take it you are probably suffering from Fiction fatigue? Perhaps too many 'nerdish' books? (I often suffer the same)

If so, try Tiger Force. Both Michael Sallah and Mitch Weiss (the authors) and Joe Mahr won the Pulitzer Prize for investigative journalism after the book was published. A seriously worthy history read which I found somewhat confronting.

Another option (more educational) is On Killing. A great piece of research into the psychology of killing. Very interesting.

And lastly, if you can get your hands on a copy, the biography FireForce is great.

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil