No registered users viewing this page.

Junglizer

Junglizer Challenge 2 (RSG BW R1)

8oz whole milk

1/2 cup oats

1 cup frozen sliced strawberries

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1.5 scoops protein powder

I did a quick add on the ingredients this morning. About 635 calories and 47.5 grams of protein.

How are you doing the close hand push ups? Try putting your hands in a "goal post" formation where only your thumbs touch instead of the traditional "diamond". Also try keeping your elbows closer to your ribs as opposed to flared out to the sides. I hope that helps!

It looks like everything else is going good! Keep upping that food intake and try to get some vegetables in there.

How are you doing the close hand push ups? Try putting your hands in a "goal post" formation where only your thumbs touch instead of the traditional "diamond". Also try keeping your elbows closer to your ribs as opposed to flared out to the sides. I hope that helps!

It looks like everything else is going good! Keep upping that food intake and try to get some vegetables in there.

Yes, I'm doing the "goal post" ones, as that's how it was in the video Steve made. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my elbows, I'll have to keep that in mind tonight. The milk is going pretty good, and I'm trying to eat carrots or (spinach) salad with my meals also.

Yes, I'm doing the "goal post" ones, as that's how it was in the video Steve made. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my elbows, I'll have to keep that in mind tonight. The milk is going pretty good, and I'm trying to eat carrots or (spinach) salad with my meals also.

I can't even fathom the amount of milk you're consuming. The dairy devil makes my stomach crawl just thinking about it. :P

Do you do any other tricep specific stuff Jung?

Nope, I don't really know what else to do. I'm pretty much just using the stock BW R1 routine from the RSG, although I just mentioned in the squad thread that I was contemplating adding some more ab specific exercises.

@sandman I'm not quite up to GOMAD level, but it's quite a bit more than LOMAD (which is a Liter a day, and each gallon is 3.78 liters). Pint glass is a good choice for consumption, and adding it into the shakes as well.

For abs, I am working to be able to do pikes again, they are the trickiest ab thing I know, they use allllll of your core muscles

http://www.livestrong.com/article/98676-ab-pike-exercise/

To work up to them I am doing an activity I am coining the "ab and back blitz" I do 10 back exentions between each ab set

50 toe touches (lie on your back, feet in the air, you should lift the top quarter off the mat and feel it in your upper abs)

50 scullers (named after sculling (rowing where each rower has two oars, fyi). Sit on a mat and start the movement with your arms out and your legs bent and tucked as close to your chest as possible. In a smooth, controlled motion, extend your legs and simultaneously bring your arms in. You will need to lower your upper torso a little during the movement to maintain balance. Balancing is a little tricky)

50 leg pushes (these may have a real name this is what I would call them though-if you can get someone to help it's great, if not you can do it on your own. Lie on your back legs in the air again. If you have a buddy have them stand behind your head-you can grab their ankles if they are cool with that- and have them push your feet down to the ground as hard as they can, it is your job to stop your feet before they hit and bring them back up, if you do side to side you will hit other muscles too)

Bam, gym free ab workout. You will feel it, if you don't do it again

Yeah, very similar but the speed o the wheel and fixed arm position makes it tough.

I have and article somewhere that lists like 18 ab exercises and there abdominal stimulation in a % kind of way.

I agree, but it is a very interesting book. Some of the same concepts can easily be applied to other things, logic and an sciencey stuff is pretty good. The "slow carb" diet seems to be fairly effective also.

How'd the day play out for you Junglizer?

Could have gone better, had a few beers after work with some pizza (bacon popper pizza, from the creators of Bacon Fest! served at a Chinese restaurant, awesome). And missed my workout. Also my phone started some Bermuda Triangle bullshit where people were getting calls from me when it wasn't even on. Sucked 2 other people into this trifecta of fail, and we all had to coordinate a window to kill our phones to fix it.

Was able to figure out my PHP/SQL script though. I was pretty pumped about that. It launches an X11 forwarded xterm window with a telnet session spawned off of the IP of a device in our event monitoring software. Database dips and all. Today however, I'm working on some Perl connections to pull data metrics off of fiber nodes over TL1. I get excitement from the variety at least. So that's good.

Planning on doing my workout over lunch, even if it's just a shortened version, like I mentioned in the squad thread.

That's why I love Mondays (that sounds more optimistic that it is, there are a lot of reasons that Mondays and I don't get along too) it is time to wipe the weekend bad habits clear and start a new healthy week :)

Well I don't know the exact numbers, but I did a lot better a solid 7 CUs, almost 8 on average. Pretty close to a full regular pull up too! Hands a bit closer in though, none of that crazy way out grip stuff yet.

Well I've done pretty terrible this week. Lack luster on work outs and I'm basically out of food. I have been cleaning my apartment though. Got a lot of dishes to do tonight, but I sorted and washed most of my laundry. I also organized some of the clutter that had just been piling up (under the laundry :/ ). I have a lot of mail/bills/statements to sort through but I don't think that should take too long. Should be able to get a decent amount of groceries this evening, I hope.

Was going to go on Tuesday, but there was a 1 mile run event to kick off the Drake Relays so my main way out of town was blocked off. Tried to go yesterday but the street near the store was all blocked off with cops and firetrucks. Have no idea what was going on there. Didn't really feel like driving way out of the way to make it to the other grocery store since I was on my way back home anyways. I'll survive. I have a lot of shredded cheese and tuna fish.

I've fallen off the wagon a bit, but I did work out a bit this past week. It was a bit short as I had to run. I made it to the store, got more milk and frozen fruit. I should be able to whip up some more shakes now. Today is Monday so that means workout day! I need to hop to it. I do think I found something that might help me out. Simple reward type stuff. Just on a whim I checked Addict Clothing (one of my favorite UK clothing lines) and found this friggin' sweet shirt. So I think If I can get back into the groove and stick with it I'll buy it for myself. Addict has suh-weeet stuff, but it's pretty pricey. This shirt's like $50 USD:

COURAGE:

Posted Image