Gold Medal Bodies/Floor

I am thinking about buying GMB/Floor 1. Those of you that have it-how useable is it? Or the progressions easy to follow? Does it give you step by step how to's-? . Do you find yourself using it or is it just in a drawer someplace? If it isn't being used , why, or if you use it what do you really like about it? It looks good, but it is also $$$ .  It includes videos and a manual so I think it has enough stuff to  justify the cost, but only if it is something that is helpful. I don't want to pay that money and then have it to decorate my bookshelf :playful:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Kibcy and I used it for three weeks during the last challenge.  I consider all of the GMB courses to be excellent value for their money.  I am not currently using it because my life got crazy and hectic with moving and starting a new job.

Potential concerns:

They do not start at an absolute zero.  If your abilities are below their unstated starting point, you will need to ask for their assistance (or the assistance of others) to come up with early progressions that can successfully lead to the bottom rungs of their exercises.  I helped Kibcy come up with some early alternatives for things like overhead bent arm strength, and I had to use some creativity to develop good alternatives to early shrimp squats.

Potential highlights:

I absolutely love the development of skill over reps.  This focus makes the entire program so much more enjoyable than something like Convict Conditioning, etc.  I never felt bored (yes, in the three weeks I used it), because I was focused on performing to the best skill level I was capable of.

Really cool or fun skills.  Squat tuck jumps.  Standing broad jumps.  Handstands.  The programs and flow are fun and exciting, and as you develop skill, can be quite beautiful as well.

Limited coaching with the guys of GMB, who, lets face it, are pretty awesome.  I'm also a lifetime member of the Alpha Posse.  The GMB community is smaller than NF, but their people are passionate, and they achieve remarkable things all the time.

Recommendation:

If you are considering this program, then I think there is a really good chance that you will enjoy it.  It won't appeal to everyone, but I think it does a great job of appealing to the appropriate audience.

Just my $0.02.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Kibcy and I used it for three weeks during the last challenge.  I consider all of the GMB courses to be excellent value for their money.  I am not currently using it because my life got crazy and hectic with moving and starting a new job.

Potential concerns:

They do not start at an absolute zero.  If your abilities are below their unstated starting point, you will need to ask for their assistance (or the assistance of others) to come up with early progressions that can successfully lead to the bottom rungs of their exercises.  I helped Kibcy come up with some early alternatives for things like overhead bent arm strength, and I had to use some creativity to develop good alternatives to early shrimp squats.

Potential highlights:

I absolutely love the development of skill over reps.  This focus makes the entire program so much more enjoyable than something like Convict Conditioning, etc.  I never felt bored (yes, in the three weeks I used it), because I was focused on performing to the best skill level I was capable of.

Really cool or fun skills.  Squat tuck jumps.  Standing broad jumps.  Handstands.  The programs and flow are fun and exciting, and as you develop skill, can be quite beautiful as well.

Limited coaching with the guys of GMB, who, lets face it, are pretty awesome.  I'm also a lifetime member of the Alpha Posse.  The GMB community is smaller than NF, but their people are passionate, and they achieve remarkable things all the time.

Recommendation:

If you are considering this program, then I think there is a really good chance that you will enjoy it.  It won't appeal to everyone, but I think it does a great job of appealing to the appropriate audience.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks Mily, this is very helpful.

incorrect

nothing fun/cool about this. They suck- on an exponential level.

LMAO

ninja tuck jumps are cool- but are an elevated level of suck as well 

:D

I guess I'll have to put my vote in later for whether they are cool or suck. Probably both for me too- I like the strength I get from jumping but I usually whine about how hard they are too :playful:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I have to admit that I love jumping.  Pretty much all kinds of jumping.  Back when I had 11 foot ceilings, I used to practice over and over and over, until I could consistently hit the ceiling at the top of a jump.  I don't have that kind of space now, but I miss it.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I do enjoy the standing broad jump. Easier to test than the vert. I always try to make 2-3 jumps before I go for runs outside. Weather permitting though, I jump in the yard (marked out measurements with string nailed into the yard), if it has recently rained the yard turns to mud fast in the landing spot.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Yeah, I can see where the broad jumps would be fun because you can measure it. Reading the GMB site, they talk about how to jump and land safely, which should help my enjoyment. Part of the reason I don't like jumping is fear of injury, and no clue about what I'm doing. Hopefully something that tells me how to do it will make it both fun and strength building

Hey did you ever end up getting F1? I'm curious to see if anything came of it as I'm about to get involved :-)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yes and I loved it. Did  the complete workouts twice, and I still stuff I learned from it. Well worth the money.

Awesome, great to hear :-)

how did you find the hands backward press ups. I can't even do one from the knees. Do you have any easier progressions?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Can't remember if this is in warm up, or I got it from some of the other programs. But get on your hands and knees, turn your hands inwards and press. I think they have you do it as a warm up, but you could sub it in as that exercise, doing more reps and then a hold. If you can get into a plank (or knee plank) and hold it there, If you ask them, they are really good about answering questions. It was so hard when I started, but my wrists are so much stronger now.