Survey-What is the earliest you get up in the morning?

I have a quick survey for the rebellion, mostly since I'm trying to help motivate some friends:

What is the earliest you get up in the morning? And, what would you do with the time if you were to get up earlier?

For those of you who already do get up early, what motivates you?

Thanks!!

Victory is not a destination; it's a process.

I only get up early on race days or once a week for cross training. The reason for the once a week is so that I see sunshine and people at some point during the week.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

5:30. 

If I were to get up earlier (which I do sometimes in the summer), I would run a couple miles. It's actually kinda cool to run while the world is waking up. And it's good for waking me up.

What motivates me to get up? A paycheck :D Weekends I sleep in until 8.

• Like 1

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Earliest I get up is usually 5:30 am.  My alarm is set for around 6, which is still earlier than I need to get up to get ready for work.  I generally do some stretching in the morning. Or I'll pack up anything I forgot to do the night before.

If I wake up at 5:30 (not usually by choice but sometimes the body says so) I'll do some light yoga and leisurely drink some coffee whilst paying attention to my poor, unloved (that's their story and they're sticking to it) kittehs.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

For work days I'm up around 6:15 - motivation is work... I workout after work these days.

Weekend - Usually around 8:30 - I sign up for morning classes at the gym because they're less packed and I can get my workout 'out of the way'. I find that when I workout in the AM, come home and shower off, I get more out of my day/weekends. Sounds counterintuitive, but when I get up and go to the gym instead of sleep in, I feel MORE energized.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Earliest I get up is usually 5:30 am.  My alarm is set for around 6, which is still earlier than I need to get up to get ready for work.  I generally do some stretching in the morning. Or I'll pack up anything I forgot to do the night before.

If I wake up at 5:30 (not usually by choice but sometimes the body says so) I'll do some light yoga and leisurely drink some coffee whilst paying attention to my poor, unloved (that's their story and they're sticking to it) kittehs.

That's great! I think my main takeaway here is that I'm not the only person on the interwebs who uses "whilst" in normal conversation!

5:30. 

If I were to get up earlier (which I do sometimes in the summer), I would run a couple miles. It's actually kinda cool to run while the world is waking up. And it's good for waking me up.

What motivates me to get up? A paycheck :D Weekends I sleep in until 8.

Yes, I love getting a run in while the city still sleeps also.

I get up at minimum half an hour before I have to leave (that's how long I need to get going) so if I have to be at work by 8am I'm awake at 6:45 (45 minute drive to work)  Any earler and there had beter be an emergency.

I have never appreciated or liked the mornings. Ever!

STUBBORN IT UP!

I get up at 4:50, following my shower and breakfast, I have time for one episode of a sci-fi TV show on Netflix that the wife doesn't usually go for when she's awake. That's my guilty pleasure and why I've already shifted to waking up earlier :) Finished catching up on Dr. Who, currently going through ST:Voyager.

Out the door by 6 to start work at 7 (have an hour commute). No way am I getting up any earlier- but I've scheduled my day so that I hit the gym over my lunch hour and eat lunch piece by piece at my desk in the afternoon. I go for a run when I get home at 5, and dinner around 6:30. In bed by 9:30-10 on work nights.

Level 4 Woodchuck

STR 12 | DEX 9.5 | STA 8.5 | CON 8 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 9

Current challenge: UH60guy seeks his Groundhog Day

Previous challenges: 4 3 2 1

I get up at around 6am every day, even weekends. Some days I got to the gym before work, or do an hour of yoga, or just spend some time online or reading. I don't have any motivation, I'm just a total 'morning person' and find it impossible to sleep in or lay in bed for long after I've woken up.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I get up at minimum half an hour before I have to leave (that's how long I need to get going) so if I have to be at work by 8am I'm awake at 6:45 (45 minute drive to work)  Any earler and there had beter be an emergency.

I have never appreciated or liked the mornings. Ever!

I never used to be a morning person, but kids changed that.

• Like 1

I get up at around 6am every day, even weekends. Some days I got to the gym before work, or do an hour of yoga, or just spend some time online or reading. I don't have any motivation, I'm just a total 'morning person' and find it impossible to sleep in or lay in bed for long after I've woken up.

I can't stay still after waking up, either. That has lead to some veeeerrrrryyyyy early mornings.

I usually get up at 5:30. I really don't like rushing things, especially in the morning so this way I have 1 1/2 hours to prepare for school (equivalent to the Anglosaxon 'undergrad'). I'm currently trying to reintegrate Wing Chun form into my morning routine so I can head out with more focus.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

* I wouldn't necessarily call it "winning" :) Part necessity (7-4 work schedule plus hour commute) and part "life hacking" to get my daily nerd sci fi fix. Did it 10 minutes at a time over a few days (hence the 4:50), until I had my timing down to the minute: alarm to shower to breakfast to coffee and gradual wakeup with a single episode takes 1:10.

I used to do my exercising in the morning, but found for me that it was too easy to find an excuse to sleep in and skip it. That's why I moved gym time to the lunch hour- I'm already at work and out of the house, and the free gym is right here on the military base. Actually, having a TV episode in the morning with a set time of about 44 minutes keeps me from hitting the snooze- I have my timing down so that I know if I don't pop outta bed when the alarm goes off, I'll miss my secret nerding out time.

Level 4 Woodchuck

STR 12 | DEX 9.5 | STA 8.5 | CON 8 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 9

Current challenge: UH60guy seeks his Groundhog Day

Previous challenges: 4 3 2 1

That's great! I think my main takeaway here is that I'm not the only person on the interwebs who uses "whilst" in normal conversation!

Ha! yes!

731f76dd05eee09c04f5b8365f13770c-top-gun

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I get up between 6:30 and 7AM.  Actually, my challenge this go around involved me dropping my wake up time from more towards the 7-ish time frame (plus multiple snooze buttons) to the 6:30 time frame (sans snooze button).

I really don't need to be up that early, but I like working an 8-4 shift at work.  Gives me some quiet time before people come in and then I can leave before traffic gets bad in the afternoon.  And in the summer I have the benefit of getting more sun time!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Since I started the thread...

My alarm is set between 5 and 6. I get the oldest up for school at 7, so I like some time alone to exercise, read, or walk the dogs. Or all 3. I never really was a morning person through college, but having kids has changed that. I learned pretty quickly that if I don't get a workout in before one of them gets up, the idea's pretty much shot for the day.

Mainly, I really really really need to start avoiding the computer first thing in the morning. I sat there for 15 minutes this morning waiting on something to download and install instead of taking the girls (dogs) out.

* I wouldn't necessarily call it "winning" :) Part necessity (7-4 work schedule plus hour commute) and part "life hacking" to get my daily nerd sci fi fix. Did it 10 minutes at a time over a few days (hence the 4:50), until I had my timing down to the minute: alarm to shower to breakfast to coffee and gradual wakeup with a single episode takes 1:10.

I used to do my exercising in the morning, but found for me that it was too easy to find an excuse to sleep in and skip it. That's why I moved gym time to the lunch hour- I'm already at work and out of the house, and the free gym is right here on the military base. Actually, having a TV episode in the morning with a set time of about 44 minutes keeps me from hitting the snooze- I have my timing down so that I know if I don't pop outta bed when the alarm goes off, I'll miss my secret nerding out time.

Gotta have the nerd-out time! Glad you can get a lunch workout in! I've never really been able to get back into the swing of work after exercising mid-day.