Mother's Day Menu - Thoughts?

The in-laws are coming to visit this weekend so it should be all sorts of fun with 1) gimped husband 2) rain and thunderstorms and 3) rolling out the culinary red carpet.

The cooking part isn't necessarily the hard part, I know what they like, the hard part is balancing what they like vs. what I eat (80ish percent paleo, with dairy). For a whole weekend. And avoiding citrus and bacon and a bazillionty eggs because of Father-in-Law's heart issues.

So, here is where I'm thinking...

Snacks for when they get in Friday late

Assorted crudites, dried meats and cheese

Snacks for Tea

Dried Cherry Cream Drop Scones with Rhubarb and Berry compote (If I don't make scones they will pout. I make awesome scones)

Salted Maple Meringue Cookies (woot for having TONS of maple syrup)

Breakfast

Baked Eggs with Feta, spinach, sundried tomatoes and wild mushrooms (extra whites for Father-in-Law)

Lunch

Lobster salad with home made mayo (uses the yolk left from breakfast) and tarragon in lettuce cups

Dinner

Creamy Polenta with Roasted Lamb and Pea Shoots

Arugula salad with warm honey raspberry vinaigrette

Brunch

Frisee salad with shrimp and sunchokes

Rasberry Mint Mojitos

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Heh, I like to cook. I think that has made the transition to a more paleoish diet relatively painless for me. Though to be honest during the week it tends to be chicken thighs/porkchops/steak/fish just salt and peppered and thrown on the grill pan with steamed or sauteed whatever came in the veggie box. Never having had a huge processed food addiction is useful (who knew being raised too poor for kraft dinner was a good thing?), and part of why I think I'm not prone to gain weight around my stomach before any place else.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Heh, I like to cook. I think that has made the transition to a more paleoish diet relatively painless for me. Though to be honest during the week it tends to be chicken thighs/porkchops/steak/fish just salt and peppered and thrown on the grill pan with steamed or sauteed whatever came in the veggie box. Never having had a huge processed food addiction is useful (who knew being raised too poor for kraft dinner was a good thing?), and part of why I think I'm not prone to gain weight around my stomach before any place else.

Well, it all looks delicious.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27