Cynnister

Exercise Goals

Attend every roller derby practice & at least one speed skating lesson

What I hope to accomplish > Pass the skills test on 5/1/11 and make the team!

Run 3x/week

What I hope to accomplish > Running 3 miles straight by the end of 6 weeks to prepare for Warrior Dash in August.

Diet Goal

Maximums ~ Dine out once a week. One 20 oz soda bottle or Two 12 oz soda cans per week.

What I hope to accomplish > Bring weight under 215 lbs and stay below, save money and feel physically better without all the sugar, sodium and calories.

Life Goals

Begin or continue 5 and complete a different 5 items on my list of 101 Things in 1001 Days.

What I hope to accomplish > I love checking off lists! But also, to keep doing things I'd love to try and bringing my life in line with how I believe it should be.

Create a level-up guide for exercise and post to somewhere I'll see daily.

What I hope to accomplish > Keep in mind what needs to be done.

Create an inspiration jar (full of papers I create and randomly choose daily)

What I hope to accomplish > To stay inspired and on my fitness journey ~ especially on my less-than-stellar days..

A pic from this morning! :D

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood

Have you added any squat work to your schedule? Squats=strong ass=fast skating=hard hitting on the track. Good luck on your goals this challenge! :)

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

Thank you all! And yay - Warrior Dash first timers together! :D

Have you added any squat work to your schedule? Squats=strong ass=fast skating=hard hitting on the track.

Thank you for the reminder! Yes, I'll be adding squats daily - as well as lunges (good for getting up quickly after falls). And I recently bought an inflatable disc for balance (particularly good for one-foot balance).

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

Hey Cynnister! Thought I'd drop in on my fellow Druid and see how you are doing. Love the inspiration jar!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Hey Cynnister! Thought I'd drop in on my fellow Druid and see how you are doing. Love the inspiration jar!

Thanks for the pop in and I'm very excited about the inspiration jar! :D I'll take a pic when I'm done - or just let everyone know how I'm doing with it (might not be as "pretty" as I'm thinking it could be).

I so need to work on my balance. I might need to look into some balance related toys as well.

The one I picked up was $15 at Walmart, I believe. Cheap and it's really helpful. :)

UPDATE: Still making it to practices, didn't run 3x this week ~ but I ran 1x and did a 3 mile American Heart Assoc Heart Walk, so I'm counting that. Oh, and we run a lot before every practice. I won't count that, but it's certainly helpful! And I did cave and have another soda this week. But two in a week isn't bad at all!

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

Thanks! And yes, Roller Derbying *should* be the correct verb for it. :)

214.4! Hell's yeah! But I won't count it "official" until Friday. Then I will have reached my under 215 goal for these 6 weeks and just to stay under, I will be happy.

Started this weeks 1 20 oz-er last night during my utterly boring notary public class. Ugh. That was a waste of 3 hrs. I know I didn't need the soda, I had a liter of ice water and I was awake, I think I bought it to keep me "busy" - I would drink from the soda then the water then the soda... Weird.

Still working on getting rid of 100 things (one of the goals on my 101 Things list) - cat bed (I don't even have cats anymore!), cd racks and a rain coat. Oh! And I've hung a piece of my artwork in my home. I didn't think about it as that, but it's the first roller derby bout poster for this season and I vectored it up! I hung it near my computer to help me with the other 3 posters that still need to be finished. Excellent. One item continued and another finished! I also consider my item "DO NOT GET MARRIED" as continued, but I won't count it just yet.

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

Thank you all! And yay - Warrior Dash first timers together!

Okay, I finally checked out this Warrior Dash thing. Freakin' AWESOME! Mud! Beer! Helmets! Once my 10K is done in July, I'll be looking for one of these babies in my area!

Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Okay, I finally checked out this Warrior Dash thing. Freakin' AWESOME! Mud! Beer! Helmets! Once my 10K is done in July, I'll be looking for one of these babies in my area!

That's what I'm saying! This is my kind of 5K. :)

Isn't it amazing how stuff like that manages to stick around well beyond its usefulness? Good job decluttering.

Thanks! After a bunch more things packed to donate or thrown away, I'm over halfway to my 100. :D

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

After a bunch more things packed to donate or thrown away, I'm over halfway to my 100. :D

Oooh! Don't it feel good!

Human Adventurer

I'm totally thinking I need to look into this day zero project thing. Maybe I can make a joint list with the husband. Or a long distance buddy of mine who is totally lacking motivation in his life right now.

I highly recommend it! I love the feeling of accomplishment and it helps to push me to do those things that I tend to put in the back of my mind... I just wrote "You are Beautiful" in a public bathroom stall - first time ever in my life and checked off the list.

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

That's some graffiti I can appreciate. :)

I seriously do need to forward that site to some people. I have a friend right now who is very unhappy, lacking any motivation to change things & is trying to suck my happiness and motivation. Is there a polite way to say "You're an energy vampire go make some % goals for your life?" Hallmark should make a card for that.

I highly recommend it! I love the feeling of accomplishment and it helps to push me to do those things that I tend to put in the back of my mind... I just wrote "You are Beautiful" in a public bathroom stall - first time ever in my life and checked off the list.

Just stopped in to say - BEST graffiti ever!

Was also looking at the day zero - pretty cool - thanks for sharing and congratz on your progress!

Is there a polite way to say "You're an energy vampire go make some % goals for your life?" Hallmark should make a card for that.

Haha! They *seriously* should... I know a couple people I could send that to. Hmm, maybe someecards.com has that one.

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

I am hovering above and below 215 now... I decided to check my calories, yesterday I was *just* over 1200. Okay, that was only one day, but I might be starving myself here!

I'm finally going back to the gym (I haven't been running as planned). Yesterday I ran/walked 3 miles around the track (1st mile ran, 2nd mile 2 laps ran/2 laps walked splits & 3rd mile ½ lap walk/½ lap sprint). The 3rd mile was fun and tiring! Then some leg work.

Today 10 min cardio and upper body abs. Also, I re-learned that I should have a plan when I go to the gym (or I'm losing precious work out time deciding what to do).

And learned again to stop weighing myself daily - it's depressing...! I put a sticky note over the number window so I can remind myself to only check on Fridays (need to do that for stickk.com) :)

I am starting to formulate the plan for the inspiration jar/box/bin.

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

Excellent work on the interval running. And I agree 100% about having a plan in advance. I started using a little book in addition to logging my workouts in a Google spreadsheet and am way more efficient than I was before.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines