sylkamaru, my road to become a Saiyan

Hi everyone !

First a piece of explanation about the title of my log.

Since a little time, I'm much on street  workout and bar hitting for fitness.

And on a site I used to follow, they had a series of progression which consists of saiyan level.

As a pure geek, and specially a DBZ fan, I could not resist the possibility to say one day :

"I'm a Super Saiyan... My power is OVER NINE THOUSANDS !!!!"

My first goal is the Saiyan level requirements.

As the site is under maintenance, the link on my signature doesn't work right now, but here is a video with the first level requirements :

I pass none of them now.

I'm close for back lever (I do the straddle), hanging leg raises, L Seat, weighted dips

I'm in galaxy far far away for muscle up, front lever, tuck planche

I'll keep you posted

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Ok !

Did not have much motivation tonight but thanks to a Rebel here, I promise I would not let him sweat alone and find the will to make a workout

(ok, it was a short one, but it's better than nothing, isn't it ? :))

Little warm up (about 5 min)

- jumping jacks, shadow boxing, few push ups, few pull ups, a little dynamic streching

As always, I organize a static hold + bodyweight drills

- Back lever + weighted dips (15 kgs)

Straddle variation : about 5 secs, for 4 sets

dips : 3 - 2 - 2 - 2

I was happy for the back lever, because it was quite clean, but my feet was very wide apart. If I keep it clean, next time I'll put them a little closer

About the dips, I'm working toward 5 reps with 20 kgs. It was my first time with 15 kgs.

- Front lever + plyo pull ups (preparation for muscle up)

tuck variation : was soooooo hard ! I don't think I did even 2 secs (tried about 5 sets)... actually I think weighted dips killed my arms a little bits

plyo pull ups : 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2... woow... was also my first time tests... and there sooooo much work than normal pull ups. I can handle about 10 pull ups, and about 5 pull ups with 8 kgs, but these one were soooo difficult

- L Seat + piked push ups (preparation for handstand push ups)

I was close to 20 secs on the real variation !!!!! Then another 10, and then got to the tuck one, 20 secs + 20 secs

push ups : 7 + 7 + 7  + 6

- tuck planche + push ups

variation advance frog stand (frog stand with arm straight and knees on the arms) : killed my shoulders, and equilibrium was hard to find

I did my best of 15 secs but I'm did fall quite often (about 6 sets total, included the good ones and the falls)

I was so sore with the others that I didn't manage to make even 10 push ups

I then called it a day. Took me about 40 min.

And I was great because at wasn't motivated to do anything but got some good news (clean straddle back lever, 20 secs on the L-Seat...)

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Awesome, brother. It's those days where you're not really feeling it but go for it anywhere when you say to yourself "what was I thinking this is freaking great!"

Congrats on the clean straddle back lever (that sounds awfully like some seedy sexual position). All these terms quite simply confuse me lol. The L-seat, I get. My compliments ;) If the frog stand is what I think it is, I incorporate this into my yoga routine, dig your elbows into your legs and keep your hands solid. Try a squeezy hand ball in your down time, builds grip strength, dexterity and gives you a freakish amount of energy for something so insignificant seeming.

Sounds really good fun!

Umbongo

Ethereal Druid - Level 1

The Witch Doctor Trials, 1.

| Con 4 | Sta 3 | Wis 3 | Str 2 | Dex 2 | Cha 1 |

-Maiaverepauradiessere senzapaura-

So, my friend, today has been a quiet day for us both, it would seem. The road to becoming a super saiyan is not without obstacle or peril and one must regains ones' mind in order to remain strong in the cause. Alas, tomorrow is the weekend. Will we choose to stand tall...

Umbongo

Ethereal Druid - Level 1

The Witch Doctor Trials, 1.

| Con 4 | Sta 3 | Wis 3 | Str 2 | Dex 2 | Cha 1 |

-Maiaverepauradiessere senzapaura-

Was great !

Cold and rainy, but the races were intense !!! Marquez is a real genius

Big battle for first place until the middle of the race, then Pedrosa took a big lead, and then big battle for 2nd and 3rd place

Good atmosphere, I was with 3 friends, lots of fun !

Tomorrow, back in the bizness, and it's a freeday for us here ! so tomorrow ! I'm gonna make that great of a workout !

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Wow !!! Damn it, that was good today !

As I was out for the week end, and having a friend at home last week, it was light, so today I wanted to give it all and worked quite well !

Today was a freeday for me, then I decided to give it a little time. Here is the workout (took me one hour and a half total) :

- Warm up : little bouncing, jumping jack, little dynamic stretching, few push ups

- Snatch grip deadlifts : 5 x 5 , 76 kgs

Nailed it !!!! (I even fool myself because first two reps, I took my conventional weight : 90 kgs and I was like "WOOOWWW !!!! WHY THE FU** IS THIS SO HARD !!!")

When I found out my mistake, I got to my last value for snatch grip deadlift and got it !

- Snatch grip deadlift : personal record : 94 kgs, 2 reps

My previous PR (1 rep max) for this drill was 92 kgs. But as I did manage to make two reps at 90 and finish well my 5x5 at 76 kgs I was like

"MAAANNN !!! I'M SURE I CAN BREAK MY PREVIOUS ONE"

I put 94 kgs ! got one ! I was so pumped up I said  : "FU** THAT !!! I'M CAN MAKE ONE MORE !!!" I got it, and then lay down with fatigue, head turning, but so proud

I changed my structure because of the deadlifts

- Planche variation, advance tuck : 5 secs / 5 secs / 5 secs / 5 secs / 15 secs / 20 secs

Actually my first holds of 5 secs, I was falling backward because of equilibrium. So I did my best not to let my weight going back.

Got the first 15 secs, but fall on my head :) I put some pillows, and give it another try, and got the 20 secs, my best time so far (also hit the pillows :))

- Plyo pull ups (for muscle ups preparations) : 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2

I think I increase a little bit my range of motion. But it was hard. I think I need some more workouts to make more reps. I prefer handle technique for this.

Besides I have others drills that work my back so I was ok with this

- L-Seat : official variation : 5 secs / 10 secs / 20 secs, tuck variation : 30 secs

5 and 10 secs were quite easy and I decided to give it a try for the 30 secs L-Seat (which is a step for the Saiyan requirements)

I missed it and did 20 secs, but only because my thighs began to cramp ! I was quite disappointed because I think my core was ready, and my arms too.

I will work on that from now. That's why I tried to 30 secs on tuck variation ! and got it !!

- Piked push up (preparation for wall handstand push ups) : 7 - 6 - 5

I was beginning to become quite sore with the workout, and specially on the shoulder which were quite sore because of the planche.

- Front lever variation : tuck : a few sets of a few secs

Damn ! This one is my weak point. It is quite hard on arms (besides they were already worked with L-Seats)

- Two fingers hang (preparation for two fingers pull ups) : few sets of few secs

Haaaaarrrddd !! :) But it is my third time I do. It will need time to grow grip strength in fingers

- Weighted dips, 15 kgs (Saiyan requirements is 5 reps with 17 kgs) : 2 - 2 - 2

was too sore and was not stable (I use trestles). So I kept it safe. I begin to feel the need of some correct equipment for dips.

- Back lever variation : 5 secs straddle / 5 secs normal / 5 secs straddle

My first straddle was quite OK, so I decided to give a try to the normal variation ! It last about 5 secs !!!!! I think I'll do more of them now

But it depleted so the next one was straddle. My arm almost failed on the last one. I kept it safe, and called it a day.

I wanted to finish me up with a 41 kgs 20 reps front squat but was already too sore. It was already a 1h30 workout.

It wouldn't have been safe. I let it go. As I did good on deadlifts, it was ok.

I'm so glad of this workout ! I think my light week and my week end out at the Moto Grand Prix just gave me enough rest to fully recover

I increase well on my deadlift PR, my back lever (manage the normal variation) and the planche (greatly increase my time and equilibrium)

I don't think it would be like this everytime :)

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Arrhhhhh

little fall on my path today !

Monday was that great of a workout ! I was a little easy today

We were having a party with old collegues, having nice evening.

Eating, drinking a little, no enough to make myself dance naked on the tables, but enough to make me skip the workout today.

(it would not have been safe to try back levers while a little "happy" :))

It would have been a light one, because of monday's workout, and because tomorrow I have MMA training

So, thumbs up for the bonding and social life, thumbs down for the missed workout

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Let me be Krillin to your Goku and try to join you.  Where do I begin?  I don't think I can do any of the above.

| LVL1 | Human | Ranger/Monk | Neutral Good w/ chaotic tendencies|

| Male | 33 years | 5'7" |168 lbs | Right-handed |

| STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2 |

Progress Photos Album

Character attributes: Especially self-critical and self-condemning.  Possesses strong polymathic potential, but circumstances, time and the will toward achieving that potential remain in constant fluctuation. Indecisiveness leads to indecision and determination must be coupled with foreseeable goals. Emotional quotient and empathic ability is high.  However, with indifferent resignation, can be detached from people and places .   

Come on !

Everybody's welcome ! The more we are, the more the Saiyan army will grow, until we take over the planet and kick Freeza's making him regret to have destroy our planet !!!!!

The base is : push ups (for pushing moves) pull ups (for pulling moves) hanging and play on bars (to handle the bar and for grip strength) and core (plank, leg raises) (because strength always pass in the core)

As a start you can design something around these few moves. I'd had squat to avoid having big upper body on chicken legs, but it's not mandatory for bar hitting and for the Saiyan requirements.

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Bit of the down of the hill for me these times...

Had my mom at my place for a few weeks... And I find it really awkward to workout while someone's in the room

So I have to give it all during my boxing / mma training, but last night I went to a concert (Wu Tang) and did catch a cold...

So no boxing training for me tonight

I'm more like Krilin than Vegeta

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

I finally manage to take the little bit of motivation that remains and did a little one

About half an hour, very simplified workout

Hip push ups, very slow tempo

Chin ups, very slow tempo

Planche, adv. tuck variation, less than ten secs... still because of equilibrium... I think I fear to lean forward

Tuck front lever, was good I think I can try to extend myself a little bit

Tried L Seat but my arms was shaking, I think I did too muche on planche

kinda proud because of the circumstances even if it's a very little one

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

Here I go with with another round of "workout while fighting illness to the death" (no I'm not exagerating at all... I'm totally not this kind of guy who thinks he's gonna die because he has a little cough... or am I ?)

Little Warmup with jumping, few push up, few chin ups

- Almost got that 30 secs L-Seat !!!!! I tried it one of the first thing to be sure I have not exhaust my arms with other drills.

At 25" my legs began to down, my back and core began to fail, I touched the floor at about 28" I think !

was so close !!!!! I'll get it soon !!!!

- Tuck front lever : few secs. It real voids me. perhaps I should put it at the total end of the workout

- super sets of chin ups / hip push ups : 5 / 10, 3 / 10, 2 / 8,

waaassss really hard because of this damn front lever

- adv. tuck planche : Big breakthrough yesterday : my hands were actually too close. I took a larger stance and manager to gain a little on equilibrium

got a few sets of 10", 15"

- squats with 2 x 12 kgs kettlebells : 13 + 10. It was actually my shoulders that couldn't

- few abs drills : lying hang raise with ankle weights, plank

Took a bit more that half an hour. It's ok for me as it was a "ill" workout.

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log