First, do it. Second, do it well. Third, do it well and fast

A quote from one of my biggest inspirations, David Belle.

Hey there, my name is Rhayne, and I'm a 23-year-old 3D artist living in Winnipeg (Canada).

I'm here to quit all my excuses and give my all to a life I've always wanted. I'm finally working in my field, and I want the rest of my life to reflect the success I'm slowly achieving and the obstacles I'm slowly clearing. 

Since middle school my weight has fluctuated, constantly rising at a steady pace. In the last five years I've gained 30lbs, dropped 15, gained another 45, dropped 30 and gained another 10. To say I've been consistently a mess is not even coming close to it. 

This is me coming clean so that I can finally build upon a good foundation, rather then add to a crumbling pile of reasons and excuses. 

For as long as I can remember I have been an eclectic nerd, and the things that motivate, inspire and drive my need to be fit are action films. Sci fi action, action adventure, hell even video games. Characters like Nathan Drake, Catwoman, Thor, Lara Croft, Kazuma Kiryu, Rambo, Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, the list goes on... I look at these iconic characters/people and want to kick just as much... yea you got it haha. 

I've been checking out this community for a while, but anything I've been doing in the meantime hasn't been working. Its time for something different, to stay consistent, and to push myself harder then ever before and have a community who will push me too-- and won't look at me funny when I say I want to dress as the female Nathan Drake when I do Mudhero... ;)

Goals. 

1. Prepare an arsenal of vegetarian recipes and meals and stick to it! (I've been a vegetarian for over a year now)

2. Create a routine that I stick to for 30 days AT THE LEAST. Document my progress as much as possible.

3. Join 6-week challenge.

4. Prepare for MudHero (help meeee, I don't even know where to start haha)

5. Get into Parkour

6. Yellow Belt in Aikido (I have 20 more hours to put in, but it doesn't start again till September)

I chose the assassin class because if my life were an action flick thats exactly what I would be!! 

"May my enemies live long so they may see me progress" - Ninja (Die Antwoord)

Lights! Camera! NEVERENDING ACTION! Hahaha Welcome Rhayne! :D Seems like you got a full arsenal of goals and with that shall rock out that female Nathan Drake and be running away from explosions in no time~! (Remember: Cool guys don't look at explosions HEH)

Hahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Amen!

Lights! Camera! NEVERENDING ACTION! Hahaha Welcome Rhayne! :D Seems like you got a full arsenal of goals and with that shall rock out that female Nathan Drake and be running away from explosions in no time~! (Remember: Cool guys don't look at explosions HEH)

welcome to the group.  I know a lot of people usually chose adventurer for their first 6-week challenge since it's all about setting up a good foundation with eating habits/workout routines.  that's what I've done my first time around.  slow and steady wins the race lara.

I definitely understand that battle with weight. I flux 20 lbs every few months!

If you're trying to get into parkour, my college friends and I used to play a game we called ultimate freeze tag. Find a local playground and it's basically grown-up the 'floor is lava' game mixed with freeze tag. Awesome fun!

Goals.

6. Yellow Belt in Aikido (I have 20 more hours to put in, but it doesn't start again till September)

Do you find Aikido to be fairly rewarding?  I've been looking into a few martial arts and that one seemed to be the most interesting to me.  Also, is it a good workout? :confused:

I definitely understand that battle with weight. I flux 20 lbs every few months!

If you're trying to get into parkour, my college friends and I used to play a game we called ultimate freeze tag. Find a local playground and it's basically grown-up the 'floor is lava' game mixed with freeze tag. Awesome fun!

Thats a great idea, I think I have a few friends who'd be willing to give it a try! 

welcome to the group.  I know a lot of people usually chose adventurer for their first 6-week challenge since it's all about setting up a good foundation with eating habits/workout routines.  that's what I've done my first time around.  slow and steady wins the race lara.

Terosx, I thought about that as well. I really want to get into the assassin side of things but as I'm just building a routine and a proper meal guide for myself perhaps adventurer would be best! I'll give it some thought.

Welcome Rhayne! Your goals are awesome :D no time like the present hey?

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Welcome, fellow newbie!

I've only been a part of this community for a little while, but the support here is fantastic. We'll go far together!

tumblr_lx76f1zpDt1qkdhsx.gif

Thanks I really appreciate that! I've been looking for something like this for a long time, it'll be nice to have support and also see us all transform together. Autobots....roll out! :P

tumblr_lsyq3kIoAg1qfb6oso1_250.gif

Hello and welcome !

Quoting David Belle, a future Assassin I presume :)

You got also some good inspirations : Nathan Drake, Gina Carano... me likey

Looking forward to see your evolution

Thank you! I figure Nathan drake is a good role model for scaling buildings, sometimes getting hurt but never letting that stop him, and for the 'play' aspect of being an assassin. I want to have fun with this as much as I can--otherwise whats the point? :)

Do you find Aikido to be fairly rewarding?  I've been looking into a few martial arts and that one seemed to be the most interesting to me.  Also, is it a good workout? :confused:

I really like Aikido, but I would say its not the most amazing workout. The warm up, and some of the base routine stuff is difficult but you will sometimes find yourself standing around just learning about things not really getting a work out in. BUT it will teach you great discipline, strength, and if you practiced these techniques daily it would definitely have an effect on your body and mind. On top of that the techniques you learn for disarming situations are incredibly handy and can be used in real world situations, like if someone pulled a gun on you etc. 

Exactly! Time goes on whether we like it or not, and if I keep hoping for that someday... I'll never reach it. There isn't any other time like today, and right now! :D

Thank you! I figure Nathan drake is a good role model for scaling buildings, sometimes getting hurt but never letting that stop him, and for the 'play' aspect of being an assassin. I want to have fun with this as much as I can--otherwise whats the point? :)

Amen to that !

No amusement, no glory (or perhaps it is nuts... or guts... damnit !)

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log