I'm back and I met Steve!

Hello!

I frequented Steve's blog and  these forums last year, and loved the people I met and the knowledge/information that others had to pass on. 

I have always strived for fitness as a lifetime habit, but before I found NerdFitness, I had hit a bit of a plateau and was not sure what to do next.  I Google searched fitness topics and theories. Then I came across this :http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/01/what-burns-more-calories-cardio-intervals-or-weight-training/

Definitely opened my eyes.  My fitness routines consisted of rolling around on the elliptical and I lifted weights, but only little and light weights, as well attended my gym's Body Pump. Now, a year and a half later, I've increased my squat from squatting with 5 lb dumbells to 115, benching from the bar to 95 lbs. :nevreness:

I still use the elliptical, but only as a supplement (like walking) and added in Zumba and Cardio Blast classes for interval training. 

I also have dropped from 26% to 22% BF in the last two years. 

So, a month ago, at my gym in Nashville, I was walking to my class and, who is standing near the pullup station?  Steve!  I went right up to him and introduced myself and proceeded to tell him my lifting stats :stupid:  Needless to say, I was a little starstruck!  Such a nice guy.  I've seen him a couple more times around (doing his gymnastics and pullups), but leaving him alone, ha ha.

Thanks, Steve, for the inspiration!

(trying to add pictures, and it's not behaving-refer to my profile for before and after pics)

just keep on trucking...

Awesome story! Do you mean body pump as in goodlife fitness? They have a body pump class as well. I've been going there for a few months, but haven't set up a proper routine. Did body pump help you or free weights?

"May my enemies live long so they may see me progress" - Ninja (Die Antwoord)

Hello !

A lifter sister !

For the sake our sisters there  with wrong ideas, your mission as a Rebel is to spread the word that it didn't bulk you up

to let them put down the machines with itsy bitsy weights and take the big one, the barbell, the free weight, the path to success...

(or perhaps it did bulk you up ? and you'll find me in a little mouse hole far, far away :))

Just kidding, welcome back !

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log