Wedding and Prom Dresses!

So, I've gained a lot of muscle while losing a lot of fat, so while the scale hasn't changed that much in the past year or so, I had a feeling I looked a lot better than I did when I've been this weight in the past. So last night, I pulled out my wedding dress (1 year old) and 2 prom dresses (7 and 8 years old - eek!)

The wedding dress, which barely zipped this time last year, was a little too big - not falling off big, but I could definitely pinch about 4" of fabric around the waist! I weigh about 10 pounds less than I did when I got married

My senior prom dress just barely zipped, but I did it. My overall figure definitely looked sexier than when I wore it originally, but I'm just too oooold to pull off that dress now (awkward!) I weigh about 10 pounds MORE than when I originally wore it (and I don't think it's significantly tighter now)

My junior prom dress would have zipped if I was more flexible (couldn't reach the end of the zipper, but I could see there was more than enough give to let it zip). It was probably tighter than when I originally wore it, but I weigh about 15 pounds more than I did then!

So, I'm keeping the wedding dress and donating the other two (which is what prompted me to try them on the first place) but it was fun to see how my body has improved separately from the numbers I see on the scale!

YAY.

Every time I move I try on old clothes- and I think about what it was like back then and see how my body has changed- that's AWESOME.

I should try mine on again since I'm in the same boat- not physically weighing less but actually size wise smaller.

That's a fun day of wine and friends.  :D he he hehe he

Go you!!  I should dig out my prom dress and try it on.  My prom was in 1999 (yikes, it's already been 14 years) and has been in storage at my dad's house ever since.  I almost guarantee my dress won't fit me as I am right now, but hopefully someday I can be in good enough shape to fit into it again.

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*