Marionette answers: So what do puppets eat? What do puppets do?

Breakfast:

• 6oz Plain, full fat yogurt - 150 calories 11g fat 5g protein 8g carbs
  • 2 cups cherries - 160 calories 2g protein 44g carbs 6g fiber
  • 1/2 c strawberries - 23 calories 6g carbs 2g fiber
  • 12 oz cappuccino with almond milk and almond syrup - 170 calories 4g fat 2g protein 33g carbs 2g fiber

Totals - 503 calories, 15g fat, 9g protein, 91g carbs, 12g fiber

Basically I'm nibbling this until lunch. The cherries and strawberries are in a 2.5 c ziploc container so I'm guestimating the amounts. I tend to grab this size container, fill it and go for breakfast. This tends to be my most carb heavy period of the day as it is when I eat fruit and have my coffee.

Lunch:

• 6oz roast turkey breast, skinless, boneless - 228 calories 3g fat 48g protein
  • 2 c sauteed spinach - 100 calories 5g fat 12g protein 14g carb 10g fiber

Totals - 328 calories, 8g fat, 60g protein, 14g carbs, 10g fiber

A bit lighter today than usual, but I really just wanted turkey. The turkey from this place is delicious. Composition wise it is pretty typical, protein + veg.

Snack:

• Deviled eggs (4halves) - 240 calories, 20g fat, 12g protein 2 carbs (Oh god these were awful! who puts sugar in their deviled eggs? Took one bite and spit it out. You would think I would know better than to eat PA Dutch food by now, not even eggs are safe!)
  • Dark 70% chocolate 4 blocks - 100 calories, 9g fat, 1g protein, 10g carbs, 2g fiber

Having a relatively light lunch, I know I'll need a snack later, so I picked up some deviled eggs. Not the best choice, but a tasty one.

Workout

• 30 minutes treadmill. Hill climb and sprints. Maxed out at 10mph on the flat, covered 2.75 miles
  • 30 minutes weight training. 60lb chest press w/dumbbells, 30lb single arm rows, 25lb tricep extensions, dips, pikes, trx pushups.
  • 15 minutes yoga
  • 1 mile walk

Pretty typical cross training day. The trx pushups are evil, and side pikes always make me feel like a poorly trained seal. The chest press was challenging, but as it was only sets of 8 I worked through it. Didn't wear my hrm but these workouts tend to be in the 800-1000 calorie range.

Dinner

• 6oz salmon 367calories, 18g fat, 46g protien
  • 2 zucchini, sauteed with 1tsp butter 57 calories, 4g fat 7g carbs, 3g protein, 2g fiber
  • 4oz mushrooms, sauteed with 1tsp butter 69 calories, 4g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber

Totals 493 calories, 26g fat, 10g carbs, 56g protein, 3g fiber.

Daily totals - 1392 calories, 58g fat, 125g carbs, 114g protein, 27g fiber.

Assuming an 800 calorie workout my net is 592. My BMR is about 1635. 1043 calorie deficit.

I should go drink some milk. Math tells me eat moar.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Preworkout

• RTD Muscle milk - 150 calories, 7g fat, 6g carbs, 15g protein
Still as vile as I remember it, but it helped me get through my workout this morning, even if I could only get through half of it.

Morning workout

• 30 minutes cardio intervals, hills and sprints
  • 30 minutes strength training with ohp, lunge to curl, thrusters, warrior makers, swings, etc. too early to remember it all, it was pre-coffee
Burned about 700 calories by my reckoning. No post workout yoga this morning.

Post workout

• Starbucks small whole milk cappuccino - 110 calories, 6g fat, 9g carbs, 5g protein

Breakfast

• Fruit Salad - 172 calories, 2g fat, 42g carbs, 4g protein, 4g fiber
  • Mango - 99 calories, 1g fat, 26g carbs, 1g protein, 1g fiber
  • Hot beef stick - 110 calories, 9g fat, 1g carbs, 5g protein
  • 1 pint raw milk - 292 calories, 16g fat, 25g carbs, 16g protien
Totals - 673 calories, 28g fat, 94g carbs, 26g protien, 5g fiber

Treating myself a bit this morning with the raw milk. Trying to get ahead of my deficit as I'm going to hot yoga tonight (another 700-800 calories there), then out to a show and probably won't stop for dinner in between. Last night going to bed with close to a 1000cal deficit was counter productive, but ah well. Live and learn - to eat MOAR.

Lunch

• Bacon, Mushroom and Swiss cheese omelette - 815 calories, 67g fat, 7g carbs, 45g protien
Bit heavy on the fat, but it hit the spot, and I needed the calories. Definitely not an every day thing though. Now to go drink a lake's worth of water so I'm hydrated for yoga tonight.

Dinner

2 deviled eggs

4 oysters

3oz grilled duck, picked out of a sandwich

1/2 a 'slider', dry

3 oz assorted cheese

1 fried pickle spear, no breading

1 glass white wine

1 pint beer

I guess about 1000 calories for the evening so around 2500 total for the day. Today's deficit ends up being around 650. Still a bit high, but not as bad as yesterday.

Human Adventurer

I shouldn't be reading about food when I'm all hungry and my fast isn't over yet.. but noms. 

I'm curious about your dark chocolate nutrition info.  What kind of dark chocolate is it and how small are those squares?  I usually get ~ the same nutrition info for one square when a serving is 4 (so 4 is ~250 cals)

Raw milk--- yum! Do you get yours from a local farm?

How are you getting your workout deficit numbers?

hahaha sorry for all the questions!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I have a 100g bar of Divine Mint Dark Chocolate. It has 2.4 servings and one serving is 10 squares so 24 squares and 600 calories per bar = 25 calories per square (gotta correct above, good catch!)

I get my raw milk from a Mennonite that sells it at Reading Terminal Market here in Philly. Very local :)

To figure my deficit I figured my bmr , added my workout calories (I wear a heart rate monitor while working out a few times a week so have a range for a baseline) then looked at where I was. So with 1392 calories consumed, with a bmr of 1639 and an 800 calorie workout I was at a 1,100 calorie deficit, which is way too low and might have something to do with why my math was off for the chocolate :)

Human Adventurer

That chocolate bar sounds delish. As does the raw milk. Very cool.  Does PA have the "animals only" law when it comes to selling raw milk?  We have that hear so we have to pretend we're going to let our cats drink it :P

Ha, sorry, I'm not caffeinated enough. I meant to ask if you wear a heart rate monitor during exercise.  Sounds good. 

Glad you're taking a look at your food intake.  It's surprisingly easy to eat way too little when it's healthier stuff.  And also when you're doing fun workouts.  Enjoy hot yoga tonight! So much fun!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

It is fine for retail sale, it just can't be exported or imported. The dairies all have to have testing of the herd once a year for various diseases as well. 

This chocolate? DELICIOUS. Expensive, but worth it. I'm looking at my intake numbers because I've finally set a long term goal weight and composition wise (170lbs, 20% bf) and I know that without looking at the numbers I'm never going to get there. With yesterday being a pretty typical workday intake/expenditure its obvious that I am headed for a crash unless I really start paying more attention.

Human Adventurer

It was a holiday weekend, so I wasn't tracking beyond the rough head count so no detailed information. I did bust ass at the gym on Sunday (5k + 1hr weight training) and did another 5k yesterday, so at least I wasn't sedentary. At a bbq I went to the host made sure to have paleo-ish friendly foods which also helped.

Breakfast

• Whole milk cappucino - 110 calories, 6g fat, 9g carbs, 5g protein
  • Cantaloupe - 61 calories, 14g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber 
  • Honeydew - 64 calories, 16g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber
  • Watermelon - 46 calories, 12g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber 
  • Pineapple - 74 calories, 20g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber

Totals - 355 calories, 6g fat, 71g carbs, 9g protien, 8g fiber

Again the usual carb heavy "breakfast" to be nibbled throughout the morning until lunch time. Thinking of sticking to regular milk over almond milk for my cappuccinos since it seems to result in a bit more protein in the mornings and lowers the carb count.

​

Lunch

• Oyster PoBoy Wrap (5 Oysters, remoulade, pickles, lettuce, tortilla) - 545 calories, 21g fat, 70g carbs, 17g protein,  5g fiber

Lunch was bought for me today, so the above is the breakdown of what was in said poboy, minus the lettuce and pickles as the calories there were pretty negligible. It was delicious btw.

Dinner

• California roll - 396 calories, 12g fat, 40g carbs, 14g protein, 4g fiber
  • Kanpyo roll - 173 calories, 25g carbs
  • Sea Eel - 159 calories, 11g fat, 3g carbs, 12g protein
  • Kani Salad - 150 calories, 3g fat, 3g carbs, 2g protein

Totals - 878 calories, 26g fat, 71 carbs, 18g protein, 4g fiber

Daily totals - 1778 calories, 53g fat, 212g carbs, 44g protein, 17g fiber

It is looking like I need to work more on getting protein early in the day. Maybe if I start getting that then I'll end up with a lower carb count overall, and not have as many problems with maintaining my muscle mass while I lose weight. Also, according to this tdee calculator (192lbs, 5'1, 30, exercising 3-5 times a week) my tdee is 2528, so again I'm low despite eating a lot of cruddy food today. Hopefully the increase in protein will help narrow that deficit to a more healthy 300-500 per day as compared to the 800-1000 or more.

Human Adventurer

To be honest eating this much is not really easy on my head. I am still struggling with the whole "women don't eat," and ingrained "food is bad" message I've absorbed over the years. Having a goal weight of 170lbs rather than the BMI accepted range of 98-130lbs isn't helping much either. Intellectually I know this is a completely inaccurate number for my build (wide shoulders and hips, heavy skeleton), but society's programming is hard to break. Hell, my goal for lean body mass is higher than what BMI says is healthy for my height, much less the fat it will take to maintain health. I'm doomed to always be obese it seems, but how is it obese when much smaller probably would just not be healthy?

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

Totals - 260 calories, 17g fat, 17g carbs, 10g protien

Look! More protein! Ideally I would like to start phasing in more protein and out some of the fruit, but as breakfast isn't a sit down meal for me it will be a bit of a process. Yeah, fruit hasn't happened yet today. It might happen later.

Lunch

• Greek Salad - 185 calories, 17g fat, 7g carbs, 5g protein, 3g fiber
  • Lamb Souvlaki - 220 calories, 10g fat, 2g carbs, 17g protein
  • Tzatziki Sauce - 30 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
  • Pita Bread (1/4 piece) - 41 calories, 8g carbs, 1g protein

Totals - 476 calories, 30g fat, 19g carbs, 24g protein, 3g fiber

Light lunch today. Maybe I will get to my fruit yet. I also have a banana and a coconut water held in reserves...

Snack

• Dark 70% chocolate 4 blocks - 100 calories, 9g fat, 1g protein, 10g carbs, 2g fiber (still working on that same bar from last week, hard to feel guilty about that!)
  • Naked Coconut Water - 60 calories, 14g carbs
  • Banana - 105 calories, 1g fat, 27g carbs, 1g protein, 3g fiber

Totals - 265 calories, 10g fat, 51g carbs, 5g fiber

Soo sinfully delicious. Bananas and chocolate? AND coconut? mmmm

Dinner

• Bunless cheese burger - 683 calories, 49g fat, 54g protein
  • Peas - 125 calories, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 8g protein, 8g fiber
  • chardonnay - 120 calories, 4g carbs

Totals - 808 calories, 50g fat, 27g carbs, 64g protein, 8g fiber

Daily totals - 1830 calories, 107g fat, 114g carbs, 100g protein, 16g fiber

Overall not a bad day, fiber could have been higher, fat could have been lower. Calories could have been a bit higher as well. My TDEE (adjusted as I lost 2 pounds since last weigh in) is 2511 making my deficit for the day 681.

Oh and workout was half an hour of cardio - running, sprint intervals, and hill climbs followed by 30 minutes strength (deadlifts, squats, woodchoppers, weighted situp to press, curls, etc. A shoulders/biceps/leg day)

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

• Starbucks "Protein" bistro box - 380 calories, 19g fat, 37g carbs, 13g protein, 5g fiber

Totals 490 calories, 25g fat, 46g carbs, 18g protein, 5g fiber

Lunch

• French Roll - 105 calories, 2g fat, 20g carbs, 3g protein, 1g fiber
  • Fresh Mozzerella (about 3 ozs on the sandwich) - 256 calories, 19g fat, 2g carbs, 19g protein
  • Roasted tomato - 11 calories, 3g carbs
  • Proscuitto (one slice) - 46 calories, 3g fat, 1g carbs, 5g protein
  • Olive Oil - 120 calories, 14g fat
  • Kettle Cooked Chips ( 3-4 chips for delicious salt) - 40 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbs

Totals - 578 calories, 40g fat, 30g carbs, 27g protein, 1g fiber

Yeah, completely not paleo. Delicious though. I'm eating to prepare for the race on Saturday. I'm not throwing diet considerations out the window and stuffing my face however, just being a bit more flexible than normal where grains are concerned.

Dinner

• Shaved fennel salad with grapefruit, avocado and shrimp - Guessing here about 300 calories. It was mostly fennel, just 2 shrimp and about a quarter of an avocado. The dressing was very low on the oil, mostly lemon juice because of the creamy of the avocado. The portion was an appetizer portion.
  • Chicken liver and Foie Gras Mousse with Brandied Cherries and Grilled Grapes - I'm going to go and say 500 calories. It was SINFUL and delicious. The portion was about a quarter cup in total, and came with 2 pieces grilled french bread (1 inch thick, about as large as a deck of cards, very airy) It was hands down the best thing I've put in my mouth in ages. 
  • Capogiro Gelato in Burnt Sugar and Coconut Milk - I just got a small, and only ate about a quarter of that, so probably around 100 calories.

Total (guessed) - 900

Daily totals - 1968ish calories, who knows about the rest of the break down.

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

• Cantaloupe - 61 calories, 14g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber 
  • Honeydew - 64 calories, 16g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber
  • Pineapple - 74 calories, 20g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber

Totals - 395 calories, 70 carbs, 11g fat, 9g protein, 8g fiber

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

Totals - 260 calories, 17g fat, 17g carbs, 10g protien

Snacks (one cup each, unless noted)

• Strawberries - 46 calories, 11g carbs, 1g protein, 3g fiber
  • Green Grapes - 104 calories, 27g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber

Totals - 196 calories, 50g carbs, 3g protein, 7g fiber

Lunch

• 4oz sliced lamb shoulder - 226 calories, 10g fat, 31g protein
  • 1/4c arugula - negligible everything
  • 1Tbsp mayo - 90 calories, 10g fat
  • 1/4 potato roll - 50 calories, 10g carbs, 1g protein

Totals - 346 calories, 20g fat, 10g carbs, 32g protein

Dinner

• 3oz chorizo (I make my own using lean pork) - 137 calories, 3g fat, 27g protein 
  • 1 large egg - 72 calories, 5g fat, 6g protein
  • 3oz asparagus - 17 calories, 4g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
  • tsp butter - 31 calories, 4g fat
  • Yards IPA - 210 calories

Totals 467 calories, 12g fat, 4g (before beer) carbs, 35g protein, 2g fiber

Daily Totals - 1269 calories, 49g fat, 81g carbs, 80g protein, 9g fiber

About half my TDEE, but I'm not stressed. I didn't workout today, and over the weekend I was not really paying attention to diet. My breakdown looks pretty good, though the fiber could stand to be higher.

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

• 3oz chorizo (I make my own using lean pork) - 137 calories, 3g fat, 27g protein 
  • 1 large egg - 72 calories, 5g fat, 6g protein
  • 3oz asparagus - 17 calories, 4g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
  • tsp butter - 31 calories, 4g fat

Totals - 257 calories, 12g fat, 4g (before beer) carbs, 35g protein, 2g fiber

Yes, that is the same as dinner. I made a double batch last night.

Snack

• Watermelon - 92 calories, 24g carbs, 2g protein, 4g fiber

Lunch

• Greek Salad - 185 calories, 17g fat, 7g carbs, 5g protein, 3g fiber
  • Chicken Souvlaki - 220 calories, 10g fat, 2g carbs, 17g protein
  • Tzatziki Sauce - 30 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
  • Pita Bread (1/4 piece) - 41 calories, 8g carbs, 1g protein

Snack

• Odwalla Protein Monster (chocolate) - 320 calories, 6g fat, 40g carbs, 25g protein, 3g fiber

Dinner

• greens and beans - 404 calories, 14g fat, 48g carbs, 26g protein, 15g fiber

Totals 1549 calories, 62g fat, 135g carbs, 112g protein, 27g fiber

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

• Starbucks Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box - 260 calories, 7g fat, 25g carbs, 20g protein, 5g fiber

Totals - 370 calories, 13g fat, 34g carbs, 25g protein, 5g fiber

I'm kinda in love with the Starbucks bistro boxes on mornings when I haven't thought ahead enough to pack breakfast. Generally they are low calorie, high protein, and I can read the ingredients list without getting out a chemistry for dummies text. The sodium is a bit high, but I don't eat a lot of processed food so my sodium levels are pretty good overall. Also with naturally low blood pressure I sometimes run into issues with dizziness when I have too little sodium.

Human Adventurer

And back from vacation. No more lunchtime cervasas or helpful people bringing me margaritas while I read on the beach. I did manage to get a quick 3 mile run in while on vacation and a nice lifting session (we won't talk about the guys trying to impress me by out-lifting me  :neglected: ) and was generally as active as I could be with a husband on crutches in tow. Flip flops gave me a blister between my toes however that killed my remaining running plans. Anyways. I'm back, sunburnt, tan, peeling, and hopefully not up too many pounds (I haven't had my weigh in yet)

Breakfast

2 Turkey Figs - 95 calories, .5g fat, 25g carbs, 1g protien, 4g fiber

1/2 cup blueberries - 42 calories, 11g carbs, 2g fiber

Totals - 137 calories, .5g fat, 36g carbs, 1g protien, 6g fiber

Very light breakfast today. Not terribly hungry, not as active as normal, so I figure this week will probably end up on the lighter end of things.

Lunch

Chicken and Rice Casserole with Peas and Asparagus - 660 calories, 19g fat, 75g carbs, 45g protien, 3g fiber

This is pretty straight comfort food in my house, we don't make it often, I don't add cheese or anything else I've seen people mention put in it. It is pretty much always chicken, cream of mushroom soup, fresh veg x, rice. Quick and easy, a bit high on the sodium side of things I'm sure, but it works and gives leftovers that aren't as bad as going out for a burger.

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

6oz Plain, full fat yogurt - 150 calories 11g fat 5g protein 8g carbs

1/2 cup grapes - 104 calories, 27g carbs, 1g protein, 2g fiber

Totals - 391 Calories, 11.5g fat, 71g carbs, 7g protein, 8g fiber

Lunch

Greek Salad - 185 calories, 17g fat, 7g carbs, 5g protein, 3g fiber

Chicken Souvlaki - 220 calories, 10g fat, 2g carbs, 17g protein

Tzatziki Sauce - 30 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein

Pita Bread (1/4 piece) - 41 calories, 8g carbs, 1g protein

Snack

1 banana - 121 calories, .5g fat, 31g carbs, 1.5g protein, 3.5g fiber

1 peach - 87 calories, .5g fat, 22g carbs, 2g protein, 3.5g fiber

Totals - 208 calories, 1g fat, 53g carbs, 3.5g protein, 7g fiber

Dinner

6oz steak - 301 calories, 12.5g fat, 44g protein

3/4c peas - 88 calories, 16g carbs, 6g protein, 5.5g fiber

3oz asparagus - 14 calories, 3.5g carbs, 2g protein, 2g fiber

Totals - 404 calories, 12.5g fat, 19.5g carbs, 52g protein, 7.5g fiber

Daily Totals - 1479 calories, 55g fat, 162.5g carbs, 86.5g protein, 25.5g fiber

There should probably be about another 200 calories up there from anything I tasted while making chocolate covered cherries and strawberries for a baby shower at work on Thursday, but I'm not terribly fussed. 

Today was my first day back to the gym in 2 weeks (work got crazy/prepping for vacation/vacation) and it was well needed. Half hour of speed drills (x seconds on, x seconds off, hill variable) and my speed was not where it normally is, but still way faster than I used to be able to run. I think the slowness was just the kinks working out. Then we did 30 minutes of tabata style exercises using a resistance band. Tricep extensions, followed by lat pulldowns, then burpees (3 sets). Jump lunge chest flys, oblique twists (pulling on the band, never letting it slack) side one, oblique twists side two (3 sets). Walking planks and mountain climbers with feet on a bench then weighted situps (3 sets). Single arm tricep dips, both arms. (3 sets) Then the usual yoga cool down and stretch.

I did my weigh in and managed to not gain any weight on vacation, which is nice considering I wasn't at my normal activity level and definitely consuming more alcohol and other calories than normal. I just signed up for another obstacle race, a 10k this time, and came to the decision that I will try to train for the november Philadelphia Marathon, but not buy a bib yet. That way if I'm not ready I'm not out $100. There are always people selling/giving bibs away for races in a couple running groups I follow so I'm not worried I won't be able to get one. It may seem a bit lazy, but when short runs are 8 miles your regular life tends to interfere a bit and I work crazy hours most of the time.

Human Adventurer

Breakfast

Totals - 137 calories, 36g carbs, 1g protien, 6g fiber

Not my best breakfast, but I just am having trouble getting the motivation to eat this morning. As of writing this I haven't even eaten any of it...

Lunch

Lamb Jalfrezi - 505 calories, 35g fat, 4g carbs, 30g protein

Sauteed Zucchini - 19 calories, 4g carbs, 1.5g protein, 1g fiber

Cardamom Lassi - 218 calories, 2g fat, 40g carbs, 10g protein

Totals 742 calories, 37g fat, 48g carbs, 41.5g protein, 1g fiber

Lamb Jalfrezi comes with zucchini in it where I get it for lunch. It is quite tasty. The Lassi was also good, but so sweet I could only drink half of it.

Dinner

Grilled Beef Shortribs - 770 calories, 70g fat, 28g protein

Beets - 56 calories, 13g carbs, 2g protein, 2.5g fiber

Butter - 51 calories, 6g fat 

Roasted Asparagus - 52 calories, 3g carbs, 4g fat, 2g fiber

Red wine - 127 calories, 5.5g carbs

Totals - 1056 calories, 21.5g carbs, 80g fat, 30g protein, 4.5g fiber

Oof what a calorie bomb short ribs are! So delicious though. Definitely glad this was a workout day.

Overall totals - 1935 calories, 105.5g carbs, 117g fat, 72.5g protein, 11.5g fiber

Wow that feels like a lot of fat for the day, though the daily calories aren't as out of control as I was afraid they were going to be. I'm really happy that I'm consistently getting fiber in my diet. I think as I start phasing out having so much fruit and start having more veg that number is going to keep increasing.

Today's workout...well I did it. Was a cross training class. I did pullups! Single armed dips! Single leg lunges with the TRX! Single armed rows! The coach was in a single arm/leg mood apparently. Probably burned around 700-800 calories between the cardio and strength. I'm about due to take a week where I measure with a heart rate monitor constantly to get myself a new baseline for calorie expenditure.

Human Adventurer