• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Suggestions/Ideas/etc

Hey guys!

I'm reopening this section of the boards.

Use this for any issues you're having with the boards, general questions, or feedback/ideas for the blog/etc.

Note: I removed all threads that were related to the old software. The rest should all still be here.

• Like 4

Hi Spezzy. I've noticed recently that clicking on "Forums" takes me to the main screen for articles rather than the list of forum categories. I've done well to find this topic! Can one of your talented web team look into this and fix the link?

Ta muchly!

• Like 1

Hi Spezzy. I've noticed recently that clicking on "Forums" takes me to the main screen for articles rather than the list of forum categories. I've done well to find this topic! Can one of your talented web team look into this and fix the link?

Ta muchly!

This happens to me when using Firefox. The tab works when using IE8. I haven't tried Chrome or any other browser.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

This happens to me when using Firefox. The tab works when using IE8. I haven't tried Chrome or any other browser.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Using Firefox here, too. Hmmm!

• Like 1

I mainly use tapatalk for browsing the forums. ... many of the posts that use formatting end up being very very difficult to read because the whole code shows up (I can't get it to paste to show what i mean).... also when trying to find a specific sub forum when i can't remember the direct path is sometimes confusing (when you look under forum-by name it lists them all. ... there's like a zillion that start with numbers then like fifty adventurer (slight exaggeration sorry) and i had to scroll though a long long long line of them because i couldn't remember how to get to the woot room. .. I'm not sure how to fix either issue but it's somewhat irritating.... I don't know if it's a forum issue or a tapatalk issue. ...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty excited for the new format of the six week challenges. I'm less excited by the new signup sheet for the six week challenges, though. Specifically, I'd like to suggest that "Gender" should either  a) be optional, B) have more options to choose from, or c) be a text box to fill in however one wants to. (Option C is, in my opinion, the best way to go.) It will go a long way towards making NerdFitness more inclusive and welcoming towards those whose gender is more complicated than those two little clicky-bubbles.

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited for the new format of the six week challenges. I'm less excited by the new signup sheet for the six week challenges, though. Specifically, I'd like to suggest that "Gender" should either  a) be optional, B) have more options to choose from, or c) be a text box to fill in however one wants to. (Option C is, in my opinion, the best way to go.) It will go a long way towards making NerdFitness more inclusive and welcoming towards those whose gender is more complicated than those two little clicky-bubbles.

Done.  Sorry about that - didn't even think about it when I was creating the form.  We're just trying to get a better idea of the general population of challenge participants :)

I like the idea of a gender box being text. I don't need it to be (100% male here) but I'd love to be able to identify as "android" or something like that, because I'm also 100% nerdy.

• Like 1

Under Powerlifting and Weightlifting, we need separate sub-forums for StrongLifts, Starting Strength, Madcow, 5/3/1, and any other major ones (as suggested by others).

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be cool if there was an area to talk about the various common injuries that one can encounter when exercising, and how to prevent/work around them. Not as a replacement for a doctor's opinion, but as a helpful addition. 

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be cool if there was an area to talk about the various common injuries that one can encounter when exercising, and how to prevent/work around them. Not as a replacement for a doctor's opinion, but as a helpful addition. 

Those discussions are usually contained in the areas where such injuries occur since powerlifting/weightlifting pre/rehab can be  different than bodyweight/running/martial arts rehab. 

But none of it is a replacement for a trained profession's advice. 

It would be nice to have some emoticons for highlighting accomplishments - I went looking through the list for something like a gold star or a thumbs up and didn't really find anything. Some text based emoticons ("Well done!", "Goal met!" etc) could also work. These were the two closest:  :encouragement:  :triumphant: (encouragement and triumphant)

(I was also impressed by how many of them seem to have typos in their name... like :chuncky: - "chuncky" ("chunky"??), though I imagine that's the board software or emoticon pack)

Article idea: I want to buy a basic home gym since my nearest gym is 80 kms away. I want to strength train and go for the whole three-four excersizes that train the whole body along with my own very specific workout (I dance ballet at a reasonably high level). I can spend quite a bit, but I would appricate knowing what is a complete waste of money because I can easily create my own. Which weights and equiment is a must?

Article Idea: Microwaves hurt your health.

I have just recently joined the Rebellion and one of the first things I read was "Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero". I was very impressed, but then I read what she eats everyday and it includes microwaved foods. There is abundant research that microwaves destroy nutrients in food and have adverse health effects.

Here is a link to one very good article by Dr. Mercola on how and what Microwaves do to you and your food: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx

And by all means, do your own further research. There is a common experiment involving plants, where one plant's water is microwaved and cooled before watering the plant and after a few days the plant dies whereas the control plant with non-microwaved water is still thriving.

I want everyone here to be as safe and healthy as possible, and I believe the use of microwaves is going against that. 

Thanks for your time.

Microwaving water doesn't destroy any nutrients. There are no nutrients in water.

I'm always deeply suspicious of experiments like that - for a start, the experiment is not double-blinded. The experimenter knows which water is which. Better to have two people watering separate batches of plants (because one in each group is far too small a sample size) and the experimenter giving both of them the water for the plants. One person gets microwaved/cooled water, the other gets non-microwaved water. Neither of them know which they are getting.

EDIT: I've just realised how nerdy this makes me. Hurrah!

• Like 4

I'm sorry. That example was a poor one and didn't relate properly to the statement I made previous to it. I didn't mean to suggest that water holds nutrients, it was just a hail mary example of what microwaving does to a substance essential to life. The water in the experiment didn't hold nutrients, so why did microwaving affect it? Hypothetically the microwave likely damaged the water at a molecular level. The plant was then unable to use the water.

Like I said, it's best if everyone also does their own research and comes to their own conclusions. 

There's a gazillion reasons why 2 plants growing side by side would have one thrive and the other die. Others have tried that watering the plant experiment (with more plants) and found it to be false: http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp

All cooking methods will affect nutrient content/availability of foods (in both positive and negative ways, some nutrients are made more available by cooking).

• Like 1

Article Idea: Microwaves hurt your health.

I have just recently joined the Rebellion and one of the first things I read was "Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero". I was very impressed, but then I read what she eats everyday and it includes microwaved foods. There is abundant research that microwaves destroy nutrients in food and have adverse health effects.

Here is a link to one very good article by Dr. Mercola on how and what Microwaves do to you and your food: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx

And by all means, do your own further research. There is a common experiment involving plants, where one plant's water is microwaved and cooled before watering the plant and after a few days the plant dies whereas the control plant with non-microwaved water is still thriving.

I want everyone here to be as safe and healthy as possible, and I believe the use of microwaves is going against that.

Thanks for your time.

When an article starts saying that microwaves cause blood sugar spikes and can be linked to diabetes and sudden chest pains your BS alarm should be going off.

Sent from a phonical device. Please excuse the shortness