obese gamer with dirty house

ok, so i have been here before and found it awesome.

then i got offtrack and did some other stuff. 

but now i am back because i seriously, seriously need to sort my life out. 

i am gaming pretty much all of the time. i play world of warcraft, and i find it very nice to have friends on there, which i dont really have irl. 

i am obese, i weigh about 250 lbs. 

and my house is going to the dogs since i cant even be bothered to get up and clean. i worry that if i clean my house and do exercise, i wont have enough time to game. 

my diet is not great, i pretty much live on toast. 

i smoke. i have diabetes, schizo-typal disorder, ocd, high cholesterol, and low thyroid.  :numbness:

i get confused alot. this is my attempt to get motivated and get on track. 

so. before now, i have decided that the first thing i need to do is clean my house. 

that may be true.... but if i eat any old junk, and dont exercise, i feel too crap to do anything anyway. 

so the very first thing i need to tackle is my health. diet and exercise. and smoking. 

ok so here goes. 

here is my blog, which i have made to avoid spamming the forum with all my little updates: http://toblackmarsh.blogspot.co.uk/

You've got this :) I feel the same way, if I don't grind my rep on WoW - then how will I buy more battle pets?! (Meanwhile, my greyhound is running amok behind me)

I'm setting aside time this weekend to clear up my bedroom and my office, since the office will be my brother's bedroom when he comes home from Japan, once his commanding officer signs off on his exit paperwork. He's supposed to be home sometime in June, so I have a deadline quickly approaching. Keep posted on your progress! I'd love to see how far you come.

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

I say this as a former sufferer and currently successfully battling person of depression. Have you considered talking to a therapist? I went through some tough things and found that simply having a qualified person to vent to was very helpful. Yes, I did end up temporarily on a couple prescriptions, but came out as a more inwardly organized person which transferred out.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

I say this as a former sufferer and currently successfully battling person of depression. Have you considered talking to a therapist? I went through some tough things and found that simply having a qualified person to vent to was very helpful. Yes, I did end up temporarily on a couple prescriptions, but came out as a more inwardly organized person which transferred out.

thanks for the reply, well i have an occupational therapist and i am on 200mg of lustral. 

the depression comes and goes.. without my meds i am very crazy, so they help me alot. my OT takes me out and we talk. 

one thing about getting myself organized is that i take my meds everyday, something i have been forgetting to do lately. 

here is my blog, which i have made to avoid spamming the forum with all my little updates: http://toblackmarsh.blogspot.co.uk/

Preaching to the choir. When I was in the throws of my depression, I couldn't bother myself to go to the cupboard and take my prescription (prozac).

It really takes the desire, and a strong amount of it,  to change and it sounds like you have that. I hope you can stick with it.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Good luck with your journey! I can especially relate to the messy house situation myself so I definitely know how much of a struggle it is to keep messes at bay. My house is tiny compare to the other houses on my street (3 bed, 1 bath, 960 square feet) and having no basement (somewhat rare for a house in Vermont) I ended up using a spare bedroom and my dining room for storage. Both rooms were so bad that my boyfriend and I nearly killed ourselves trying to go in them.

I have really bad ADHD and I get either bored or overwhelmed every time I clean. This past weekend, however, we decided to give it a go to get those rooms cleaned out (mostly because I found the NF website and wanted to use the spare bedroom as a private home gym). My boyfriend is usually just as bad as I am with decluttering but he managed to keep me on track and we managed to purge all of the junk from those areas over the course of two days!

My advice with the cleaning process is this:

-Just like quitting smoking, you have to be the one to decide when it's time to cleanup your life. The process won't be successful if you don't make the choice for yourself.

-Don't go it alone! Find some sort of cleaning buddy to help you get the mess under control. If you're anything like me, cleaning is an emotionally taxing process which means it takes somebody like me significantly longer to get through than most average people. It may even be worthwhile to seek out and hire a professional organizer to help with a purge of stuff. They even have ones that have expertise in special cases like ADHD.

-Do some research but ultimately make your own decisions on how you'll proceed. We can all give you advice until we're blue in the face but you have to do what is right for you!

-Don't expect Martha Stewart clean I that's not your thing. Most people may think my house is a mess even though we no longer have cluttered rooms, but it's perfect for us so I don't care.

Feel free to PM me if you are looking for other tips I have on cleaning. I apologize, I'm on my lunch break and writing this rather quickly! :-P

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

Preaching to the choir. When I was in the throws of my depression, I couldn't bother myself to go to the cupboard and take my prescription (prozac).

It really takes the desire, and a strong amount of it,  to change and it sounds like you have that. I hope you can stick with it.

yes... i can relate to that. i find that when they all need to be put in the dosette box, i sometimes miss a day.

i hope i can stick with it too, sticking with things is not my strong point but it helps to have this site where i can come back to it and tell what ive been doing :)

Good luck with your journey! I can especially relate to the messy house situation myself so I definitely know how much of a struggle it is to keep messes at bay. My house is tiny compare to the other houses on my street (3 bed, 1 bath, 960 square feet) and having no basement (somewhat rare for a house in Vermont) I ended up using a spare bedroom and my dining room for storage. Both rooms were so bad that my boyfriend and I nearly killed ourselves trying to go in them.

I have really bad ADHD and I get either bored or overwhelmed every time I clean. This past weekend, however, we decided to give it a go to get those rooms cleaned out (mostly because I found the NF website and wanted to use the spare bedroom as a private home gym). My boyfriend is usually just as bad as I am with decluttering but he managed to keep me on track and we managed to purge all of the junk from those areas over the course of two days!

My advice with the cleaning process is this:

-Just like quitting smoking, you have to be the one to decide when it's time to cleanup your life. The process won't be successful if you don't make the choice for yourself.

-Don't go it alone! Find some sort of cleaning buddy to help you get the mess under control. If you're anything like me, cleaning is an emotionally taxing process which means it takes somebody like me significantly longer to get through than most average people. It may even be worthwhile to seek out and hire a professional organizer to help with a purge of stuff. They even have ones that have expertise in special cases like ADHD.

-Do some research but ultimately make your own decisions on how you'll proceed. We can all give you advice until we're blue in the face but you have to do what is right for you!

-Don't expect Martha Stewart clean I that's not your thing. Most people may think my house is a mess even though we no longer have cluttered rooms, but it's perfect for us so I don't care.

Feel free to PM me if you are looking for other tips I have on cleaning. I apologize, I'm on my lunch break and writing this rather quickly! :-P

thanks... we have alot of clutter too, my boyfriend hates to throw things out.

what i find is that i will go on a massive clean and the house will be spotless, but i dont have time to do anything else.....

or, i game for weeks and let the house go. i need to find some kind of balance. but also, ultimately, i need to get off my butt !!

right, so i have my last ciggie here. i smoke rollups. i have an app which records how long you have given up for, and how much money you have saved. 

so the next couple of days are going to be a bit uncomfortable. 

so im going to have a coffee and smoke my last rollup. 

right, now i need to make myself something healthy to eat. 

when i dont have it together, i eat toast, crisps... anything easy and quick to grab.

i find that if i eat sugary stuff... chocolate, cakes etc... i get ill and have to go to bed. i have diabetes you see. type 2.

so my healthy eating regime is pretty much grains, beans and veggies. im a fan of susan powter. 

so a quick thing i make for myself is porridge, when i have it together. 

ok so im gonna make myself some porridge. i have had my last rollup and my smokefree app records 5 minutes quit time, and a saving of 1p. :P

okay. so i ate my porridge. and im now dying for a ciggie. quit time = 28 minutes. money saved = 6p. 

its that whole nails down a blackboard feeling. but, i can do this. 

so the next thing to do is the dishes. i already took my meds today. 

the first thing to do is tidy the counter. 

strictly speaking, i dont want to do anything besides log onto warcraft. 

but i need to sort my life out. i would make a video about this but i look awful as you can imagine. 

right- counter. 

ah cool :)

i had to google roomba. 

i am feeling pretty pumped after tidying the counter. still dying for a ciggie. quit time = 57 mins. saved 12p.

now i need to put away some of the clean dishes that my bf washed but didnt put away.

i tried making a video, but im so ashamed of my appearance. thats one of the things i hope to tackle with this new regime.

right. clean dishes to put away. 

ok. ive put the dishes away, some of which were not even clean so they will need washing again.

i am dying to log onto warcraft/ smoke. 

next thing to do is tidy the washing up.

each of these things feels like an epic feat, partly because im so unfit that doing anything is a bit of an effort. 

now, this is supposed to be a daily battle log, not a log-everytime-you-do-one-thing log. 

so i could maybe make a blog for this stuff, and do a kind of catchall daily log here. 

so the day is nearly over, and im thinking about what i have achieved today.

on the face of it, i have pretty much just done a couple of chores, and smoked less. 

but normally i would do NO chores and smoke a ton. 

the main thing is that i have instigated some kind of change. i have joined this site, made a blog, and linked stuff to my facebook and a music forum i visit. 

hoping to do a bit more tomorrow. :)

Climbing Mount Everest starts with one step on the mountain ;) You're on the way to positive change if you keep at it. You've got the right attitude, you may not have made a huge change but you did make one. That's more than some folks make.

I've noticed that if I have music playing in the background, it helps me pass time while I'm cleaning or organizing. If you're big on music, you might try and stream some stuff through your computer via Pandora Radio or Jango to keep you going. Plus it'll keep you away from getting the urge to get on Warcraft, since you'll need to turn off the tunes.

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Addiction is tough, it will win a few days.  One slip is not a failure, not even close - back on the wagon.  

Demanding perfection is a great motivator but it's too on/off for some people (definitely me).  I used to go celery-celery-celery-WHOLE CAKE. Little bit of cake, little bit less cake, maybe cake tomorrow - that works too, and it's less likely to trigger the ZOMGI FAILZOR woes.

you're right.

thanks for the reply :)

less smoking would be good. maybe i can see how long i can hold out for, while having tobacco. 

when i dont have tobacco i feel like gnawing at the carpet. 

about cake- im diabetic so ive learnt that cake makes me have to go to bed and sleep it off because i feel so awful. 

so i no longer eat cake or chocolate. thats a good step forward from just eating "whatever".

now i still eat junk, but its sugar free junk.