Goob: Zombie Slayer

Goob

Illness kept me from starting my thread after I tossed my hat into the sign up. My bad, guys!

Name:

Goob. Goober. Lady Awesomesauce. Whatever

Brief overview of goals:

1. Work on C25K plan. Double plus bonus: Spend more time running outside!

2. Rebel Strength Guide Workout (Haven't decided which will be the best fit yet with my time--I'm thinking bodyweight though)

3. Increase water intake from 1 glass per day to 3+ (As a result, soda consumption should be 0!)

4. No candy. None.

Life goal: Do Rosetta Stone at least twice a week. Gotta get my German on!

Life goal # 2: Follow established Goob budget.

Life goal: Catch up on established wedding planning goals (Whoops...)

Bonus goal: Survive the last month of the first year of graduate school

If you follow a specific way of eating:

I'm going to try Paleo. Might as well just dive right in. Will probably use Steve's Rebel Strength Guide food plan for the most part.

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for squad creation:

Rebel Strength Guide, C25k, Bodyweight.

If you want to be part of a squad or if you want to work alone:

Part of the Aim for the Head Zombie Squad! Booyah!

I'm glad to be back, guys. Let's do this!

River Tam: My food is problematic...

Slow as hell start. Grad school decided to rear its ugly head this week, so I really didn't focus on much of anything aside from avoidance. This week so far I've avoided candy and pop (yay!) But I haven't been getting my workouts in. Oof. Deal with the setbacks, and work towards the goal. Something is better than nothing, right?

Thanks Faline! I'm sure there are plenty of Zombies, so I'm not feeling too down. :D

Haven't started yet, because it's been miserably cold outside. Two weeks ago: Sunny, and 70. This week: Snow. GARARARARAR Minnesota.

2. Rebel Strength Guide Workout

Started the beginner workout. Works well in my 3rd floor apartment during this awful week.

3. Increase water intake from 1 glass per day to 3+ (As a result, soda consumption should be 0!)

SO FAR SO GOOD! I've overcome the God-awful caffeine hump and now it's not so hard...but I want me some Mt. Dew real bad. But water...mmm tasty.

4. No candy. None.

Had a ring pop from one of my students. Boo. But a significant decrease than the usual.

Done!

Good so far!

Life goal: Catch up on established wedding planning goals (Whoops...)

On top of it, this week! Woot. Got in touch with catering and dress stuff is going well!

Oh blaaaaaaaaaaah, make it end.... Anybody want to write a final paper? Cause my end of the year-itis is pretty well in full swing.

Today I have my last big event for work, so my life should calm down significantly afterwards. However, there will be lots of tasty foods at this event, so here's to willpower. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Frod, thanks for the video! That's a great idea since my struggle with running is really just building up lung endurance, so this will work great.

Managed to get out for a run anyway despite the cold weather today. It was my first run in a looooooooooong time and my body felt it. Only made it through about half of my C25K 3rd week run (I was up to week 4 when I stopped because of winter weather), and I had to stop because my body was oh so no pleased. So, instead of messing something up, I walked the rest of the way, found a playground on my way back, and played on it for a bit. Tomorrow I'll try again and see if I can get farther into the workout.

Woop woop!

Level up on being a baller today:

I fixed my bike chain, so now I have a mode of transportation now that it's nice out instead of having the boy drive me to school (which was super swell when it was winter).

Double plus awesomesauce--I cleaned the entire apartment today, and I'm surprisingly sore from some serious scrubbing. So...go me!

Today was pretty good. Made some tuna artichoke concoction that was delicious. Some veggies and a little bit of fruit.

Less awesome (or maybe more awesome): Biked to and from school IN THE SNOW. Yuck. My legs felt like hell. But woot, that means it's working right?

Week 1 Challenge:

Both complete! Everyday carry and survival kit win!

Only did this once instead of 3 times. Whoops. Try again next week.

2. Rebel Strength Guide Workout

Been working on this. Kept it up. Win!

TOTALLY WIN. I've had at least 4 glasses per day and 0 sodas. WIN WIN WIN

4. No candy. None.

Partial win. Ate candy from my students once. Other than that none. Less than what I used to do. Working on 0 next week.

3 times. WIN!

Bills not in yet. That will determine this one.

Life goal: Catch up on established wedding planning goals

WIN! On target, which I wasn't last week.

Oh sweet zombie brains. I am so close to done with the year....

Hey guys, sorry I've been out for a few days. I'm taking a bit of a digital sabbatical to spend time with fam! I'm going to keep offline for a day or two more, but rest assured, I'm still plugging away at my goals! (Being off the computer means more time outside and moving!) I will update in the next day or two, just don't kick me off the team please!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines