Waldo 'n Teh Abz, Pt 2

Waldo

Congrats on the weight loss, and the maintenance! I'm looking forward to following your challenge, as usual, just for the educational factor. I can't wait for the website posts too, for the same reason!

Thanks!

Ohi abs.

Nice progress, I like!

Thanks!  That is a more representative pic, overall, there is less progress than it seems.  Lighting makes a ton of difference.

Shucks. What are councils thinking !?! Assassins have needs too ! ;)

Dunno.  Real bummer.  There's another park I can use a little further away that has bars that can be used for bar dips/jump muscle ups.  I couldn't tell you where there's an outdoor public full size pullup bar though near here, which sucks.  Gonna have to get used to fat bars.

Clap pullups are definitely cool. How close are you feeling to the muscle-up? 

Also, nice progress shot - definitely better lighting!

I could probably do a good 2 arm muscle up were my doorway pullup bar to have the clearance.  I've always been stronger on that bar.  On a normal sized 1" bar I'm real close, could actually have it, but I don't know of a bar to use.  Further away on the 2" bar of the monkey bars or the 3" bar of the swing set.  I'm pulling to my mid-chest though so I'm not that far away.  I figure once I'm done with this cut and have the quick strength jump that comes with bulking, I'll be there, at worst.

Yea don't know if it's just the lighting, but I'm pretty blown away by that difference :o

Thought the exact same thing. Either it's the lighting or there's quite a difference.

There is a difference for sure, but lighting does make a big difference, especially in the vertical line in the middle.

Oy.  The lower ab definition is really beginning to pop!  You losing much in the chest?

Remember those shots are flexed.  Still only have hints when unflexed. 

No.  After a quick drop in the chest right away, likely water loss, things have been very stable.  Same with the biceps, forearms, and quads.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

clap pullups. wow.

awesome.

like the pistol post -- i can do 'em on my right leg, but for some reason, the left just won't go. :/

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Remember those shots are flexed.  Still only have hints when unflexed. 

No.  After a quick drop in the chest right away, likely water loss, things have been very stable.  Same with the biceps, forearms, and quads.

I gotta learn how to flex.  Any pointers?

Sweetness.  Good sign. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Nice goals, definitely subscribing. I saw your handstand goal while I was writing my thread, and I won't lie, I definitely used it to help structure my own handstand goal. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the challenge, you seem to have a lot of good information in these threads.

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

A thread a couple days/weeks ago prompted me to go through some old photo albums. 

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/28700-turns-out-i-have-too-many-questions-about-food/?p=525508

Yes, many moons ago I wore tie dies and followed Phish around, had hair down to the middle of my back. My college ID is hilarius. Long before I ever gained any weight.

Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Don't know where my college ID is (somewhere in the house), but....

IMGa1_zpse7a6f854.jpg

.....yeah, it happened (circa 1999).

I've said a few times my dysmorphia comes not from being fat, but from being scary skinny, and that coming to grips with that was the first step to losing weight. And that at one time I had an ED.  Well, here's what I mean:

IMG_0001a1_zps54ea9778.jpg

...and that was not the worst of it, at all (circa 2001).  In the 1997 area, my Sophomore year of college, I was probably a good 10-15 pounds lighter than this picture.  A fear of this is really one of the things that drives my motivation.  Simply due to the dysmophia, I cannot ever get "too big".  But I think that I have harnessed it in a good way, it is more motivational than anything, that chip on my shoulder.

Workout Log - 6/3

8 minutes freestanding handstand practice (5 seconds best hold)

5 minutes tuck planche pushup practice

Some V-sit tests, 45 degrees max

Leg Day A

Lunge Matrix x 5

Kick Curcuit x5

BW RDL - 10 reps

BW Squat - 10 reps

One Leg Standing L - 15/15 sec

Pistol Squat (BW) - 5e++/5e++ reps

Pistol Squat (+30) - 4x+/4e+, 3x+/3e+, 4x+/4e+ reps

Shrimp Squat - 5x-/5x+ reps

Run 0.64 mile to sprinting hill

110M hill sprints @ 8%

Run 1 - 18.28 sec

Run 2 - 15.15 sec  ***New PR***

Run 3 - 15.84 sec

Run 4 - 16.93 sec

Run 0.64 mile home

- Did 2 mini workouts today, kicking the challenge off with a bang.

- Really suck at freestanding handstands.

- Been a while since I last tested my V-sit height.  No progress to report, 45 degrees is still my max.

- Lost a little from the pistols, been a while since I worked them weighted.  Probably take a bit to work back up to (and hopefully beyond) my old working weight.

- First and last set of weighted pistols were DB's on shoulders.  Set 2 had the DB's overhead.

- Didn't have the groove on shrimp squats, but I went right into them after the last set of pistols.  Going to go do some shrimp work to hopefully maintain what I build with the skaters.

- Oooh yeah!!!  Sprinting PR, woot.  Beat my previous best time by 0.06 sec.  Been 2 months since I set my last PR.  No coincidence that it coincided with the end of my diet break.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I've said a few times my dysmorphia comes not from being fat, but from being scary skinny, and that coming to grips with that was the first step to losing weight. And that at one time I had an ED. 

That's actually really interesting. Maybe blog post material?

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I've said a few times my dysmorphia comes not from being fat, but from being scary skinny, and that coming to grips with that was the first step to losing weight. 

That's actually really interesting. Maybe blog post material?

There's some strange stuff your psyche will do when it comes to food.

I remember how, at a time when I was really skint, I would put on a lot of weight because I was always worried about not getting enough to eat. I would take 6 sandwiches to work, fearing that if I took less, I might get hungry and would not be able to buy anything else. God knows why I ate them all but I felt a huge sense of relief stuffing myself and feeling really full afterwards.

Also, I'd spend hours planning the most elaborate meals on a minimal budget, all proper with two courses and dessert when everybody would have been happy with just a sarnie and a yoghurt. :blink: And I wasn't even hungry then. I was just scared I might go hungry. 

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines