[June 3 - July 14] Meditation for Life

Yesterday, I floated on my back in the pool with my eyes closed for 25 breaths.  Because the pool has become a daily habit of mine, if I haven't meditated by the time I get there, some form of water meditation is likely.  It helps that I'm almost always the only person in the pool.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I'm joining as well!

As far as "how" - I'll probably time 5 minutes, and try to focus on some form of positive thoughts.

Looking forward to the challenge with you!

if you want, one good technique (i think personally) is to count your breathes, in/out is 1, you do sets of 10 and your mind will follow :) as you get used to it you can than fixate on something specific (air going through your nose, belly going up and down) or fixate on a mental picture (but that's very hard). When you meditate in the forms I just told, you let your thoughts pass, without holding on to them, noticing them but letting them pass. Kinda like noticing leaves flowing down a calm river :)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

I'm quietly joining too

yay :D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Meditating for 5 minutes per day is one of my challenge goals for the next six weeks. 

When I was doing a lot of Tai Chi, I used to do five minutes in Standing Tree Pose every day.  (Basically, squat slightly, hold your arms out as if hugging a tree, wait there for five minutes.) 

This time around, I'm just going to try the breathing and relaxing for five minutes. 

So is it OK to do other kinds of meditation? I was shooting for half an hour because I was going to do mindfullness while going for a walk. That's immersing yourself in the experience, rather than counting breaths and being still.

For me it doesn't matter if I count breaths or I am doing mindfulness while I run (for example). Both ways are 'meditation' and I like to match them.

Today I've done a mistake while configuring my alarm clock, so I've done 20' of meditation instead of 15' (almost 200 breaths, lol).

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

So is it OK to do other kinds of meditation? I was shooting for half an hour because I was going to do mindfullness while going for a walk. That's immersing yourself in the experience, rather than counting breaths and being still.

Yes, any kind of meditation will do, including moving meditation.  The point is daily practice.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

so first day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5 min normal yogic position, concentrated on the tic toc of the clock ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1 min 20 sec in horse stance position 

ASSASSIN LEVEL:3

STR: 15(current), 4(beginning) | DEX: 11.42(current), 1(beginning) | STA: 3.26(current), 1(beginning) | CON: 9(current), 4(beginning) | WIS: 3(current), 2(beginning) | CHA: 10.37(current), 3(beginning)

Challenges: #1#2

Current Challenge: challenge 3

Count me in as well.  The next few weeks are among my craziest every year.  I could certainly use some intentional focus on staying centered, and one of my goals for this challenge was to do at least a little meditating daily anyway!  Nothing like a little extra motivation to remember to take the time.

bgrams, level 0 Human in Training

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

This fits right in with one of my challenge goals.  Im in!

Years ago I bought the Idiots Guide to Zen Living.  It was a great read and had lots of information about meditation.  Im going to have to pull it back out.  

The tittle sounds great! Was it your first 'zen' book? I'm very interested on reading something related to Buddhism or meditation or... whatever. Should I start with it?

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

So many participants.  :love_heart:

Tonight, I did 25 breaths whilst lying on my back at home.  It has been a long day.  I hoped it would put me to sleep, but it didn't.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler