[June 3 - July 14] Meditation for Life

damnit. i forgot yesterday. 

i'll have to shoot for double time today :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I tried to meditate in the changing room before I started my session at the gym, got to about 15 breaths when people came in. It totally through me off so I stopped.

I was about to try again at the end of the session but there were too many people around and I felt very self-conscious so I just decided to postpone it til tonight.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

I tried to meditate in the changing room before I started my session at the gym, got to about 15 breaths when people came in. It totally through me off so I stopped.

I was about to try again at the end of the session but there were too many people around and I felt very self-conscious so I just decided to postpone it til tonight.

This challenge is more about the daily practice than about attaining a standard.  I would call your attempt a success for our purposes.  By all means, try again because it is good for you, but don't worry too much about doing it for the pvp.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

This challenge is more about the daily practice than about attaining a standard.  I would call your attempt a success for our purposes.  By all means, try again because it is good for you, but don't worry too much about doing it for the pvp.

I know but I do like the 25 breaths, I think it's a brilliant number to shoot for so I'd like to keep it at that! Plus there wasn't much relaxation/meditation going on with the crappy gym music and all the noise.

Not worrying about it, that would kind of counter the whole idea of it but I do want to find something that works for me! :)

*hugs just because*

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

I do alot of work at computers, and I've started doing a short meditation anytime I fire off a program or start booting something up that I know will take a minute or two to clear my head and get centered.  Since I do alot of this in the morning it really helps me feel calm and focused right from the get go.

Thought of this yesterday when I was working on a machine that kept crashing and needing to be rebooted. Definitely got my meditation time in--much metter than my usual frustration at these kinds of things.

bgrams, level 0 Human in Training

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Forgot the first day, but relaxed in the backyard of my parents in the sun yesterday. I lay there for like 30 min, and nearly fell asleep more than once lol.

I'm going to aim for meditation after getting home from work, I could use the time to unwind so I can start my house chores with a fresh mind :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I've created a spreadsheet for tracking your progress.  http://bit.ly/NF-2013-June-PVP-meditation  Enter a 1 to show you've participated on a given day, nothing or - to indicate you didn't.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

SPREADSHEET!!! oh uchem.... *goes back to sitting quietly*

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I've created a spreadsheet for tracking your progress.  http://bit.ly/NF-2013-June-PVP-meditation  Enter a 1 to show you've participated on a given day, nothing or - to indicate you didn't.  Let me know if you have any questions.

I've attempted to edit the spreadsheet and I haven't been able, do you know why's that?

By the way, I've meditated for 15', but it has been harder to me than the previous days. I'm not focused at all.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

25 breaths last night. Tougher than I thought especially once I realized I was fixating on counting the breaths.

I'm at the beach for the next few weeks so I plan on meditating while listening to the waves roll in.

VANGELIS

WEREBUNNY

ADVENTURER

LEVEL 1

STR: 3 | DEX: 0.5  | CON: 2  | STA: 0.5  | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2

CHANGE THE CONVERSATION IN YOUR HEAD

Challenge Goals 

I've attempted to edit the spreadsheet and I haven't been able, do you know why's that?

By the way, I've meditated for 15', but it has been harder to me than the previous days. I'm not focused at all.

same problem can't edit ,,,,,,,,,, plus did 1 min 20 sec meditation in horse shoe stance on tuesday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and 1 min 30 sec in horse shoe stance and 5 min normal seated position on wednesday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, does tuesday count

ASSASSIN LEVEL:3

STR: 15(current), 4(beginning) | DEX: 11.42(current), 1(beginning) | STA: 3.26(current), 1(beginning) | CON: 9(current), 4(beginning) | WIS: 3(current), 2(beginning) | CHA: 10.37(current), 3(beginning)

Challenges: #1#2

Current Challenge: challenge 3

I'm sure I've set up the spreadsheet incorrectly, but I doubt I'll be able to do anything about it until I get home tonight.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

hey does my Tuesday count ,,,,,,,,,, ???????????????

Yes.  I can't access google docs at all from work, and since no one else can edit right now, it hasn't been updated.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

2 days done for 5 minutes. This is a harder challenge than I thought it would be. Almost forgot last night so I've set a reminder on my phone.

Anyone have tips on how to 'think about nothing'?

First, thinking about nothing is not a requirement of meditation.  There are many meditation techniques, both mental and physical, and not all of them involve clearing the mind.

Having said that, if clearing your mind is important to you, there are a couple things you can try.  One is to focus on your breathing.  Observe your breath as you inhale deep into your kidneys.  Feel the regenerating oxygen flowing into you.  As you exhale, let the waste products flow out of you from deep in your lungs.  Another is to try to release your thoughts.  As you have each thought, notice it and imagine it in a bubble.  Release the bubble and let the thought flow away from you.  The first is probably easier.  Yet another method would be to perform a basic chant, something like om.  You can focus on the sound and feeling of the chant as a way to settle the mind.

Whatever you try, let us know how it goes for you.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

for some reason i can't update?

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

for some reason i can't update?

oops sorry. you already knew about this issue :) 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter