Druid Lodge: Chat - Ask - Welcome

Chanda

I have heard a lot of sweaters use Skidless Yoga towels. They are absorbent towels with rubbery bumps on the back to help them grip the mat and soak up the sweat. Some people are simply using microfiber although I am not sure how well they stick. There are some open cell mats out there but I am not sure how they do as far as bacteria and stuff goes as they are designed to soak up the moisture instead of letting it sit on top like closed cell varieties do. I found a helpful post that might give you some additional ideas here. Good Luck!

Sweater what? Someone called for me?   I am a rather disturbing sweater during hot yoga class. When I go from forward fold to chair pose, the sweat no joke becomes a steady stream from my head down off my nose down to my towel.    I have been using YogaRat products for my mat and microfiber towels which work fairly well so far.   I might break down and buy the lululemon The Mat as I tried one in store the other day and did not slip around.   I have to go pick up my hemmed Kung-Fu pants tonight and may try it out again right after class when I may still be damp to give it a real try.  I did snag a lululemon towel and it did a decent job of keeping the sweat back, but I did not push my usual self with my broken toe for now.   Heck I think I am going to buy one of the skidless towels from the link you provided as I will try anything to see if it helps my practice.   And bacteria I am not worried about as I have 5 towels and do enough laundry to support a small army with all my yoga gear.   Gonna need another drying rack for the microfiber, nylon, polyester, and spandex stuff I have to rack dry vs. using the dryer.  Not using fabric softener really does help keep it from not being like a slip and slide.   

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Hope everyone is doing great! Can you believe we are 2 weeks into this challenge??? 

Will be visiting the challenge topics this week. Been a crazy couple of weeks... Can't wait to see what everyone is up to!

If you have any questions or need support, please comment here or send me a message. :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Hail, dear druids!

I come seeking knowledge of your culture, and the integration of self in which you specialize.   My body is strong, but my mind and spirit are weak. I humbly ask one of you to take me as his or her apprentice, to teach me mysteries that are beyond my realm of experience.

In friendship,

Eilyd

_________

Translation:

The Ranger's mini-challenge for this week is to make a friend in another guild and to progress toward one of our shared personal goals together. This challenge I aspire to peace of mind and spirit, as we are going through a tumultuous period of life right now. I thought this guild may be the place to look.

Friends? :)

Hail, dear druids!

I come seeking knowledge of your culture, and the integration of self in which you specialize.   My body is strong, but my mind and spirit are weak. I humbly ask one of you to take me as his or her apprentice, to teach me mysteries that are beyond my realm of experience.

In friendship,

Eilyd

_________

Translation:

The Ranger's mini-challenge for this week is to make a friend in another guild and to progress toward one of our shared personal goals together. This challenge I aspire to peace of mind and spirit, as we are going through a tumultuous period of life right now. I thought this guild may be the place to look.

Tumultuous times and peace of mind.  Sounds familiar :)  Does it count if I'm a warrior playing a druid? :P

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hail, dear druids!

In friendship,

Eilyd

_________

Translation:

Friends!

My life is also slightly ... well let's stick to tumultuous at the moment!

Going to check out your challenge, BRB

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Thanks Maris and welcome back. It is so great that you specified best of will instead of luck! It certainly is a battle of the will isn't it? I find that all things can be accomplished if we just set our minds to it. Well maybe I should rephrase in a more druid-like fashion...

All things [that are meant to be] can be accomplished are achievable if we [believe wholeheartedly and] set our minds to it.

Any druids out there believe in the Law of Attraction aka "the Secret"?

"Do or Do not, There is no try" - Master Yoda

Hallo druids! Like Eilyd, I am a ranger looking for a little druidic diversity and guidance. I am struggling with finding the room in my life for yoga and would love to learn from one of you kind folk. Especially if anyone has a near-beginner routine (video online, perhaps) that they'd recommend! :-)  My goals include flexibility and being able to dedicate time each day to myself. 

cavejen

lifting heavy stuff

putting it back down again

since 2012

~

Level 3 Cyborg Warrior

Current Challenge || Previous Challenges: (4), (3), 21 || Fitocracy

Hallo druids! Like Eilyd, I am a ranger looking for a little druidic diversity and guidance. I am struggling with finding the room in my life for yoga and would love to learn from one of you kind folk. Especially if anyone has a near-beginner routine (video online, perhaps) that they'd recommend! :-)  My goals include flexibility and being able to dedicate time each day to myself. 

do you have the ION channel and DVR

I've got Direct TV - I recorded Adrienne Reid's program. Its 30 min sessions - and she is really good at showing all the different levels.  

Also, you could look into Yin Yoga (recently recommended to me). It is all about holding one position for 3-4 minutes. So if you only have 10 minutes, you could work on just your back or legs, etc.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Thanks Maris and welcome back. It is so great that you specified best of will instead of luck! It certainly is a battle of the will isn't it? I find that all things can be accomplished if we just set our minds to it. Well maybe I should rephrase in a more druid-like fashion...

All things [that are meant to be] can be accomplished are achievable if we [believe wholeheartedly and] set our minds to it.

Any druids out there believe in the Law of Attraction aka "the Secret"?

lol nice reframe.

I do believe in the Law of Attraction. I also believe it is a lot of inner work to get to a place where one can truly shift her or his beliefs in a fashion that brings happiness/prosperity/love/what have you in every moment- there's a lot of conditioning that happens in our society! I also believe that you don't just sit around and wish for things. You set very clear intentions and declarations and then take actions toward those things!! Which is what we are all doing right here. Love it!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

do you have the ION channel and DVR

I've got Direct TV - I recorded Adrienne Reid's program. Its 30 min sessions - and she is really good at showing all the different levels.  

Also, you could look into Yin Yoga (recently recommended to me). It is all about holding one position for 3-4 minutes. So if you only have 10 minutes, you could work on just your back or legs, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion! I had heard the term Yin Yoga but wasn't sure what it was. Sadly, I don't have TV at all. Just the Internet. :)

cavejen

lifting heavy stuff

putting it back down again

since 2012

~

Level 3 Cyborg Warrior

Current Challenge || Previous Challenges: (4), (3), 21 || Fitocracy

Thanks for the suggestion! I had heard the term Yin Yoga but wasn't sure what it was. Sadly, I don't have TV at all. Just the Internet. :)

Just the internet... hahaha... that is even more time consuming than the TV used to be = EVIL. ;)

The net when used wisely = GOOD. 

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Can I just say - it is absolutely mesmerizing to see everyone's last poster as Sunmage ... and see that avatar line after line after line.

That is all ....

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

On my tablet the avatar is not moving synchronized. Just nearly, so its a little chaotic.

What do you mean by mesmerizing? Translation sites allow nearly everything :D

I'd love to catch up with every single druid all the time. But let's be realistic. We can try to do that and put in a big session once in a while. And we love to do that!

For the rest of the challenges I have to trust you supporting each other. And I was very happy to see how well this works!

Thank you everyone for making this guild so special and so awesome! It is a pleasure to be here!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

There is a new special operation!

Please help us recruit some adventurers:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/32868-druids-hidden-recruitment-forest/

People will ask questions there and we provide awesome answers!

Are you in?

And more important: Does this text represent your druid being?

Can we improve it?

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Please report your success!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines