ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein vs Dymatize Iso-100 Protein

I've always liked ON more. It taste better imo. I got Dymatize banana once that soured me on the brand. That said, I like americanpurewhey.com  You can get a 10 lbs. whey isolate for 70 bucks plus 20% off using the code MOM at checkout. That makes it $56 for 10 lbs. of protein which is far better than I've yet found elsewhere. Right now they also have $7.99 shipping on all orders under $100. Oh and their protein IS aspartame free.

Nerd Fitness Secret Santa is going on! Sign up ends on the 28th! http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9477898/91303a/

Ive been using ON Vanilla Natural in my morning shakes. It doesn't taste terrible. I use Muscle Milk Naturals in the evenings after workout or before bed. It tastes better but both have that stevia taste to them. Havent tried ON regular.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I've always liked ON more. It taste better imo. I got Dymatize banana once that soured me on the brand. That said, I like americanpurewhey.com  You can get a 10 lbs. whey isolate for 70 bucks plus 20% off using the code MOM at checkout. That makes it $56 for 10 lbs. of protein which is far better than I've yet found elsewhere. Right now they also have $7.99 shipping on all orders under $100. Oh and their protein IS aspartame free.

That's your problem right there. Any flavor outside of chocolate or vanilla in any brand is just disgusting. 

I use Dymatize because last I looked it had a higher protein per scoop content than ON. Check the nutritional label. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

That's your problem right there. Any flavor outside of chocolate or vanilla in any brand is just disgusting. 

I use Dymatize because last I looked it had a higher protein per scoop content than ON. Check the nutritional label. 

This is true, although there is a case to be made for cookies and cream.

Yeah I think ON has 24g per serving. The stuff I listed up above has 29g per serving.

Nerd Fitness Secret Santa is going on! Sign up ends on the 28th! http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9477898/91303a/

This is true, although there is a case to be made for cookies and cream.

Yeah I think ON has 24g per serving. The stuff I listed up above has 29g per serving.

I would do nothing but drink whole fat milk and protein shakes if I ever bought the cookies and cream kind. We all must know our limits....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

ON seems to be a cheaper option from what ive seen compared to D. In case that is an issue.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I like the ISO-100 as well for the 0 carbs, it's pure protein. It's really up to preferance though.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I would do nothing but drink whole fat milk and protein shakes if I ever bought the cookies and cream kind. We all must know our limits....

I've been known to make a cookies and cream protein shake with eggnog :) Sooooooooooooo good! Also, toss in a scoop of ice cream....yum. At some point it may stop being a protein shake, but oh well....

EDIT: Also, who put on 10-15 lbs over the holidays? This guy!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I've been known to make a cookies and cream protein shake with eggnog :) Sooooooooooooo good! Also, toss in a scoop of ice cream....yum. At some point it may stop being a protein shake, but oh well....

EDIT: Also, who put on 10-15 lbs over the holidays? This guy!

Oh man. Promised Land Eggnog + cookies and cream would be the death of me. Why oh why did you mention such a thing?! ?

I am about to finish by 5lb tub of ON 100% whey protein. I'm not a bodybuilder, just trying to gain some muscle so that I can lose some weight later. However Now Foods I can get for like $40 off of amazon whereas 100% whey from ON is $40. So, I was wondering what you guys think is the better one to get. Thanks. If there's something better just say so.

I use the gold standard vanilla- works fine for me- IBFF pro friend said it was acceptable- and it's cheaper than ISO... so there you have it.

I have a big huge tub of Mango something or rather 0 carb ISO that someone gave me- I can't even pretend to choke it down- now I have 50$ of protien sitting on my table that I don't know what to do with!!!

I am trying whey protein for the first time and did a lot of research about the two brands. Help me decide which is better. I am trying to gain weight. Thanks!

The protein brand has nothing to do with it. You need to eat a caloric surplus to gain weight.

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------