fengors' journey

fengor

A Beginning...

fengor picked up his bundle and slung it over his shoulders. He grabbed his walking stick and looked around the forest village as he gave is mental goodbye. The time for the beginning of his journey had come, a journey of growth and enlightenment as he hoped. He started down the path into the forest to face nature and himself and learn the meaning of what it meant to be a ranger...

Fitness Goals

#1 - Find a rangers strength (+1 STR +1 CON)

Goal: 

Do 1 High-Intesity-Training each week with an added lower back exercise.

Plan: 

Purchase another 10day training pass and do the workout monday or tuesday each week.

Grading:

A 0-1 missed workouts, B 2 missed, C 3 missed, D 4 missed, F >4 missed

Achievements:

#1-1 Don't make me angry! You won't liek me when I'm angry! (+ 1 STR)

Increase weight in all exercises by at least 25% by the end of the challenge

#2 - Be as relentless as a deer (+3 STA)

Goal: 

Take the bicycle to work on every workday.

Plan:

Take the bicycle to work on every workday.

Grading:

A 0-2 missed days, B 3-4 missed, C 5-6 missed, D 7-8 missed, F >8 missed.

#3 - Be nimble as a muskrat (+2 DEX)

Goal: Improve my swimming technique by starting to swim regularly again and focusing on stroke length and resistance.

Plan: Go swimming at least once a week. Aim for at least 1km per week. 

Grading:

A 0-1 missed workouts, B 2 missed, C 3 missed, D 4 missed, F >4 missed

Achievements:

#3-1 Swim at least 500m without pause (+1 STA)

Life Goals

#4 - Get your money back from the man. (Finances) (+2 WIS)

Goal: Do the tax paperwork.

Plan: Do the tax paperwork.

Grading: Did all the paper work? A yes, F no

#5 - Build a Sanctuary (+2 WIS)

Goal: 

Improve the level of cleanliness by reinstating the "15min-Protocol" and keep at it this time.

Plan: 

- Divide flat into zones (bedroom, kitchen, bath, livingroom, hallway, laundry). 

- Do at least 2 zones day (with 15min time limit per zone).

- Exceptions are made for days when not at home. (for example on a convention)

Grading:

A 0-2 missed days, B 3-4 missed, C 5-6 missed, D 7-8 missed, F >8 missed.

#5-1 No dish is left behind! (+1 WIS)

At least 50% of the time there are no dishes left to be done the next day in the kitchen.

#5-2 This isn the kitchen you are looking for. (+1 WIS)

Reorganize/Declutter the kitchen

Rules

HIT-Workout

Based on "Body by Science".

10 min rowing warm up, ~30min weight machines, static stretching and shower

Exercises:

- Chest Press

- Seated Row

- Overhead Press

- Pull Down

- Lower Back ( to be defined)

- Leg Press

Exercises should be done with 80% 1RM (~1:30 to positive failure)

1 Workout day / 6 rest days

Side Projects (ungraded)

Lord of war and Master of Skirmishes

Finish a Malifaux Crew in time for the next tournament

Be one with the matrix

Setup a new blog and internet presence

There is no spoon

Particiapte in the Meditation PvP

drink MOAR alcohol

include a glass of red wine or whiskey per week

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

You're going to kill this! :) Looking forward to celebrating when we both crush our goals!

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Since it has been said that red wine is good for you I'm gonna add a side project of "Drink MOAR alcohol". The goal will be to try to include at least a glass of red wine or a nosing glass of whiskey once per week.

I'm not a wine fan but i will be trying different reds to see if there isnt one i like

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Since it has been said that red wine is good for you I'm gonna add a side project of "Drink MOAR alcohol". The goal will be to try to include at least a glass of red wine or a nosing glass of whiskey once per week.

I'm not a wine fan but i will be trying different reds to see if there isnt one i like

Ha.  It's rare that I see a "drink more alcohol" goal on here.  But, I'm a fan!  ;-)  My question, how are you planning on procuring said glasses of alcohol?  Whiskey isn't a problem as it will keep just fine.  However, only consuming a single glass of wine from a bottle... well, that's just a waste of a perfectly good bottle!

Love the "15 minute protocol" goal.  I might adopt that myself.  Not as a goal, just a thing.

Just curious - why only one HIIT workout per week?

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Recap of Week -1

I decided to do a dryrun last week. Here is how it went:

total km on bike: ~60km 

HIT: Chest press 30kg, Seated Row 35kg, Overhead Press 25kg, Pulldown 45kg, Legpress 120kg

swimming: -

I got the bike end of the week before and just assembled it on the weekend and did a quick run to the grocery store with it. Monday was the first day i really biked again for over 2 years. 6km to work, from there 6km to the gym. Workout there went pretty good but had some problems with the legpress. After that it was 12km back home. Daily total 12km and a HIT workout. Legs were pretty sore.

Tuesday was again 6km to work and 6km back home in the evening. butt was kinda sore. legs were ok.

Wednesday was the same as tuesday.

Thursday i didnt get to ride since it was a holiday here in germany.

Friday was the worst day. It rained cats and dogs. rode to work 6km and arrrived drenched. Made it back in the evening narrowly avoiding the rain. Have to get some rain pants soon. Tried to go swimming in the evening but the swimming pool was closed due to the rain. Have to think of a bad weather alternative as well.

@AgentsSka

Well for the wine, they sell smaller bottles here. Normal wine bottle is like 0.75l and they sell 0.5l and 0.25l as well. Although the 0.25l are usually not the best stuff. I have been told that wine should keep a day or two so that is what i gonna try. if not ill try to find a halfway decent wine in a small bottle and just buy one of them each week.

As for the HIT workout. I plan my workout after the book "Body by science" and once a week is the recommended workout/rest ratio there. As long as I'm progresing i probably going to stick with it. But I will have to keep an eye on how the legs will perform with the daily rides.

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Gotcha.  And, yes.  If this is the first biking you've been doing in 2 years, then your legs are definitely going to be sore for a bit.  And the leg portion of the workouts will probably not be the best for the first couple of weeks, but it is all good.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

The first few days of his journey had been uneventful so far. The distances covered took their toll but apart from that fengor quickly approached the edge of the territory he knew. On the eve of his last day in known space he made camp at the foot of a rugged hill. The spot he found was wind secluded and the pine on his fire gave of a pleasant smell as he roasted his meal. He watched the stars and  the mbers from the fire for a while before he went to bed. Tomorrow he would leave his comfort zone and the journey would begin for real...

He awoke as the the first signs of dawn approached. he climbed the hill and sat down  to watch dawn roll across the unknown land before him...

Recap of Day 1

Overslept ad had to hurry but took the bike to work again. 2 days of rest were good for the legs. After work it was to the gym again. Legpress went a bit better than last time but i decided to leave the rowing out and call the biking to the gym my warm up. Added a few reps with minimal weigth on the machines to get the joints moving smoothly. Added the lower back extension machine to my workout. Since i didnt know what a good starting weight was i started with 25% bodyweight and did a 1:30min set. After that a short pause and then increasing the weigth and dong a 30sec set. Continued the pauses, weigth increase and 30sec sets till i reached positive failure which was at 70kg. Honestly i am a bit shocked by it since the machine maxes out at 80kg

After gym it was off to a grocery store to buy food for the week. Didnt get decent beef and the salad and veggies has seen better days as well :/ Home after that and too tired to really precook for the rest of the week. just did  fry a few merguez sausages in a pan along with some scallions for a quick supper and had a small glass (0,125l) of merlot with it. The Merlot was actually tasting not so bad.

Only got one 15min cleaning done (kitchen). The sleeping room wasnt done completely because it is too late to vacuum without disturbing the neighbours. gonna do that as an additional chore tomorrow.

Total distance with the bike: 25km

HIT Workout:

Chest press: 35kg

Seated Row: 40kg

Overhead Press: 30kg

Pulldown: 40kg

Lower Back Extension: 70kg

Legpress: 120kg

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Let's go, Fengor, let's go! :D You've got this, darlin'! <3

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

"Time! Time! Time!" the timelings shrieked as they ran after fengor and snowwhite. The kender and the elf managed to stay ahead by just a hair of those little timethieving monsters as they ran through the forest. But suddenly they came to a fullstop as a river crossed their path. Exhausted from their flight they looked at each other, hearing the timelings shrieks and the snapping undergrowth as they ploughed towards them. "Well last one on the other side makes dinenr tonight!" Both jumped in the river and swam towards the other side. The waterfearing timelings shrieked in rage after them...

Recap of Week 1

The week was kinda ok. Had a good start despite the oversleeping on day 1. Managed to get out of bed mostly on time the other days. Took the bike to work on all days as planned. Had a little extra biketrip on friday as i met up with a friend who was in my town for a day during lunchbreak. That evening had my first swim in ages but since i was working late due to the extended lunch break i only managed 600m before the closing time got me. Since i had to stop involuntary I decided I am allowed to make up the missing 400m in the next weeks. But the 600m trashed me anyways since I was pretty tired and didnt get much done on saturday and sunday.

For wine this week I had a Merlot. Guess that could be one of the reds i could start to like pretty interesting and heavy taste.

Cleaning goal is in a bad state. Didnt manage to remotely reach it.  Instead it was more of the old, do nothing, do nthing, do nothing, do all at once rhytm that i am trying to break free of.

Mini Challenge of Week 1: Managed to make a friend but didn get to do a workout together.

Total bike km: 80/400

Total swim km: 0.6/6

HIT Workout:

Chest press: 35kg

Seated Row: 40kg

Overhead Press: 30kg

Pulldown: 40kg

Lower Back Extension: 70kg

Legpress: 120kg

@Brunhilde: yeah i am fromg ermany as well ;) south western. we had lots of rain and some flooded cellars but nothing major

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines