• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

TerosX Round 2: Tires+Sledgehammer

Goal 1: Standardize and DO Workout-

*UPDATE* It is now standardized so +1 Wisdom.  Now I need to continue doing the workouts:

Standard Workout(3):

shovelglove & incline pushups & reverse crunches & incline crunches & (when knee is better) full body squats

Tire Workout(1):

shovelglove & tire flips (count and try to increase) & tire whooping & tire lifting (custom tire dumbell/barbells)

+3 Strength  +1 Wisdom +1 Stamina

Goal 2: Building-

Recently getting tires inspired me to create more DIY gym equipment, so I'm having a goal pertaining to that.  This consists of a few projects that I want to get done.  By the end of this, I should have a nice home gym.

-Project 1- Power wash all the tires
-Project 2- spray paint all the tires and 'whooping stick'
-Project 3- get more tires for dumbbell/barbells. (power wash+spray paint new tires too)
-Project 4- get heavy duty PVC pipe and bolts
-Project 5- craft dumbbells/barbells

Since there's 5 parts to this, each 1 will be worth 1 point.  More possible options as well, such as making a medicine ball and sandbag. But that's an ongoing thing to adjust as the challenge continues.

+2 Stamina +3 Constitution

Goal 3: Eating-

I've been doing pretty good with paleo for the whole 6-week challenge.  I think my issue is going to be persistence.  I would also like to cut down a cheat meal.  I was doing 3 cheat meals instead of a cheat day each week.  I've been lowering the portions on the cheat meals, so I think continuing on this route slow and steady is what I need.  I need to get some more vegetables into my meals as well.

+3 Stamina

Goal 4: Life Goal-

Mini-projects:

sanding, priming, painting endtable

sanding, priming, painting desk

break window, plexiglass cut and assemble summer frame, plexiglass cut winter frame

+2 something

Your DIY tire gym sounds badass. I hope you'll share some photos as you finish up (and maybe even before and during your renovations.) Good luck!

Hi!

Shades of..... your description means I'll probably like it! haha and I won't mention anything about your "rubber" and "non-rubber" workouts! ;)

I'm a bit of a photo nerd so I'll update my thread with some shots of my culinary genius (be warned I'm kidding and they might not look too appetising!)

I like the sound of all your crafting equipment.  I've always wondered how hard it would be to actually flip a tractor tyre! 

Enjoy your last few off days before we hit it hard again!!

I like the goals, having a good workout plan is really good and the DIY gym equipment is cool.

For the final goal why not make it something related to your DIY stuff? Woodworking, metal working, painting classes, etc, find something in the area and sign up for a class.

so I'm looking online for different spray paints.  Some sites say that spray paints eat away at the tires.  Some say that any spray paint will do.  Others say that there are certain special 'rubber' spray paints.  After looking around for about 4 hours AND contacting Krylon and Rust-oleum's official hotlines I'm still not sure about the spray painting.  I need a break from looking at this.  Gonna eat some grilled italian chicken and spinach and probably work out.  I'm probably just overthinking this.

ok so it's a few hours before the 'official' start.  but I powerwashed the tires and they're drying.  Looking good and ready to get hit with some sunrise red.

Your goals are awesome. I especially like Goal #2. The title led me to believe you may have been talking about hand making birthday cards (which is pretty cool) but was even more impressed that you meant making your own gym: super kick ass.

Best of luck!

Well I ate paleo today but it's been raining and gross out all day- which means that my spray-painting has been halted.  HOWEVER, tomorrow is supposed to be dry and in the 70s, so some progress will definatly be done.  I've drafted a short list of what I want for a workout and I'll be posting it later tonight or  just tweaking this post.  The problem is that there are just SO MANY good exercises that I want to try that I feel i'm going to spread myself too thin; instead of being great at a handful.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and end up creating a 2 hour workout that I can't handle doing.  I did however make sandjug weights.  water jugs filled with sand and taped up.

edit:

So far I want to continue shovelglove for 15 minutes as a good warm-up. Then:

20 desk-ups-> then upgrade to using the big tire incline pushups

reverse crunches

incline crunches

dumbbell bent-over row single arm (homemade sandjugs)

squats (when my knee isn't inflammed)

as for a tire/rubber workout; I'd like to do a 15-minute shovelglove for warm-up, then

wail on the damn tire until I get bored

tire flips (unsure of how many since I haven't tried doing them until I'm tired)

possibly 'dumbbell' row using the smaller tire, or some sort of other exercise that is doable.

Are you aiming for color on the tires? Or just painting over the logos? If you're not super picky on colors or anything, Plastidip is probably a better options than spray paint. It'll cost a little more, but it's flexible with the rubber in the tires and won't eat away at it - nor will it crack or flake away if you're particularly rough on the tires.

Morning!!!

I had to google "shovelglove".  Well you learn something new everyday.  Looks great, lots of hardwork fun!  Your home gym really does sound ace, I hope you go for bright red tyres, that rocks ever so much!

Also, I need to take heed of your successful eating on day 1, mine was a disaster and I really need to get back to my primal eating.  So far so good today though!

Hope the weather is good so you get some spray painting done!! x

Please tell me it's photos of your big red tyres!  I'm excited to see them! :)

Photos - couple of different ways to do it, what I usually do is upload all the photos I want to photobucket (lets you resize and crop so they're not huge) then click the icon above with the little tree in it and copy and paste the url of the photo into the url box.  You can also upload to the server here (second tab in the tree icon).

p.s.  I'm not saying the story is all that great, but 'Shades of' is a very easy read!

This is what happend when I try that:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access uploadsinlineupload.php on this server.
Apache Server at nerdfitnessrebellion.com Port 80

and yes; it is of the tires and of the whoopin stick.

Hello from Gamer's Guild!

I really like the things you're going to do! It seems like you've gone a long way already on the way to fitness, with almost-paleo eating and heavy workouts around :) I've a bit of a hard time imagining your exercises, but it is just me being noob, I will have to dig out some of the stuff ^^. Have you thought of how to grade your goals thought? Number two has great points, and it is very clear if you have accomplished the task or not! In number 1, is the goal to create a workout schedule (think you've completed that one ;) ), to create a workout schedule you're happy with and that meets your needs (aka refining your workout schedule until it is good.. though can you complete this one?), to create a schedule and stick to it upping the weights/reps/rounds, or what's the focus, and how do you know if you accomplished it? And what about number 4, is it that you've got several things you want and don't know which to set on focus, or are you not sure yet what would level your life? 

But yes, these are just small adjustments that I thought about when I read your goals :) Might be that they help you out, or that they don't fit you at all! Anyways, you're great on track. Keep it up, following you as a fellow guildie .)

TerosX, 

I am so proud of you!  Your first challenge you started out timid.  This time, no.  You got this!  You have a plan, and I know you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.   :)

* Apart from showing photos on the forum.   joke!!!!! :P       C'mon man, get them uploaded to photobucket/flickr/facebook/whereever.  I wanna see some rubber!

Hope your day was a good paleo one, I managed to stay primal although I had major urges for shortbread after my shift at the pub.  But I was a good girl and didn't succumb to the badness.  Yay for 3 clean days over :)

SUCCESS!  I had to make a photobucket account to upload the picture since something is wrong with directly uploading.  Without further ado- here are the powerwashed tires.  First up is Tiny Tim:

tinytim_zps664ec5fe.jpg

behind it, you can see the whoopin' stick.

Ready for the big one?  I can't think of a good name for this tractor trailer tire.  Best thing I could think of was Brutus.

brutus_zpsbc30e090.jpg