SevenFootGeek has the Power

By the power of Greyskull!  Awesome challenge!  I loved that you themed your goals too :)

Best of luck, I have the feeling you'll smash this one!

• [*]Class and Profession - Adventurer, currently apprenticed to the Monks[*] [*]Current Attributes - STR - 6  DEX - 5  STA - 3  CON - 8  WIS - 5  CHA - 3[*] [*]Link to Current Challenge -
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30206-zaci-deets-getting-serious/[*] [*]Link to Previous Challenges - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/27206-zaci-deets-monk-y-boxing/ http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24687-zaci-deetss-superawesome-first-challenge/[*]

[*]Quote -  "Your actions will be nothing but a drop in an endless ocean."  "What more is an ocean, but a multitude of drops?"

I grew up on He-Man too! Watched it every Saturday morning along with She-Ra and Thunder Cats. Your thread is really great I'll definitely have to take some video of myself working on hapkido during the challenge. Everyone here has such great goals I am really looking forward to taking this 6 week journey with you all. You really did an awesome job on that bench. I can't even do 1 full chin up yet. Looks like I need to add some stats and a grade scale to my goals besides my starting pics and measurements. Thanks for the inspiration!

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Barbecues make me late for things. 

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

So, at the gym today, the power rack was in use.  :(  By this gigantic, 70s big kind of guy.  And he asks when I inquire how many sets they have left, "What are you doing today?"  "Squats and press."  "That's what we're doing.  You want alternate sets with us?"  "Sure!"  "Do you want us to check your form?"  "Sure!"

This guy is super helpful, pointing stuff out during my warm up sets.  Really helping me feel stronger under the bar.  He asks what my work weight is.  105, I mumble.  This guy was squatting 495 lbs like it weren't no thing.  He looks at me and says that he could get me to 225 in a week.  I deny this, but he did encourage this:

That's a 1/2 body weight squat there.  And you know what?  That was my fifth set.

Sorry for the rotation.  My Windows machine does not like me modifying video before attempting to upload to the youtubes.

Tomorrow I'll post my starting weights for the challenge and update my sig with a link to my form check.  Got a DL that needs some help from the Warriors, too.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Okay, sig updated.  Now my form check thread is linked.  Be warned, the early stuff is really bad.  The Warriors who respond to help me are not, though.  They are awesome.

So, first morning of the the challenge and I'm sitting with my coffee while my bacon is bakin'.  Yes, I waited all of last week to say that.  I actually got up with my alarm this morning, which means I'm off to a good start.  Skeletor be warned.  I have fresh bacon in the oven, and I'm just about to put my eggs on.  I have to say, having a plan for breakfast makes it a lot easier to get started.  Take that, Trap Jaw!

So, now it's all about Beast Man.  My starting weights for this challenge are:

Squat:  140

Bench press:  135

Overhead press:  100

Bent over row:  95

Deadlift:  185

I wanted a picture of me with my 1L water bottle to put the fear into Merman, but it's just too early, and my robe is not a good thing to be taking pictures in.  

For the Rebellion!

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

But robes are the garb of choice for Monks! XD

Just kiddin' - awesome to see you're off to a great start! No word of a lie - gonna be perusing your form check thread all day at work today. Gotta learn me some form - and sneak videos of me lifting somehow.

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

So, day two begins!

Merman was soundly trounced yesterday.  I had 2.5L of water.

I even got myself tucked in and ready for sleep on time.  And got up this morning with my alarm.  My alarm today was my cat.  I may not have a cat by the end of this challenge.  The little monster seems to feel that we need help getting up.  This is not true, and I am starting to think that the spirit of Skeletor has inhabited my cat.

Breakfast today was sliced strawberries, honeydew melon, cheddar cheese cubes and chunks of almond.  An odd breakfast?  Yes. Tasty?  Most definitely.

Yesterday was my black belt class.  We were drilling kick combinations.  At some point in the past few months, my kicks have gotten really good.  I was used twice as an example of the nuance we were drilling for.  So, good feels all around.

Today is another lifting day, so we'll see if I can defeat that 135lb bench.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

So, day two begins!

Merman was soundly trounced yesterday.  I had 2.5L of water.

I even got myself tucked in and ready for sleep on time.  And got up this morning with my alarm.  My alarm today was my cat.  I may not have a cat by the end of this challenge.  The little monster seems to feel that we need help getting up.  This is not true, and I am starting to think that the spirit of Skeletor has inhabited my cat.

Breakfast today was sliced strawberries, honeydew melon, cheddar cheese cubes and chunks of almond.  An odd breakfast?  Yes. Tasty?  Most definitely.

Yesterday was my black belt class.  We were drilling kick combinations.  At some point in the past few months, my kicks have gotten really good.  I was used twice as an example of the nuance we were drilling for.  So, good feels all around.

Today is another lifting day, so we'll see if I can defeat that 135lb bench.

Not an odd breakfast at all, it would be delicious. I had an odder one. Leftover grilled turkey and eggplant over warm spinach with tomato sauce and pine nuts. Sure was filling and delicious. My class is tonight. That's really awesome that you were singled out for your kicks. In our class it would be a very high compliment indeed. Give that bench hell today!

Level 3 Human Monk

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

that we eat certain foods at certain times of the day is purely cultural.  I say if you like it you can eat it at any time.

Its nice to be an example of the proper way to do things.

I used to have a multiple cat alarm also. Then somehow I convinced my parents they needed the cats. I might be taken out of the will now. 

More weird food today.  My sister-in-law has been eating whole avocados mashed with some salt and pepper.  I like avocados, but maybe not that much.  So I add 1/4 cup of salsa.  Turns out, that's like eating a bowl of sour cream and salsa.  And that's much more appealing.

To the gym!

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

As for the diet, i have nothing i can say or add to benefit you... seems like you got that under control.

I also want to mention that in the videos you'ev posted, you have spectacular form! (coming from an strictly bodyweight guy so... take it for what it's worth)

I've decided you're talented.  Followed

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

More weird food today.  My sister-in-law has been eating whole avocados mashed with some salt and pepper.  I like avocados, but maybe not that much.  So I add 1/4 cup of salsa.  Turns out, that's like eating a bowl of sour cream and salsa.  And that's much more appealing.

To the gym!

Avocados are much more versatile than people give them credit for.

I like to use them in place of mayo on turkey sandwiches.  I have a daughter that we adopted from Ethiopia and they used them for dessert.  Just sprinkle a little sugar on it and that was it. 

My cousin and I were just as awe-struck with He-man as you and your brother were ("I HAVE THE POWER....classic). I still watch it from time to time with my kids, as we own the boxsets as well. I love how you creatively turned your hype of your favorite 80's show and incorporated it into your goals! Well done and good luck.

Blazedge

Lv.2 MONK <Str: 4, Dex-5, Sta-4, Con-3, Wis-6, Cha-4>

Knowing is not enough, you must apply......

......Willing is not enough you must do -  Bruce Lee

Breakfast day 3!  Turns out that these meatballs are pretty tasty.  But they are a massive pain in the ass to prepare.  Thankfully, I put them together last night and only had to drop them on the baking sheet this morning and wait.

Skeletor was soundly defeated last night and this morning.  As was Merman.  Except I drank 1L of water just before bed because I left my water bottle in the kitchen and not in my office.  Do not do that.  You get up to pee something like a million times.

Today is my rest day and do I ever need it!  I think the reason I was so gassed yesterday was all the striking I did.  I was drilling punches during the regular class and then kick combinations during the black belt class.  Combined, those two things just destroyed me.  And when I woke up this morning I had all the soreness in my knees from the last challenge when I threw a few hundred kicks in one session.  Just a day later.  So, good?  I'm not sure.  But it's definitely not as bad as it was.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but I think it's really great that you knew when to say enough with your workout and stop. You certainly earned a good rest day after all of that. I hope to be able to burn through a workout like that! The meatballs sound amazing. I am looking forward to my planned dinner tonight: Meatloaf made with ground moose! If you never had moose meat, I highly recommend it. It's even better than venison.

Level 3 Human Monk

Current Challenge

-Johnny Cash

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines