Pretzle's graduation challenge! (2nd challenge)

Pretzle

(Look at me trying to keep this short... I'll fail ;))

How exciting, this is going to be my second challenge. Time definitely flies! 

Now, immediately onto the good stuff: Goals!

1. Make the exercise fun!

You see, I really really enjoy bodyweight stuff. I injured my back though and I'm convinced I'll be busy recovering for quite some time. So that means my favourite form of exercise will be severely limited with which exercises I can do. I'm very glad I found something I really enjoy, but I'll have to find other things I enjoy, too!

I will do two workouts a week (they can be the same, but I have to do 6 different things throughout the challenge) chosen from the following list:

- Dancing workout

- Stepmania (yes, it's 'dancing' too, but different!)

- Poi while walking

- Running

- Swimming

- Playing football with my hubby

- Try KB stuff over at KBgirl's gym(? if possible - really hope so!)

- long (over 45 minutes), brisk, walk in the forest

- ??? (Any ideas? please leave me some suggestions!)

For completing this I will receive +3 sta (for actually doing all of the exercise on days planned) and + 2 cha for learning about what types of exercise I enjoy.

A = tried at least 6 different things, completed all (or missed max 2) workouts. B = either tried 6 different types of exercise and missed out on fewer than 5 workouts or did more workouts but tried 4 or 5 different things, C tried fewer than 4 or missed more than 5 workouts, F = worse

2 Recovery is important!

I'm getting bored with my recovery exercises. They are important. So I will do my recovery exercises at least 5 days a week and when I don't do everything I will do at least (no official names here, just so I know what I mean by it):

5 lying on back + knee to side

8 vacuum cleaner

8 wall push ups (/or desk)

5 superman (arms next to body)

10 left arm + right leg up

10 ‘zen’ exercises (with 0.5 kgs if I can find two water bottles)

5 ‘half’ planks (hold 6 seconds)

‘zwaaien’ for 50 seconds

Stats: dex + 2, con + 2

A = Done all days and all exercises, B missed 1-2 days or did partial set of recovery exercises on 1-5 days, C missed 3-5 days or did partial set of exercises 5+ days, D - missed more than 5, less than 10 days, F - worse

3. Hydrate!

Already hate this one! But it's wise, so I'll try.

Instead of making it too hard (and probably impossible/demotivate myself) I will try to drink 1 additional glass of water a day, and I will do so when I A) get home from school/work or B) (on days off) when I switch on the computer. 

As this is a wise things to do I'll get

stats: + 1 wis + 2 con

4. Preparation is key

I am (should be) graduating soon! The ceremony is July 5th. As I'll be teaching starting next academic year I need to get organised.

I don’t think I can make a proper planning just yet (might be something for the next challenge) but I want to create a folder/organised system of all activities I can use in class (so when I don’t know what to do I have some back up activities).

In addition I will have to buy a diary that’s large enough to keep organised for all groups I will be teaching.

While I’m at it I might as well organise, decide what to keep and what to throw out, all of my study books, material etc. This should also mean I will have some empty folders etc. I can use for my work :)

+3 wis 

If I only manage part of this the breakdown will be:

A - everything done, B - missed part of one subgoal, C - completely missed 1 subgoal, F - worse (yes, being a bit strict but I should have plenty of time!)

----------

I hope I'll get as excited about this one as the first challenge, but I'm not quite there yet :(

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

I see you've got your things pretty well laid out! You can do this! :)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Looks like a fun challenge. I hope you get to go to KB's gym-though I of course will be jealous!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Looks like a fun challenge. I hope you get to go to KB's gym-though I of course will be jealous!

I'd be awesome :) 

I really hope this challenge will help me to get enthusiastic about exercise again. (Just did my recovery exercises and blah they're so tedious and boring..)

I love the "fun exercise" element and am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.  Also--hooray for poi!

Thanks! I actually tend to have problems knowing what I enjoy in lots of things in life (blaming depression/depressive tendencies a bit for that). Sometimes I don't enjoy anything, which is why it's so great I've found that I *can* enjoy exercise after all (used to believe I hated all exercise ever since I was about eh... 5?). 

Poi are awesome, I'm stuck knowing how to do a butterfly and three-beat-wave (wave or weave, can't even remember) and wanted to learn how to do the latter one in reverse but never managed :) Time to start practicing again, anyway. I remember it used to be pretty good training for my arms (then again, that's when I never actually exercised at all, so maybe it won't be as hard on my arms as it once was ;)). Only one way to find out :D

Let's find fun in exercising together :D

Can you maybe play around a bit with your recovery to make it more fun?

For exercising, can you do something like cycling? It's not on your list :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

(used to believe I hated all exercise ever since I was about eh... 5?). 

Great idea to come back to the fun part then ! :)

So what did you most enjoy doing then when you were five ? Or what did you want to do ? Would you still want to put it on your 'epic goal' list ? ;) 

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

I can't really remember anything from back then, my mum told me I didn't dislike football at that time ;) And running around, obviously.

Cycling, I can definitely add it to my list. It's something I feel like I'm notoriously bad at, for some reason. 10 minutes to the station? I'll arrived drenched in sweat on some days. And it seems very random, too. One day it might feel easy, the next I can hardly keep up with a grandma. I think I probably try to go too quickly whenever I have to be somewhere (station, to catch the train for example) even though I'm always over 10 minutes early :P Maybe if I go cycling without a goal (besides exercise) it might be more fun... 

I can tell from experience that yes, cycling without needing to go somewhere is totally more fun!

Spoiler

I've handed in my research (yeah that one I wanted to complete during the last challenge) this Friday and now... until I get it back to revise (I'd be VERY surprised if it's sufficient already, even if it is, it seems like they want people to revise to make it 'better' anyways) I can't do anything for uni... Just waiting for results. In two weeks' time I'll have a presentation (already prepared but I'll need to look over it again, obviously). But for now, nothing whatsoever I can do for uni. It feels VERY strange :D 

So I went to buy some socks, made fat free ginger cake (or something like it): http://debakparade.blogspot.nl/2011/11/vetvrije-gember-repen.html and I've been playing too much Candy Crush today because I'm simply.. bored :D

YAY good going :D :D sounds like you're all set for graduation!!!

Spoiler

Hey there :) Thanks for the follow!

I just had my morning coffee (usually tea but I'm at my parents' place today so coffee it is) and after finishing it I remember "It's challenge = go day!!!" so I grabbed myself a glass of water, two more sips and I'll have had my first glass of water for the challenge :D 

Water 1/7 for week 1

Other plans for today? Recovery exercises ofcourse! Combined/fused with an adapted BW circuit training once I get home. That means tomorrow is fun exercise time... wonder what I'll do :)

Recovery workout 1/5 for this week!

I'm actually slowly starting to increase difficulty/reps on some exercises again. On Friday (or Saturday, can't remember) I did my recovery/beginner BW circuit and did 5 actual push-ups the third round (instead of 10 desk push-ups) and instead of having more pain (yeah, normal muscle ache... but talking about my back here) the pain has definitely decreased over the last week! Maybe I really needed one or two rest-rest days (for recovery exercises) a week, not sure what changed (yeah, got some new exercises too from my physical therapist) but... I almost feel back to normal! :D

Didn't think progress could happen this quickly (ok, it took ages, but now that it IS improving it's improving by a lot :)). Will take it slow, don't worry, but it feels like there's finally some progress beyond 'Well, instead of a 7/8 pain-wise it's now a 5/6' (it's now more like a 2 when it's bad!)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines