Jammon1372 - 1st Challenge

jammon1372

Sorry for the re-post, I was a little early/eager and posted this in under the last challenge. 

Here's my first attempt at joining the 6 week challenge, please let me know if I am missing anything or need to develop anything further. 

·         Slay the Dragon – I have set a firm date to quit smoking, June 1st.  In the interim I’ll be working on my quit plan and checking in with my doctor about NRT.   +2 WIS, +3 CON

·         Practice makes me better and stronger - Attend Karate classes a minimum of two days a week and practice at home a minimum of two days a week (off work-out days).  +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA

·         Adding capacity to the gas tank - Increase the number of reps to 25 and minimize rest times between each of the bodyweight exercises and between each circuit (my main routine is below) +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA  

·         Return to the path – Start and complete the couch to 5K running program  +1 DEX, +2 STA, +1 CON

Stretching-Warm Up

Push-Ups

Leg Raises

Pull-Ups

Bodyweight Squats

Planks

Cool Down - Stretching

I edited the post to add a third fitness goal and add in the character points

Current Challenge 

Level 1 Dwarven Monk

Str: 3 Dex: 3 Sta: 2 Con: 2  Wis: 3  Cha:  2

I quit smoking two years ago with Chantix. It costs about as much as buying a pack of cigarettes per day, with or without insurance. It worked for 6 months then I had a major stressor and used cigarettes as a crutch to get through it. I quit again almost three months ago and I'm doing well this time. I didn't use Chantix this time because I didn't have the upfront cash needed. 

However you decide to quit (not try, there is no try, only do), I highly recommend buying sugar free gum to give yourself something to do when you think you need a cigarette. Careful the gum can get as expensive as the smoking was! :peaceful:  

KMGrizzly Level 2 Dwarven Monk

STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4.5 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

If you want something bad enough you'll find a way. If you don't want it bad enough you'll find an excuse. HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

Current Challenge

Looking good! 

First timer here to!

LETS DO THIS!

Level 3 Sith Battle Monk - Has a Yellow Belt in Push Ups!

STR 14 I DEX 5 I STA 16 I CON 3 I WIS 6 I CHA  7

Peace is a lie,

There is only passion,

Through passion I gain strength,

Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The Force shall set me free.

you can choose 1 more fitness goal and then assign 15 attribute points divided between them for successful completion.

Many rebels have slain the smoking dragon.  Just beginning to hunt it makes the dragon quiver in fear.  I know you will slay it.

Welcome to the monk guild

I end up quitting yesterday around 1PM Central.  I ran out of tobacco, already had my patches and couldnt see any reason not to start then.  I have been smoke free since then :)  The patches are really helping with the physical addiction/withdrawal and allowing me to focus on the mental aspects and I've been kicking those cravings in the ass so far.  

Current Challenge 

Level 1 Dwarven Monk

Still smoke free (almost 72 hours) and I started the couch to 5K this morning.  It's been a long time since I have ran and I made it further in terms of distance than I expected. Although I have to admit it was a challenge to get myself out of the chair to actually start it this morning! I'm really glad I did though, feeling ready to take on the world this morning. 

Current Challenge 

Level 1 Dwarven Monk

Thanks again Mouse!!! Very much appreciated. It's day 4 of being smoke-free and still cruising along, working on my other goals as well. Hit Karate last night and plan on going again tonight, also worked through two of my usual three rounds of BW exercises this morning (was running short on time) but I did 25 reps of the exercises I wanted to hit 25 in. Im sure Karate will kick my butt enough tonight to make up for the shortened work-out.  Not having run in so long I'm feeling it a bit today.

Current Challenge 

Level 1 Dwarven Monk

Quick post, day 5 of smoke free life and it's still really good. I continue to work on adapting my old routines to ones that dont include smoking. It's interesting to see (from hindsight) just how much of my life was being taken up by smoking.  Went to Karate last night and worked up a good sweat and had fun doing it.  Day 2 of couch to 5K this morning (my legs are SORE from running).  Hope to hit Karate again tonight if time allows.  

Current Challenge 

Level 1 Dwarven Monk

Slay that smoke dragon!

Great job hitting 25 reps and all the other goals.

It is not just the nicotine addiction you have to get over but all the other habits around it. Great awareness.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines